Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why? That makes no sense. Why would you put NTs with another character type?

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Because, in some ways, we have more in common with INFPs than we do with INTJs. Personally, I think I'd just set it up so that the different types were randomly arranged each time I logged in, or randomly rearranged each week or something. It'd be annoying, but it'd be fun to see how the different arrangements might cause me to think about the different types in different ways. Don't confuse typology with reality.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm curious to know why you say this. Given that S types are currently grouped by Si/Se, wouldn't it make more sense to group N types by Ni/Ne? I suppose the S types could also be split into ST and SF, but you'd have to ignore the functions problem.

Anyway, there are lots of ways to group the types and it doesn't really bother me how it's done as long as it's done consistently. If I had to pick one, I'd go with TJ, FJ, TP, FP.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
If I had to pick one, I'd go with TJ, FJ, TP, FP.
This would make more sense to me. I'm no expert in MBTI, but I think these two components are what really make the personalities. I'm not sure though.

Side note: I wish I were an INTJ, then my personality type would contain my initials: TJ. Or I can just marry a guy with a last name that starts with a P, then I can take his last name and be TP... yeah I'm random.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
This would make more sense to me. I'm no expert in MBTI, but I think these two components are what really make the personalities. I'm not sure though.

Side note: I wish I were an INTJ, then my personality type would contain my initials: TJ. Or I can just marry a guy with a last name that starts with a P, then I can take his last name and be TP... yeah I'm random.
Hmm. Probably be a good idea to keep the Ne and Se users separate. Maybe TJ, FJ, NP, SP?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hmm. Probably be a good idea to keep the Ne and Se users separate. Maybe TJ, FJ, NP, SP?
But then what about Ni and Si users? How would that be thrown into the mix?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Because, in some ways, we have more in common with INFPs than we do with INTJs. Personally, I think I'd just set it up so that the different types were randomly arranged each time I logged in, or randomly rearranged each week or something. It'd be annoying, but it'd be fun to see how the different arrangements might cause me to think about the different types in different ways. Don't confuse typology with reality.
Random rearrangements every week would be very interesting.
I can only imagine the flames...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I do believe that the general notion of the temperaments are is wronged in so many ways.

The four classical temperaments, melancholic, sanguine, phlegmatic an an choleric correspond with the interactions between the four Jungian functions and the introversion-extroversion mechanisms.

So that Phlegmatics are all those who have a introverted processes function as dominant (Ti,Fi) : ISTPs, INTPs, INFPs, ISFPs this makes all of this types calm, introspective, existentialists, etc. (water personalities).

Melancholics
, are those who have an introverted perceiving function (Ni, Si) ISTJ, ISFJ, INTJ, INFJ This makes all of these types stable, and reliable (earth personalities).

Sanguines are all those who have a extroverted perceiving function as dominant (Se, Ne) :ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, ENFP, this makes all of these types enthusiastic, and always seeking novelty and new possibilities (Air personalities).

Cholerics are all those who have a extroverted processing function as dominant (Te, Fe) :ESTJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, ENFJ, this makes all of these types dominant, leaders, action prone, etc.(Fire personalities).

At least this is the way I see it

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Personally, I think something along the lines of like TP, TJ, FP, FJ might be better. (So, grouped by the dom/aux judging function). Personally I "get" how an ISTP gets from point to point better than I understand how an INFP gets from point to point because I understand a bit better what they do with the information they perceive -- even if they perceive it differently.

Reactions: nadjasix

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I do believe that the general notion of the temperaments are is wronged in so many ways.

The four classical temperaments, melancholic, sanguine, phlegmatic an an choleric correspond with the interactions between the four Jungian functions and the introversion-extroversion mechanisms.

So that Phlegmatics are all those who have a introverted processes function as dominant (Ti,Fi) : ISTPs, INTPs, INFPs, ISFPs this makes all of this types calm, introspective, existentialists, etc. (water personalities).

Melancholics
, are those who have an introverted perceiving function (Ni, Si) ISTJ, ISFJ, INTJ, INFJ This makes all of these types stable, and reliable (earth personalities).

Sanguines are all those who have a extroverted perceiving function as dominant (Se, Ne) :ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, ENFP, this makes all of these types enthusiastic, and always seeking novelty and new possibilities (Air personalities).

Cholerics are all those who have a extroverted processing function as dominant (Te, Fe) :ESTJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, ENFJ, this makes all of these types dominant, leaders, action prone, etc.(Fire personalities).

At least this is the way I see it
Sounds good.

Pi, Pe, Je & Ji.

(IxxJ, ExxP, ExxJ, IxxP)

·
Registered
120 Posts
So the idea is basically:

Take an apple, a lime, an orange and a cherry and put them all in the same tree. Hmmmmm, I see. Well, good luck, creator.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.