Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ironically, while procrastinating on my Accounting studying, I finally FINALLY finished my eBook. Which I'm going to attempt selling online. And perhaps create training courses to sell as well if my book's a hit. So now I've got my web copy to work on... It's my first e-book, so it's a pretty nice thing to conquer.

So, aside from my bragging spiel, I theorize that a thread for everyone to list stuff they FINALLY finished will provide continuous momentum for all. I'm in a very charitable mood right now. :tongue: :crazy:

To prove that P does NOT have to stand for "Procrastination" (or "Pending", to put it nicely)...list all the things you've just accomplished - that is, for your business, plans, writing, project, etc!

·
Registered
97 Posts
To prove that P does NOT have to stand for "Procrastination"
The P stands for persistent. Once an ENTP gets a great idea, we'll pursue like it no one else because we have superior ability to envision what something will look like when completed. This is why most historical accomplishments - from Edison's light bulb to Steve Jobs' iPhone to Churchill defeating the Nazis - come from ENTPs.

Most of our worst procrastination comes from trying to force ourselves into the mold of a forgettable, numb nut SJ bureaucrat.

Plus we eat and talk so quickly, we leave plenty of extra time to screw around.

·
Banned
998 Posts
This thread is unsurprisingly empty. The best way for me to finish something is if there is no finish to it. Otherwise I need a stern deadline, or it doesn't get done.

Congrats on the e-book though. Is it about your erotic adventures?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This thread is unsurprisingly empty. The best way for me to finish something is if there is no finish to it. Otherwise I need a stern deadline, or it doesn't get done.
I don't see how anyone can get things done without a timeline with self-imposed deadlines. It provides momentum and paves a course of action.

Congrats on the e-book though. Is it about your erotic adventures?
For a non-refundable advance of $67, you can find out.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I don't see how anyone can get things done without a timeline with self-imposed deadlines. It provides momentum and paves a course of action.

For a non-refundable advance of $67, you can find out.
You misunderstood. What I meant was making a huge project where the end is unclear, since you don't know what the end is, but you'd like to find out. Basically something that tickles you. In order to do that there are many small tasks that need to get done as well, but now there is a motivation to get the tasks out of the way, since there is a vision for why the tasks should be done quickly.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You misunderstood. What I meant was making a huge project where the end is unclear, since you don't know what the end is, but you'd like to find out. Basically something that tickles you. In order to do that there are many small tasks that need to get done as well, but now there is a motivation to get the tasks out of the way, since there is a vision for why the tasks should be done quickly.
I see what you're saying. You do all the necessary things as you go, but haven't established what marks completion. Though you may see the big pot of gold in general.

Me, I have everything sketched out beginning to end. I envision the exact end, to the T. I literally imagine what the customers are doing, how I'll handle refunds, etc.

It gives me the push I need. I was tempted to spend this day getting drunk off of cheap liquor store mudslides in the park with some friends (lol not to sound like a nasty alcoholic, it's not as bad as it sounds), but I'm working today. I'm just way too motivated with this project of mine, and I plan to advance myself to 75% completion by the end of the day.

(Obviously, I'm taking a break right now. :wink:)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I find that the greatest deterrent to getting things done is the Wall of Same.

Once I've done this pile of piddly administrivia, there's a whole wall of more of the same for me to do.

I think I need to look into hypnosis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts