Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
223 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for INTJ where I compile everything I can find on INTJ on the internet and put it all in one spot to see how descriptions and typed people clash, so it is nice in the regard of trying to stop the overwhelming force of N. However, it starts with ENFP saying:

"ESFPs who believe themselves to be ENFPs tend to portray the ENFP as a much more extroverted and engaged type than the ENFP actually is. Whereas the ESFP is tuned into his or her environment at all times and is incredibly extroverted in nature, the true ENFP is quite often mentally checked out of his or her environment and is significantly less social than the ESFP. In fact, most true ENFPs strongly believe themselves to be introverts because of their massive need for alone time."

The MBTI Manual from 2003 says ENFP is "Enthusiastic, outgoing, spontaneous, changeable, impulsive" under personality.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,003 Posts
so many mistakes tho
for example in the INFP-ENFP one, it goes on to basically do all the wrong things it explained in the first one about ESFPs mistyping as ENFPs lol
then does somethign similar for the ENTP as it uses some mistyped ENTJ behaviors to describe ENTPs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well at least for now, I think, it is better for me to just consider possible types of mine rather than absolute. Anyways most of the descriptions used for cognitive functions are quite general, so I think that it is possible for you to identify with more than one type, especially if you have uneven development of functions. When I did read the original description of Jung functions, I did see quite a bit of overlap between functions, so overtime I can see how the definitions might have evolved. I would even argue that socionics is actually better with reducing Barnum Effect when compared to MBTI. In that system I can see myself relating most to INTp profile if I go through their definition of functions in each stack. I think that it could be hard to identify if you are mistyped, if this factor isn't resolved.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
15,044 Posts

Any thoughts on this article I found? Makes sense on why I keep getting typed as an INTP. I am socially introverted, more 'awkward', and the cognitive functions are almost stacked in the exact same order. Mostly.
It certainly has ENTP/ESTP pretty well nailed. I fall into a very similar niche as you. Type 5 Enneagram but ENTP who isn't super social (except when I feel like it). I pick and choose my level of interaction very carefully because at some point, I want to end up back on my couch alone with my thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts