Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about anytime. Anytime that the conversation is about meaningless, boring, annoying, repetitive, unoriginal, thoughtless, useless, superficial...

WAIT! i have more.

shallow, repetitive, pointless...

Oh crap, is this amount of adjectives meaningless? Are all of those even adjectives? Am I still going?
huh.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randomly :kitteh:
No, seriously though xD "Hey, have you ever thought about/felt like..."
Wow. That just might work! But how would people take that? I guess the ones that would participate are the types of people I want to talk to anyways.
Heh. It's so simple I feel ridicules.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Subtle changes linking topics to one another until meaningful topic. Very easy for me to do this without thinking about it. Mind you, some people might not like topics being changed all the time.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Wow. That just might work! But how would people take that? I guess the ones that would participate are the types of people I want to talk to anyways.
Heh. It's so simple I feel ridicules.
Well the worst response I've received was when my friend was going and on about something and I just zoned out and randomly blurted out "Do you realize that we're dying everyday?"She went all whiny and asked me why I was being so morbid? XD My fault for not listening to an ENFP and then telling her that she was dying right there and then xD

Other than that it goes well though: The best moments are when we're just so hyped up about the topic at hand and we're just adding on to each other's points at a rather fast pace :D Also ensures I wont have enough time to zone out or get distracted xD Although sometimes it's also better when the speed is a little slower, then I'd get more thoughts xD
I hardly ever have someone who just agrees sullenly and cuts off the conversation, but then again I never spring this on people I'm awkward with xD

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
"Goodbye."

·
Registered
643 Posts
Haha... In my head: "YAWN. Why not talk about something important?"
Outside: "yeah... Cool... Asks another random useless question to make the person keep being less bored"
The worst type of conversation ever.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just ask them "What do you think powers our souls?" if you want to get rid of them. ;) I find a way to move onto deeper stuff quite easily, I'm not sure why, but I just find something relate-able and hold onto it then slowly expand and expand. It only takes a few extra minutes of your time and is well worth it.

Maybe that's just my personality type? I've read lots of psych books and self help books, it's like my hobby. I be vulnerable first though, that wins like ALWAYS. People love when you do it first. No one wants to be the only person on the dance floor, that's why you gotta do it first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ask them "What do you think powers our souls?" if you want to get rid of them. ;) I find a way to move onto deeper stuff quite easily, I'm not sure why, but I just find something relate-able and hold onto it then slowly expand and expand. It only takes a few extra minutes of your time and is well worth it.

Maybe that's just my personality type? I've read lots of psych books and self help books, it's like my hobby. I be vulnerable first though, that wins like ALWAYS. People love when you do it first. No one wants to be the only person on the dance floor, that's why you gotta do it first.
I really like that answer. Thank You!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Throw in something random to confuse everyone, then take control and direct the flow of the conversation to something more interesting.
(Or add to the random for fun! :D)

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Like someone said, link something they're saying to something else you're thinking. Example:
The people are gossiping about two celebrities who are dating or just broke up, link this to love & relationships in general, say something like "What do you guys look for in a relationship?" and hopefully they'll stop talking about the celebritie and they'll talk about themselves, and then this evolves into talking about the universal concept of love, and meaningful connections, and 'do you believe in soulmate? if so, why? if not, why not?', etc.

If they're talking about food and recipes (something that bores me to death), link a dish with something that happened to you ("I used to eat that in my childhood, what was your childhood like guys? explain), if they're talking about cake, you go and say "I love to eat cake in picnics, especially picnics in the fall are the best, the smell, the crunching leaves, things starting to decay but it's very beautiful... do you guys like autumn? and picnics? and decay?" Lol, that's always how I detour conversations to something that interests me, and people always follow.

If they're talking about F1 and cars (boooooring) link that to Fast and the furious films, then evolve the conversation to other movies you actually enjoy, and end up talking about cinema and the meaning of films.

Reactions: Pork Crackling
1 - 13 of 13 Posts