Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a person told you "Don't argue with me. I will win." How would you react? and what would run through your mind right after that?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yeah, right. I'd argue anyway - what if they happen to miss a point? Who KNOWS what possible factors may or may not be mentioned to advocate whatever case? If they were serious, I would consider them arrogant. If they were serious AND generally knowledgeable or competent, it would create bias.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'd just laugh - even if they were being serious. I just don't take competition seriously, I think it's really immature most of the time. If the person kept going on about it, I'd just walk away, and talk to someone more worth my time. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Tell him to elaborate, stating the points he feels advocate reason, deducing if they were relative to fact.

If he failed at a point, smirk, turn and walk away.
If valid, agree with him, and buzzkill the conversation.

Smirk, turn and walk away.

:mellow:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
"Oh really? Please! Go on! I'd LOVE to see this!"
Mind: Oh, crap. Why the hell did I say that? Well, no backing out now.
BRING IT ON!

Of course, it all depends on their definition of 'winning an argument'. Even if one side has more good points than the other, I can say that how good each side is can't be measured objectively and a perfect, undisputed answer to which side is better cannot be reached. Anyway, if one side is better than the other, why would we be arguing about it?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
"I dunno. We can argue or I can get what I want through other means without your consent. I have ways. Still want to talk? Not worth your time. Ok!"

·
Registered
722 Posts
Oh puh-lease I don't have any problems winning an argument. I can cut people down to size if I really get pissed off. If anything it would make me want to argue with them even more.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
If a person told you "Don't argue with me. I will win." How would you react? and what would run through your mind right after that?
I would start a separate argument about his supposed ability to win any argument in general.

And then, I'd call him at 3 a.m. that night (when he's at his weakest) to begin the original argument he was referring to, but had thought he had dodged.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I would argue that they would win.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd say "I refuse to argue with you because I don't want you to lose your unbeaten record." and walk away.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there any point at which an ENTP will submit to someone who says this? And if so, why?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is there any point at which an ENTP will submit to someone who says this? And if so, why?
Sure. Some people are worth arguing with and some aren't. I'm not going to argue with someone just because they want to.

I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would say, "...okay...so what do you just randomly go around to show people how amazing you are in society because you never back down when you talk to others? Doesn't mean shit, buddy. Now, if you'll excuse me I have better things to waste my life on rather than talking to you, like masturbating."

Yes, this is exactly what I would say.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I would pinch his/her cheeks and coo, "You're so cute when you try to act tough and witty!"

After that, the pinchability of his/her cheeks would be running through my mind, naturally.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts