Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 5w4 359 autistic
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my life I’ve been really chubby despite eating and exercising like most other kids who stayed as skinny as fuck. I’m underweight now because of an EATING DISORDER which made me want to cut calories, starve myself, or overexercise. Its so depressing and unfair. I wish i had better genetics so i could be lazy, eat like a pig but stay really skinny. Becuse of my slow metabolism I worried about my weight more than other young teenagers and had to watch what I eat a lot more, that’s like what adults 40+ do.

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8
978 Posts
I wish i had better genetics so i could be lazy, eat like a pig but stay really skinny.
Think about what you said. You want to be a lazy person with bad eating habits, but not face any consequences? Those people with "fast metabolisms" actually do face the consequences. The consequences might come later in life but if they do not sort out their eating habits in time they could get slammed with diabetes and other health conditions. Not to mention once they hit a certain age they'll likely start to get fat and they won't be able to control it because they don't have the discipline to eat right. Whereas a person who's predisposed to being chubby could actually develop better discipline in terms of diet and exercise, and remain healthier longer into adulthood.

Everything has a positive and a negative. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I used to think it was unfair. People with less oily skin can have perfectly smooth skin even without washing their face properly or eating junk food. I get at least some acne even when I do everything right and apply expensive treatments. Then again, my oily skin comes in handy in certain situations. Like I can be outside in the cold and wind for hours at a time and my face isn't bothered, whereas some other people would start to feel their skin cracking and it would hurt. I'm also less likely to have visible wrinkles as I get older. Also, due to having "bad" skin I actually pay attention to skincare and take care of my skin by applying sunscreen every day, etc. A lot of people don't and it will show as they get older.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts