Personality Cafe banner

How would you react to getting bullied? Be honest.

• Fight back directly if I wasn't totally outmatched/outnumbered.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Tell someone or report to the authorities.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Take it.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other (if you chose this, specify what you'd do).

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Fight back directly if I was totally outmatched/outnumbered.

rage, pout, then turn into a fapping session...

channeling those universal emotions of wuv into power to the beat of my own... ahem... drum.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I don't react well to bullying anymore. I am very patient, but if I detect that a person is insisting beyond that, they have two strikes of warning. Then I start defending myself, and it wouldn't be pretty. So it makes it a three strikes thing I guess.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've never been bullied (or at least I have not noticed), so I don't know what I'd do in the spur of the moment, plus it depends on the situation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I try not to fight anymore after my 3rd battery charge. I've probably been in somewhere around 50 fights since high school. Was 5'8 170 when I graduated high school. I'm 6' 250, and fairly athletic now. I play rugby and train for amateur boxing/mma. I've had to learn not to hit people although I think people wouldn't talk so much shit if they weren't counting on people not doing anything because of the law. I've always been a target for drunk asshole's at bars and parties for some reason. Probably because I'm quiet, but they always say watch out for the quiet ones. I also always loose the shit talking game so I resort to fighting to win. Also never lost a fight but I'm very good at knowing when to stfu and walk away. I slapped a guy in the back of his head last night on my way out of the bar for hitting on my girlfriend consistently every time I took my eyes off her. She complained to me about him. He was at a table with a couple of dudes and when they looked at me crazy I waved for them to follow me out and the just sat there.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the person was my size, I'd push back and try settling it on the spot. If it was a misunderstanding I'd like to sort it out with words, if he's just being a cunt then I'd hit back.

If I the guy was much taller/bulkier or I was outnumbered, I'd walk away and report it.

And if I was outnumbered/outmatched AND reporting didn't work, I'd rant on reddit and perc for a week before cracking their skulls with a hatchet.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I used to express how brave they were, how cool they were, how awesome it was that they needed to abuse for feeling better and how great it was that they could do that, how smart they must be to take out a single easy target... etc etc... ; Think they lost the fun in it fast.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Fight back.

When I was in middle school there was a guy who sort of took teasing too far with me. He wasn't mean though, but it is pretty annoying being teased at all the time. After he went mean and "accidentall" bashed my head with a basketball in gym, and I attacked him, (so funny, everyone thought I was about to kill him), we had a screaming match, which ended with him saying he likes me and wants to go out with me. I slapped him when he said that. Lol.

So, seeing as I've fought back many many times in defense of others getting bullied, (even outnumbered once, adrenaline is magical), I'd probably kill the bitches.

However, there are types of bullying, passive agressiveness, emotional blackmail/guilt tripping, ect, that aren't that obvious always and to everyone. I'm fairly sure I recognise those most of the time (though I didn't always), and again I react aggressively. Either straightforward confrontation or give them a taste of their own medicine, getting sarcastic, ect.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I was in middle school there was a guy who sort of took teasing too far with me. He wasn't mean though, but it is pretty annoying being teased at all the time. After he went mean and "accidentall" bashed my head with a basketball in gym, and I attacked him, (so funny, everyone thought I was about to kill him), we had a screaming match, which ended with him saying he likes me and wants to go out with me. I slapped him when he said that. Lol.
Did you agree to go out with him after slapping him?

Lots of guys do that in middle school. It's how they express affection.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Since the question is different my answer will be to: these days I have genuine trouble imagining myself being bullied. For one bullying, actual bullying, has always struck me as an intensely juvenile thing to do. I'm not even sure I'd recognize it if I was being bullied since I don't expect such childishness among my peers. I also think the way I am and carry myself these days would be harder to try and bully, I'm slightly aloof/adjacent to goings on but inoffensive about it.

That being said there's no way I'd put up with bullying any more. I feel like the kind of person who'd go out of their way to be dickish to a specific individual consistently is gonna have some kind of unhappy/insecure/powerless catalyst fueling it. And in my experience it has been true, every single time (abusive father, divorcing parents, drug abusing mother, gay and etc [I imagine the list would be different for adults but the core, some sense of control or power they get from bullying would be the same]). So I would find whatever cross they bear and I would shove my hand so far into their icky gooey centers that I can wave high to their guts.

I figure the revelation that quiet ≠ passive victim would come pretty soon thereafter.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Did you agree to go out with him after slapping him?

Lots of guys do that in middle school. It's how they express affection.
Fuck no. I am aware of that, but I've no tolerance for bullying, and much less for boys be boys mentality.

Since the question is different my answer will be to: these days I have genuine trouble imagining myself being bullied. For one bullying, actual bullying, has always struck me as an intensely juvenile thing to do. I'm not even sure I'd recognize it if I was being bullied since I don't expect such childishness among my peers.
Adult Bullying | Bullying Statistics

Adult bullies were often either bullies as children, or bullied as children
Which must mean that LOTS of people are likely to become adult bullies.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was a bully victim during my teens (not physically, but verbally) by my schoolmates. I don't know my personality type back then and I felt like an alien living on earth. Because of this, I have a very low self-esteem at that time and I attract bullies in school. I tried to ignore them, but deep inside I was hurting (I'm quite sensitive especially when someone makes fun of my physical appearance).

Now that I'm older and wiser, I don't mind verbal bullies at all. If they do, I'll ignore them at their first try, as if they don't exist at all. Sometimes, I mirrors them just for fun. When they try again (with insulting words), I'll make sarcastic remarks that offends them.

Just make sure they won't piss me off. If they do, I'll kill them. (Just kidding)

Oh, I remember that one time during my highschool years when someone tried to slap me (he's a guy bigger than me) after I pushed him back. This guy and his peers was making fun of me while trying to touch my butt (those perverts). Good thing my father was a police officer and he taught me how to defend and fight in case of emergency. After I kicked and punched them like mad (imagine Bruce Lee. LOL!), all his peers ran away like cowards and I almost broke the big guy's nose :tongue:

He's now a good friend of mine. He told me once that he started to respect me after what happened. :kitteh:

Reactions: DudeGuy

·
Registered
433 Posts
".. All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down. .. "

·
Registered
306 Posts
Verbal bullies seem easy enough, just counter them with something that ends up sounding more childish than whatever they said to you was. Just stare them deep into their eyes, and then confidently say out loud and very clear: "I know you are... But what am I?"

It's invincible.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I identify perfectly with what's described here:

«Finally, the dominant Ti function means that the INTP takes his interests and beliefs very seriously. Honesty and directness when explaining these interests are usually displayed. INTPs detest facades and particulary dislike people who exhibit them. Equally, those kind of people also dislike INTPs and avoid them at all cost, for they know that the INTP will see right through them. The INTP's serious nature also makes them almost immune to mockery and being made fun of, at least when face to face with their mocker. If someone attempts to make a sarcastic, mocking comment about an interest of an INTP, the latter will defend himself with a pure, almost naive seriousness, explaining his position with a severe exactness, wielding his words like swords. This almost always disarms the mocker who does not expect such a penetrating defence. The INTPs defence usually also contains a subtle but biting attack thrown back in the mocker's face, chiefly because the INTP cannot entirely hide the fact that he believes his opponent to be stupid. Such confrontations might develop rapidly into physical ones, a danger that the INTP should be aware of. This ability to wield words with cutting precision is one of the INTP's greatest assests, but equally one of his most deadly traits. He is capable of using words creatively to penetrate deep into the understanding of a subject, but if not checked and wielded carelessly, his words can become highly destructive, especially where the Feeling function is heavily suppressed.»

From An INTP Profile

For example, one day i explained to one of my friends why i don't believe in the wage gap. One of the people in the room, upon hearing my carefully worded explaination, said something like "ahah you speak like a dictionary" with a stupid grin of superiority on his face. I replied with:

"You are the most naive, self centered guy i have ever met. I don't mean you are necessarily stupid or ignorant, it's just that your interests and motivations in life are about of the lowest kind i have ever seen. You post black and white pictures that portray yourself holding katanas, performing photoshopped kamehamehas, playing a guitar with fire photoshopped on it (he actually does all that and he is 27), and you go around all proud claiming 'this is who i am' with your careless fake smile painted on your face. The fact that you have witnessed my opinion on what i just said should have added something to the emptiness of your existence, at least by effect of osmosis. But no, all you could make of it is that, since you were unable to understand what i said, you had to resort to a mocking comment about an aspect in my performance that is supposedly indesirable to you. I guess the next time you are around i will try to explain myself like primary school kids."

He then mumbled something like "But i understood what you said!"

To which i replied "Okay. What did i say?"

"Uh uhm you don't like wage gap."

"Holy shit, you are a genius."

1 - 20 of 44 Posts