Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well, I for one would not be bothered.

I guess some men would actually prefer it like that, as having someone inexperienced as partner significantly reduces performance anxiety (as you have no great experiences to compare your partner too). For those that care overly for your performance I guess you would have to shape up quickly, but that can be done.

I think a greater problem for some would not be the lack of sexual experience by itself, but the reasons why you had so few sexual experiences in the first place. This could make some men suspicious, if is not something obvious like you being a very shy person.

So yeah, depends on many other factors as well, but I think you would generally be fine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The answer is it depends. Some men will love that for various reasons and some it will put off for various reasons. Your perfectly normal, every body has different levels of sexual experience and if that is the one reason they refused to not be with you despite the countless things you have to offer then they are not meant for you.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
I'll probably be in the same boat as you. Im going abroad for a few years and I am considering taking a break from dating for a few years to focus on more important things for a while, plus I don't want to start a relationship when I know I'll be coming back to the U.S.

Anyway, I don't think it would be much of a problem for a fair portion of men. Just be honest about it. There is no point in lying. I've been disappointed thus far with the 2 relationships I've had, so Im not rushing into another one. If someone won't accept it, then tell them to hit the road.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I'm not a guy, but sexual inexperience does not bother me at all.. actually I prefer it over someone whos had a lot of exp.

Reactions: Chipps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even when I was 19/20 I was considered 'behind' in terms of sexual experience. The guy I was with had no interest in teaching me anything. He was frustrated and just wanted to get off. He had been having sex since his very early teens. And so had most of the girls.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Problem for men? I don't know. It wouldn't bother me. Your sexual experience or lack thereof is of zero concern to me. Your attitude towards sex, me, situations and the world do factor into my considerations. If we're compatible and in the right place in life then that's all that matters. If we're not, then I won't be sleeping with you. I'd not worry about it too much :).

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Reactions: Fizz and redmanXNTP

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
It's been my experience that men welcome women with more sexual experience. We all have something to learn , right ? I've also experienced the flip side of that. Depending on the size of ego ;) some men will do what they've always done and expect different results. I do think some men are bothered by that causing them to become insecure with their abilities/know how etc.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A lot of men would probably think that it's a plus. I would, for one. If you get with someone that truly likes you for who you are it won't matter if you aren't amazing in the bedroom right away, he will be patient until you catch up to him :wink:

Reactions: GoodOldDreamer

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Even when I was 19/20 I was considered 'behind' in terms of sexual experience. The guy I was with had no interest in teaching me anything. He was frustrated and just wanted to get off. He had been having sex since his very early teens. And so had most of the girls.
This is why I avoid people who have sex just for the purpose of getting off. Thats the biggest turn off in the world.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Lol, me too. I want to be able to grow into a sexual relationship with someone. I don't want to feel like a pupil or teacher.
Hehehe.. I don't mind feeling like a teacher..

Reactions: lifeisanillusion

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
As is my preference anyway, I won't be politically correct.

The answer to your question is that it would give me pause, but it wouldn't rule anything in or out.

My sexual attraction to a woman is not her sexual resume, but rather just the hard-to-define social and sexual chemistry we have. I've found with the women I'm attracted to that they exude a certain confidence that tends to correllate with some amount of sexual experience. Strictly speaking, however, it's not necessary.

Your overall attitude is far more important. If you're comfortable with yourself and confident, you're going to be attractive to me far more than if you exude a lack of confidence but are sexually experienced.

Sex is like any other "skill" or activity - it can be developed. Some are "better" at it, and some are not, but the beauty of it is that it's such a mystery to most people that you're not really going to get graded on it. Also, it's a team sport so your "skills" will always need to be adapted to each partner given that everyone's different, physiologically, emotionally, etc. A couple's best sex is never going to be their first time unless that's their only time, or they have no clue what they're doing.

Also, women tend to take a particularly long time to sexually mature in the sense of learning how to fully enjoy sex for its own sake rather than just use it to make babies or as a form of cement for their relationships. It's a product of many things, including womens' concerns over body image and attractiveness, but in all honesty your sexual equipment is also more complex and requires more mastery. Men are basically point-and-shoot; women are a Ph.D. level biochemical experiment. Most women don't start to hit their sexual peak until their mid-30's.

My suggestion would be to put yourself out there if you want a relationship, and don't advertise that you're not experienced. You don't need to hand over your sexual CV on your first date. If you find a guy with whom you're comfortable, both in your clothes and out, then your prior experience won't much matter, and you will be able to indicate to him that you'd like to take it slow as you don't have a lot of experience; the two of you can then learn together, and it will be a joy.

The other thing I'd add is that if your sexual experience - either way - is critically important to a guy, that's a red flag. A guy who's really into you will consider that a secondary issue and just want to accept you for who you are.

I hope that's not too disjointed.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
It's been my experience that men welcome women with more sexual experience. We all have something to learn , right ? I've also experienced the flip side of that. Depending on the size of ego ;) some men will do what they've always done and expect different results. I do think some men are bothered by that causing them to become insecure with their abilities/know how etc.
From what I've observed, it seems that people who put a premium on sex in a relationship are those who welcome/need an experienced partner. Also those who have/have had a lot of sex for pure pleasure also want this. I knew an ENTP that would basically fill out a damn score card based on how you had sex. He would go through and pick out what could have been better, or what was good, or what he's had that was better. It was so mechanical that I thought it was the most repulsive thing in the world.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts