Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Provided that 'they' watch 'Star Trek', here is my hypothesis:

SP's (Improvisers) will prefer Archer or Kirk over the remaining captains.
SJ's (Stabilizers) will prefer Janeway over the remaining captains.
NT's (Theorists) will prefer either Picard or Janeway over the remaining captains.
NF's (Catalysts) will prefer Archer or Sisko over the remaining captains.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Uhhh, why? I like Kirk/Picard best because they were the best acted and on the best shows.

Anyway, to partly hijack your thread, here's what I'd say each of the catains type is-
Kirk-ENTP
Picard-INTJ/P
Sisko-ISTJ
Janeway-INTJ
Archer-ISTJ(maybe a F)

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I admire Picard like no other, and I love Kirk's brashness. Kirk (Shatner version) is so funny!

So those are the two I like, and I'm NF.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I prefer Picard, Archer, and Kirk(in that order), and I am SJ. Janeway is my least favorite captain.

Most of my NF friends do not like Archer, but their favorite is Sisko, so I can understand that.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ah, my hypothesis may be inaccurate. Throw it away then!

@MyName: I feel that Sisko was more of an xNFJ than an ISTJ. As the series went along, he seemed to be more NF. For example, his journey as the Emissary to the Prophets, and his trust in those 'visions' of his. And listen to his monologues in 'In the Pale Moonlight'. That sounds like a truly conflicted NF than anything else. But at first glance Sisko appears to be SJ, but, like I've said, if you watch the series more and more and see the more 'intimate' side of Sisko you will find him to be very NF masquerading as an SJ.

Archer...I'm not too sure.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I prefer Picard and Janeway over any of the others... Especially Kirk. He's too, "Let's beat them up!" for my taste.

(And yeah, I know it was a whole different era, but still)

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Picard, Kirk...in that order. Engage!

Hang Janeway.

Sisko's all right.

Do not mention that travesty known as Enterprise.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Reactions: Nobleheart

·
Registered
113 Posts
Picard was more eloquent and thoughtful than all of the other captains combined. I know too little about Sisko to judge him, Janeway had a judgment-impairing tumor named Chakotay (as well as a problem about following the Prime Directive ONLY when it INconvenienced Voyager), Kirk was always too foolhardy to be in command of ANYTHING, and Archer seemed like a latter day Kirk who wasn't as quick on his feet.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like Janeway best, followed by 2009-era Kirk and Picard. But in actual fact I really like them all and would have a hard time picking a 'least favourite'

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Picard is xNTJ for sure. Not sure if he's extroverted or introverted.
And yes, Picard is my favorite Captain, while Data and Seven of Nine are my favorite characters.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Picard, they've said about him (the writers), that he was too perfect, so they decided to bloody his nose with the Borg ordeal.

Anyways:

Picard: xNTJ
Sisko: xNFJ because he's more bull headed than Picard and seems much more passionate.
Kirk: ENTP

I know you said captains but F it:

Data: INTP, the babbling, the tangents, and the know all.
Worf: INFP, I know it's regarded as a girly type, but the guy's got mad Fi going on. He obeys his Klingon heart more than anything.
Riker: ENTP

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Seems like you XNTPs got all the cool characters!...although I do love Picard.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts