Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've done this before, so please don't shoot me. Please, I beg you to spare my life, will you kind PerC?

Spades' Questionnaire

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

What drives me in life is a sense of progress and growth. If I feel like I'm getting nowhere fast, it just won't work out for me.I like to have a sense of growth in what I do, regardless of what kind it is. I look for well-being mostly, it feels true to life and allows me to actually experience it first-hand.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to have myself accomplished in the things I want to do with my life, be happy and fruitful, and in general spiritually fulfilled. Experiencing a rapture of growth will be perfect, so are doing things I want to do before I die, such as fly first class international.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I hope to avoid misery and feeling stagnant in my life. I also hope to avoid being a loser or failure in life. I value spirituality the most, but I also value individuality.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I fear losing my stance in life, I don't want to have to rebuild myself all over again.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I see myself as an individualistic person that likes to have fun. I want to be seen as spontaneous and a cool guy, but also one that can use his emotion.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel best when I achieve something I've always wanted to achieve. I feel worst when life starts to crash down on me, leaving me burdened.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) I'm not terribly fond of anger. It usually results me in losing my self-control, leading myself to thinking I'm a bad person and wanting to change myself quickly.

b) Shame does get to me very deeply, but it may not show up on the surface. It often makes me feel low. Shame is pretty hard for me to explain.

c) Anxiety doesn't make too much of a mark on me. I tend to deal with it pretty well. If it gets too much, it will lead to me not working right.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) Stress tends to weigh me down and make me more susceptible to anger and sadness. I feel best liberated from stress.

b) Unexpected change can irk me, but if it's for the better, why not? If it's not, I'll get irritated but I'll adapt pretty soon.

c) Conflict unbalances me. I just wish people could harmonize better and live a spiritual life. I try to avoid it to prevent this.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) I'm not too fond of authority, I tend to want to be able to move about on my own rather than be forced to do it their way. Plus, if it gets too overbearing, I'll want to avoid it entirely.

b) Power tends to be used to corrupt. I would try to only use it in good ways, not for my own benefit or amusement.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Life is a generally good thing, but there are times curveballs are thrown. I try to view it in a positive light. Humanity has a lot of potential besides it, but flaws are evident.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

No thanks.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

Trust is a good thing to have, I can't remember when it has wronged me.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

a) I like the fact that I'm spiritually minded the most.

b) I dislike that I don't often experience unhindered emotion. Thought often controls me.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I generally am likely to see if a person is fey.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

I usually dislike when I get insulted by a random person, my response is hard to predict.

If they compliment me, great. I feel happier and want to return the favor.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

a) I am thankful for being a smart and intelligent person.

b) I wish I could work on my spirituality a little more, I need it.

timeless's Questionnaire

Prerequisites

What age range are you in?

Late Teens

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?

I don't want to say.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

I think my life is about finding myself spiritually and then acting on my passion. Well-being and growth drives me to perform in life. I try to also be morally good.

2. What were you like as a kid?

I was less developed, more rational and organized and exclusively logical-minded.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

Me and my parents get along usually, though my parents tend to argue with each other and call each other names. Sometimes things don't go well, but I don't get worried about it.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

I value individuality, emotion, being true to yourself, and idealism. I want to avoid being the person that fails to stand up for his values or the person that fails to have a sense of self.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

I really don't know what to put here (sorry).

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
b.) How do you want others to see you?
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?

a) I see myself as a spiritually minded person that wants to know himself.
b) I want others to see me likewise, or at least considerate.
c) I dislike it when people are overly critical with me.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. - 3, this really doesn't appeal to me, it seems egotistic and not beneficial.
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you - 1, it helps put me and the world at balance.
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. - 2, I generally don't like to order things around, but if it must.

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

The wandering mind takes me everywhere, it doesn't have a set direction. It does tend to either be spiritual or scientific in nature.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel best when I achieve something I've always wanted to achieve, or have a spiritual experience. I feel worst when life starts to crash down on me, leaving me burdened.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger - Things not going right may make me feel this, I tend to not act well and it makes me think I'm bad. I think of anger as an entirely bad emotion.
b.) shame - Shame can be caused from me failing to be moral or failing to be good. It tends to linger on me.
c.) anxiety - Anxiety is caused by "the usual", if I feel like I lack the resources to prevent a bad outcome.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress - It tends to make me feel like I have a heavy load, it can unbalance me.
b.) negative unexpected change - It causes me to be irritable, but I will adapt.
c.) conflict - I really don't like it, it tends to shatter a sense of harmony I have.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why? - I tend to be a contributor in groups, I like to be helpful, but am not fond of groups
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why? - I tend to be very lenient, as I dislike controlling people.
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why? - Yes, as sometimes they don't see me as a person.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I tend to see people as idealists.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

Like I said, trust helps.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?

I am a spiritual person, and it did add a spiritual "flavor" to this questionnaire.

Extra Question

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient

I tend to overuse imagination in searching for myself. I can have a vivid imagination, so I could daydream at times.

I also tend to have a sense of personal moral obligation, as sometimes I need something to work for.

I'm hoping that this helps people figure out my core type and instinctual variants.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyway, it seems people are leaving this thread behind.

Figures.

I currently type myself as a 4w5 with unknown vars, but I am unsure of my actual core type.

I do consider myself an idealist.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's not just your thread. People are ignoring most threads.
I really don't know how they choose which threads to respond to and which not. but it's not "figures".

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bonus Info That May Help

I seem to be almost lost in my own fantasy most of the time, and don't consider myself practical.

I am inquisitive and curious, I like to find out things and acquire knowledge.

I am somewhat emotional with a subtle sensitive aura.

If annoyed, I might rebel as a defense. This is not natural, as I feel bad after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts