Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the movie Hotel Rwanda and saw all kinds of reactions. If war come to your location how would you react? Would you pay to save others lives? Help with the killing? Protect someone in opposition to your views? How would you react in general?

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'd probably gather up all of the peace-loving civilians and flee the location with them, if there were any way to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Blue Butterfly

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
well anyone saying what they would do is just saying what they would like to think they would do, in times of stress its probably not even close.

the real coward would come out from beneath you, or the hero.
in war i would do what i had to do, and kill as much people on the other side, if someone needed help i would probably help them

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'd probably gather up all of the peace-loving civilians and flee the location with them, if there were any way to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why only the peace-loving ones? What about the peace-loving ones who would fight to save the town? Would you just condemn them to die for that and skip town without them?

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Why only the peace-loving ones? What about the peace-loving ones who would fight to save the town? Would you just condemn them to die for that and skip town without them?
seriously lol, anyone in a war trying to flee deserves to be saved doesnt really matter if they are freakin demon worshipers they dont deserve to die

·
Registered
912 Posts
I would seek to protect my children as best I could at all costs.
I would voluteer to do whatever is necessary.....to move the conflict away from me and mine or to move from the area of confilct.

Killing someone would be the least of my worries. War is war. Kill or be killed. I pretty much would consider anything....bring it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I would get out. I would have absolutely no desire whatsoever to stay in the middle of some conflict that has little or nothing to do with me.
In the event that for whatever reason I can't escape, I would just try to relocate myself on the fringes of the battle lines and just try to defend myself, and help anyone in need. Or stay in the middle of it all, and become a nurse helping wounded soldiers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would evacuate: I'm not keen on saving the lives of others unless it pertains to my immediate family members. Otherwise, you can all kiss your lives goodbye. I'm one selfish mofo.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting posts. I had to go on a business trip for most of the day today and thought about this question a lot as I was driving. I think I would try to help as many people as I could regardless of the cost. In the movie of Hotel Rwanda the guy used all his money to buy the lives of his family and others. I would hope that I could do that good if war ever hits South Dakota. But as one person stated one never knows how they are going to react under stress. The coward may become a hero and the currently strong person may become a coward. I would hope that I would become the person that did all I could to help.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
There's plenty of fiction out there (catch 22, apocalypse now, dr strangelove..) that tries to describe how a situation like war can bring out anything and everything in people...

I could say what I'd hope I'd do, but I dont know what i'd actually do.. it's giving me the chills just thinking bout it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I would fight.
Mostly to protect my freedoms and to prove that im better than the invaders.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My first instinct would be to protect people and children especially, whether if I am fleeing with them or give my life for them so they can live.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
If it was something I believed in, I would fight. This is my home, the people I care about, and I have no problem taking out a few bastards to protect that. However, if the war did not involve me, I would either relocate or barricade myself in a safe place.

·
Registered
826 Posts
if the war concerned me, i think i could be a very good intelligence planner. or terrorist. i believe i could do some incredible damage if motivated. but i wouldn´t kill people(or cause social deprivation), only infrastructure and communications. i believe the worst enemy is misinformation and manipulations. mainly by hacking. but of course, bombs are useful too.
but it takes alot to motivate me. the war need to affect me in a strong way, like war on norwegian soil or other grave injustices

·
Registered
207 Posts
It all depends on how someone gets dragged into the war.

If the war had minimal chance of coming to where I lived then I would stock up on provisions and learn how to independently make stuff and live off the land. I would try to be as self-sustaining as possible and make sure the I remain tightly-knit with neighbors, family, and friends. The more resource-independent the citizens and the community are, the better off they'll be. However, if I was to be dragged into the war directly(drafted)I would choice a service that complemented my interest the most.

Having the war be on home soil though is a different matter. I would still try to be as independent as possible, but still have a alternative plan if things don't work out.

Much of it comes down to cooperating with those around you in order to benefit everyone and stay alive and healthy.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The thought of war scares me very much. But it is something that any one of us may have to face one day. the more I think about what I would do the more unsure I get. Would I fight? What if someone tried to hurt me or a loved one? What would I do? What would I do if I saw children being hurt? Would I risk myself to help them? I have all kinds of these questions in my head and not sure I have a correct answer to any of them. Would my emotions hold up in the midst of seeing people die? Could I kill someone if I needed to for survival? I don't know!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts