Personality Cafe banner

How would you rate your relationship with your mother? If dead, vote how it was.

• 0 - I never knew her so it would be a zero.

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • 1 - Very bad. We don't or barely talk.

Votes: 59 8.9%
  • 2 - We argue a lot but at least we talk.

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • 3 - It gets bad but we manage to work it out.

Votes: 70 10.5%
  • 4 - We have our ups and down, but we get along fine.

Votes: 319 47.9%
  • 5 - Excellent. We have a very open relationship. She is or like my best friend.

Votes: 148 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I voted a 4. We get along fine mostly, but she can be a bit nagging and slow at some things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My mom is an ISFJ, just like me, and we get along superbly! I understand her perfectly; this is comical in itself, as my mother is Korean and has a language barrier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excellent

I am an ISFJ & Mom is a ISFP.
Great Loving Relationship.
I'll miss her unconditional love someday when she's gone. (She's 80 now.....)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I voted 4. We have a good--although not perfect--relationship. As my mom has aged, I've started to become more concerned about various aspects of her health. Sometimes, she tells me that I'm worrying unnecessarily and will become rather defensive--and sometimes, downright angry--when I show concern. Other than situations like that, we very rarely have any problems.

My mom and I also seem to have this strange telepathic thing going on. I don't know if that is common at all among women and their children. However, when we're together, sometimes one of us will say something and the other one will say, "I was just going to say that!", or "I was just thinking that!"

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
I get along okay with my mum but I only talk to her a couple times a year, so I picked option 1.

Reactions: Angel1412kaitou

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to think I was close with my mother.. but I recently moved to England temporarily (for 6 months) and ended up in therapy for the shit she put me through as a child after having an emotional breakdown from severe social anxiety that was a result of the pathological comments she'd make and then deny-- such as "you've put on weight, your face is fatter", "you're neurotic so you'll never be anything more than ok"..etc... Basicly, in the last few months the entirety of my life has come undone. The realization of my mother being a manipulative, cruel, and sucking the life out of everyone she loves because she doesn't know how to do anything with love but destroy it kind of swept the rug of which I stood on for my entire life out from under my feet. As well as open the actual world up to me. It removed all these crazy physical and personal insecurity barriers she created. I 'm actually growing into who I am now instead of living inside a neurotic little bubble. And my self-assurance is growing in quite lovely, whereas before I wasn't allowed that. I've also gotten a wonderful father out of the whole ordeal, who my mom sheltered me from and told me horror stories about for 18 years. He supports me without simultaneously destroying my self-esteem. It's nice.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The woman who gave birth to me is a bitch. She's selfish and has rarely, if at all, encouraged me in life. I wish she were dead. I've dreamt of killing her. God do I hate her.

I recently moved out because (beyond things with my mom) I need a change in life and need to live relatively close to work and school. It makes me sad that my dad and sister are stuck with her. My dad also hates her and my sister is still too young (11) to hate her.

I don't have mother issues, I just have issues with the being who'm calls me her son.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
My mom and I were a lot alike. I come from a very large family and all my siblings claim I was her favorite. Since I discovered M-B, I can see why. She was probably an INFP as well. Or maybe INFJ. I wish she was still here, I would definitely have her take the test. She was my confidante and, at times, my only true friend. You would have loved her.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My mother died in 2009, but before that, we rarely spoke. I live in another city, and her life was full of hypocrisy, drama, and unpleasant feelings that I couldn't deal with ...I loved her dearly, but she was stubborn, dishonest (about her illness), and often very cruel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Mother Is An ESFJ

:dry:Title says it all. She is the perfect hostess to outsiders and extended family. But to me, she can be the nightmare from Hell. Incessantly demanding and a complete nag. Hate to say this, but she's also always exhibited a low sort of cunning that ensures that she's alright - in a good place - compared to everyone else. Really good at looking after herself at the expense of others; she knows who butters HER bread. Enough said.

·
Registered
502 Posts
She nags me alot. The main thing I hate about her is that she'll say the SAME THING over and over again. " You crossed all limits! All limits! You it!!!! You crossed the border!!!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love my mum. We're essentially the same person, but different. So sometimes I really hate her. But really, I love her like nobody's business.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We have had our ups and downs through the years, but we get along fine. I only see her 2-3 times a year because she lives a bit away from me. I don't know her well, but we are working on getting to know eachother.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my mother is one of the most illogical people i can think of. just imagine the classic conservative, idealistic, religious, illogical moron.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.