Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Say you're on public transit and an unattractive stranger decides to stare you down for no reason, whats your reaction?

2:"you know, it's not nice to stare at people that way."

3w4: Relishes in the moment

4: Looks to his side and acts like he don't care

5:
Stares back with the same intensity, saying nothing

phobic 6w7: Looks to their left and right rapidly, blushes until they work up the courage to say "ummmmmm, can I help you?"

CP6: "YOU GOT A PROBLEM????????!!!!!!!" *breaks a window and gets into a heated argument with a random old lady*

7: "whats up?", "can I help you?" *switches seats*

8: "Is there a problem?"

9: Wouldn't notice

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would notice, but act like I hadn't and everything was fine. I'd sort of keep an eye on him/her to make sure they didn't try anything weird though.

Reactions: Bluity

·
Banned
701 Posts
i hate that stuff. unless it's someone sexually attractive, but you already specified it's not.

i usually just ask them what they're looking at, and people usually stop staring at that. some don't and then i stare straight back at them till they get the point across. can't stand people like that.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'd probably smile, then make a weird face, then directly confront the person. I'm terribly impatient with people.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
CP6: "YOU GOT A PROBLEM????????!!!!!!!"
When I was younger and dumber I did exactly that.

These days I'd stare back, give 'em a fake smile, and ask if I had something in my teeth.

Lets them know I'm wary without pissing off the other passengers.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
This has happened to me. I smile brightly (semi-sarcastic) and waved at them.

Actually, this makes me think of another thread where someone said they had a 'resting bitch face'. I have a 'resting about to laugh face'. Usually, the response I get is friendly. Unfortunately, occasionally I get a nasty reaction. "What are you laughing at?! Are you laughing at me?!" I don't mean anything by it. I'm not smiling. I'm thinking. I just don't look very thoughtful when I'm thinking. I look like I might start laughing. It's the eyes, they crinkle. I'm not trying to piss anyone off. Very few people seem to have an adverse reaction to me though.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
One time I was at Golden Corral and this fat 13 year old girl was just sitting at the table across from me staring and licking her lips. I was laughing really hard and couldn't stop, I had to leave lol.

When I told my friend about it he said she was probably just looking at the buffet. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Strangers do that all the time :shocked:
It's really quite hard not to notice, but I just pretend not to notice and continue looking around the train because it feels so awkward. Occasionally, though, I do stare back until they look away! >:D

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
5: Stares back with the same intensity, saying nothing
Having been in a few foreign countries, where this sort of thing happens because I don't have the same ethnicity, I have done precisely this. Granted, I like it more when they say stuff about me and I pretend not to understand so they'll keep talking, and I contemplate all the opportunities I could have to surprise the hell out of them.

·
Banned
285 Posts
3w4: Relishes in the moment
Not true.
I would probably just brush it off and continue whatever i was doing if i caught someone randomly staring at me for no apparent reason. I'm aware when i'm getting stared at but i just mind my own business and hope for them to stop, but if they don't i might get suspicious or irritated.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Generally speaking, I don't possess enough situational awareness in order to be cognizant of the fact that I'm being looked at. Whether it's because I'm too absorbed in a book, in a song, in a thought, or simply because I'm too preoccupied plotting the death of the person in front of me, I don't tend to notice when someone's eyes are on me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.