Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever felt that you are absorbing someone else's energy (most likely a person close to you) even without being physically close to them or over long distance? Like you feel sad all of a sudden but you ''just know'' that sadness is not your own?

I think it usually can happen between family members, closest friends and partners who are very romantically connected.

To be honest, I keep spamming this forum because I have an unusually heavy heart tonight. I keep feeling someone's sadness.

Very small don't-want-to-be-noticeable side note: Can.someone.intuit.and.tell.me.what.to.do.with.that.energy.because.I.don't.know.what.to.say.to.him.to.make.things better.

Ah forget it, I can't say or do anything right now that can make it better.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have you ever felt that you are absorbing someone else's energy (most likely a person close to you) even without being physically close to them or over long distance? Like you feel sad all of a sudden but you ''just know'' that sadness is not your own?

I think it usually can happen between family members, closest friends and partners who are very romantically connected.

To be honest, I keep spamming this forum because I have an unusually heavy heart tonight. I keep feeling someone's sadness.

Very small don't-want-to-be-noticeable side note: Can.someone.intuit.and.tell.me.what.to.do.with.that.energy.because.I.don't.know.what.to.say.to.him.to.make.things better.

Ah forget it, I can't say or do anything right now that can make it better.
I feel ya. Its an INFP thing to be an empath. Empathetic to the people experiencing emotions around us:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
hahah thats alright, spam away, I take it thats happened to you?
thats happened to me before, it was a toxic friendship between me and my friend who was having boy trouble and was recently going through a rocky thinbg with her parents divorce;.
Then again with my friends getting off with one another when i knew one of them liked one more than the other.
Then again when one of my friends father died.
I thought i needed to stick my neck out for these people weather they appreciated it or not, it's draining though, very draining.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just feeling someone's sadness over me even though we're not within very near distance or speaking directly today.

I'm not crazy right :crazy:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I do this too. I literally feel someone else's pain and I really want to help them. Unfortunately, sometimes I can't and I need to learn to let it go a little bit. I haven't yet...

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sadness has passed a little. He might be sleeping/preoccupied with something else.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This has happened to me for sure... and sometimes i'll even write them a short email or something to let them know im thinking of them.. without bringing up why. It's nice to know you've got friends when things get shitty, even if they can't solve your problems.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel my friends have outgrown me at some point. I can't feel their energies, but for some reason I've been feeling my second ex's energy a lot. It seems fixed, sad and longing. And I wonder..sigh.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I especially had a lot of problems with this when I was younger, but over the years I've learned how to get this somewhat under control, or even flip the switch completely "off". I still sometimes find myself in crappy situations because I care too much.

Super INFP song about this:

Reactions: faeriegal713

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
God I am getting obsessed with the word 'paradox' :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

But I am being like that!!

It's a paradox. I want to switch it off because it worries me, but I want to stay in tune with the energy because it is coming from someone I care about :confused:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We live in a world of constantly interacting energy fields
But if I were to be completely honest, I'd rather pick up on his energy rather than the energies of people who are useless :angry:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
God I am getting obsessed with the word 'paradox' :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

But I am being like that!!

It's a paradox. I want to switch it off because it worries me, but I want to stay in tune with the energy because it is coming from someone I care about :confused:
Learn from any rescue procedure in history - whether you're trying to rescue a stray animal or a person from drowning, or whatever, you always have to first make sure that you're not endangering your own well-being. You can't save someone from drowning if in their panic, they drown YOU. Instead, throw them a flotation device. They'll probably grab it, out of instinct, if nothing else, unless they really want to drown... and in that case, there's probably nothing you can do, anyway.

/metaphor.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
wait..how do I metaphorically throw a flotation device?
Offer your support as best you can, but maintain your own safety and well-being throughout.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually I see things that relate to intuition and energy reading as scientific.. (Yes I am a paradox of loving logic and loving idealism, even though I'm dominated by idealism)..Sometimes I am kind of confused why people see those things as 'extraordinary.'

Oh well if airplanes had suddenly came to be years before they were invented, people at that time would've thought they were magical birds.

Reading energy is our ability to perceive vibrations in our surrounding environment and interpret them correctly. The human body has many mechanisms for doing this, most notably the energy field that surrounds us.

The second part to reading energy is all about how it is interpreted. This is where the central nervous system comes in. Most people read energy at a subliminal or subconscious level. For instance, we walk into a room and our bodies instantly knows if it is a safe environment or not. The body immediately responds to an unsafe environment by activating the fight or flight mechanisms. Our heart rate increases, palms start sweating and we begin to breathe faster. How in tune we are to our body will determine if our conscious minds picks up on these symptoms or not.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a difference however between intuition and excessive doubt/tendency towards ill wishes.
This is where it gets more complicated. Because our body scans through it’s “knowledge” banks about what makes a safe or unsafe environment (or any other factor that it is reading) at a frightening speed and comes to an instantaneous decision, we may not respond correctly. Part of what comprises these knowledge banks are traumas. If traumas aren’t worked all the way through and continue to be stored in the body, then they predetermine the response. If, for example, I was bit by a dog as a child and I enter a room with a dog, my body may decide that is a “Code Red, Code Red” situation. Meanwhile the reality is a big, lumbering labrador asleep by the fireplace. (For anyone who has a phobia about dogs and missed that reference: Labradors are all heart and rarely hurt a flea. You’ll never see them on the TV show Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan.) Old traumas respond very well to energy healing for releasing from the body.

It takes more than just healing from old traumas, however, to be free from incorrect responses or “jumping to conclusions.” By developing your own energy reading skills you make the information accessible to your conscious mind as it resides in the frontal lobe. Then we have greater discernment which leads to choices that are proactive versus reactive. The trick to this is to develop the inner observer.
Maybe energy reading is something I'm naturally good at. I don't know how. I can pick up subtle energy shifts and read energies even over long distance without physical contact. But I ''just know'' it's scientific even though it's most likely not recognized as scientific by the masses. Heh I'm such an eccentric self absorbed non conformist :crazy:

I really should shut up about this and keep myself low profile, but I may not be in the ''completely right'' frame of mind right now :crazy:

For instance, I sense the energies of a few people in the INFP forum towards me. I sense thoughts of curiosity, I think I provoked a lot of curiosity in them (and they're just reading in the background) and they are wondering who I actually am , where I come from and where did I get my ideas :crazy:

I also even sense attraction energy fields that caused me to feel a bit flirty, but I don't know who's giving them to me :blushed:

I sense a few Thinkers may be frequently visiting INFP forum without saying much, because they are curious to see how feelers live their lives.

Okay outside internet, in real life.

I sense the energies of most of my friends are disengaged from me because they are busy with their lives.

But I keep picking up on energy from him these days. He feels a deep sadness, loss, frustration as though his mind and heart just opened up to something; as if it is only at this point he truly realizes everything that I've gone through. I feel that he cannot feel and think clearly, and will not be able to communicate how he feels in words for a long time. I also feel a fear in him that he might never see me again. I don't know whether to want that energy or shut it out.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Gosh, yes. I'm glad that nobody who did see me in a weaker state of mind from it didn't take advantage of me, though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts