Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things that some of us have posted here is how we have never actually knowingly met another INFP in person. In fact, I have been one of those posters.

Well, now I have. And not just another INFP. Two of them. At the same time! There is a serious disturbance in the universe. :happy:

I was at a seminar and I happened to resonate with another person. She and her son suggested we all go to lunch. In the process we picked up another couple of people. The conversation turned to MBTI and almost everyone knew their type. There were 3 INFPs (including me) an ISFJ and an ENFJ.

I was delighted. We INFPs resonated with each other. It was like being on PC. (They hadn't found us, yet, but know of us now.)

I can tell you, having an INFP friend is FANTASTIC! Even if (maybe especially if) you are an INFP yourself.

What was funny to me was that the ENFJ in the group somehow attacts INFPs. She runs into us all the time. (That's pretty amazing considering how relatively rare we are.) She was the one who helped us recognize each other.

The only downside is that we all live in different parts of the country, so we will mostly have a virtual friendship (like all of us here have on PC).

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know (a) this it is possible and (b) it is a GREAT experience. I am going to hold out hope now that I can find one (or more) locally.

John

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I met two INFP men in my life that I know of. Yeah, it was a pretty cool experience and they were such nice people it was a little hard to believe.

Lucky you!! I don't have contact with them anymore because I'm not living in Canada anymore. Too bad. Enjoy your new friends!

·
Registered
444 Posts
awesome, so we *do* exist.

sometimes you gotta wonder:shocked::crazy:

after learning more and more about MBTI i'm beginning to think one of my very close female friends is an INFP. But beyond that hunch, I have not met anyone that I can say with certainty is an INFP.

I hope one day that changes. I can't wait for it:cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
^_^

I've actually been running into a lot of INFPs lately...and it is AWESOME. :) The first I met was an American girl in Amsterdam who was working at my hostel. Unfortunately, I never got to hang out with her much. :( I also wouldn't be surprised if a pastor I met working there was an INFP.

Then, I get to school. Turns out one of my guy friends I've known for a couple years is an INFP as well as one of my history professors and one of my suite mates! Lucky for my suite mate and me, we also have a great ESFJ among us. ;) I also just found out that a girl I've known and have kept in touch with off and on since we were three is also an INFP!

Soooo....don't be surprised if you do know an INFP! If all else fails, be a little geeky and have them take the test. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
ugh you lucky! i'm positive i've never come in close contact with one before - ISFPs, INTPs, ENFPs and even an INFJ yes, but not one of my own kind.

i sometimes think that if i'd only put myself out there, i'd meet many INFPs, but i'm not entirely sure how that is supposed to magically happen

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeaaahh I support making them take the test! I've made a few people take it so far: ESTJ, ESFP, ESFP, ENTP, ESTP, ENFJ, ISTJ, ISFP, ISFP.

As you can see, no INFPs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's so awesome you guys!! Now we can see that INFPs are *actually* really cool people! :shocked:
I know of only one other INFP and she is sooo fun to hang out with when I'm at a party and feeling too introverted to be social and just want to talk about random shit.

I need to ask more people to take the MBTI test- most people I've asked though don't really care and can't be bothered doing it....they say they are "happy with who they are as an individual and don't need 4 letters to sum up their personality". Sweet then.......:sad: :crazy:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congratulations! I'm more than a little jealous :tongue:

I actually suspect I know one or two (or maybe more?) but can never be *too* sure. Perhaps my tendency to overthink pushes me to conclude that they just possibly couldn't be and I'm better off moping around thinking I'm alone in my circle of friends (though I secretly hope I'm not).

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I don't know of anyone personally that has even heard of the MBTI, except for my wife. There's probably 1,000 people in the building I work in & I'd love to see them all take the test, split into 16 groups & hang out for a day. That would be interesting & fun. Unfortunately, that will never happen unless it comes from the CEO. Anyway, there are 2 people on my floor who I think may be INFP. They're best friends & hang out together a lot. I'm in a different group so I don't encounter them often.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh man!
I'm so thrilled, I mean, I'd be so fucking thrilled with that xD
Greet you, you all make me feel jealous when you say those things. I want to know an INFP too :)
The most similar thing I've got is an ISFP friend.

Reactions: JohntheMentor

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As I said, I know how hard it is to find them. And since I know it's possible, now, I am going to keep trying.

One idea that occurs to me is to try to find out why/how this ENFJ is able to spot us... and why she seems to be able to have us gravitate to her. (She does hold us in high regard.)

Anyway, thanks for all the envy. :wink: I didn't post this to do that (but I know you can't help it and it's okay.) I did post to let others know that it is possible and to keep looking for each other. We deserve to be on the receiving end of all that wonderfulness we give out. :laughing:

Keep looking.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Yeah I feel lucky because I know six other INFP's. That's SIX OTHER INFP's. Seven if you include me. It's mainly because I volunteer at a crisis hotline and hang out with a bunch of artsy/music people. INFP's like those kinds of things. And I gotta say, all six of those folks are some fine people. :happy:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
My interactions with INFP's online have been awesome with some occasional mishaps

My interactions with INFP's in person have been...draining at best.

I'd love to have a healthy stable INFP friend in person though. I know some ENFP's, but they are far too active socially for me to keep up. They also are not on the same page as me when it comes to emotional intelligence. Pretty close, but not entirely there.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know 2 INFPs in real life, I am crushing on one, and I think the other one would be a great friend for a very long time.
:) INFPs seem to attract each other, lol. If I could date, I would have instantly , no, MARRIED that INFP. :3

·
Registered
302 Posts
Now I think of it, I don't actually know anyone who's taken the test at all. I would just love to find out someone's type and see how exact the typical MBTI descriptions are to the people I know.

Only having myself (and all of you, of course!) as a basis for comparison isn't really fair to the tests.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts