Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finding out my ennegram type and realising how much it relates. To me (it explains all inconsistencies with 'ENFJ'). I was thoroughly suprised to find that the pairing is almost unheard of. I thought others might be interested and I would love to explore the subject myself, so please feel free to ask any questions :)

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
What fault of yours do you most often justify?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What fault of yours do you most often justify?
My optimism, I am not blindly optimistic, but in certain situations my disposition is positive and optimistic. I am often critiqued and derided due to it, but it is through logical thought which I reach these conclusions, as opposed to the 'blind pessimism' favoured by many who say to follow logic! Thank you for your question.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What inconsistencies did being a type Five solve?

And why are you mixing MBTI with enneagream?
In terms of descriptions of the motivations and inner-workings of the ENFJ were where my inconsistencies arose. My outer visage and interactions are well explained by ENFJ but not at all the inner visage.. I believe I am a five independent of MBTI but upon searching I found opinions that this was impossible or rare, I was interested as to why and so I made a thread, also it serves the process of an ENFJ five actually having some answrs on the subject :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
How do you reconcile being an extroverted type in MBTI but a (predominantly) introverted type in the enneagream?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you reconcile being an extroverted type in MBTI but a (predominantly) introverted type in the enneagream?
I spend quite a large amount of time thinking, and don't really 'need' as much contact as you would expect. In terms of what I actually do, I find people who are happy to consider my monologues and come uup with their own, which I then think over by myself. I also listen to lots of material in audio form, or watch it in video form or in person. It satisfies me to go out to a talk on something which interests me and to make notes, later tslkonj to the expert who led the talk or asking a question, I will then research it further personally.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you relate to type 5 motivations e.g. avarice and the fear of engulfment?
avarice comes t me through planning and perfectionism. I strive for what I have detirmined as my logical goal and set plans to get it. This seperated me greatly from others often, due to the indepence this requirec in order to uphold morals which try to never use people as well as to set out in the best way possie. fear of engulfment rather funnily comes through insecurity in terms of speaking or standing out in. A way that could cause disruption but then being truly unhappy at lack of recongition from peers as opposed to superiors in fields of interest. I mean that those interested in my passions and interests often find minput valuable, however those outsode are oblivious to my skills.
How do you understand omniscience through the lens of dominant Fe? What kind of grand answer in life is it that you seek? Where is this focus?
I would suggest dominant Fe may not be a lense for me, when not dealing wiith people. In people I see shared and varying experiences and different and valid answers. My grand answer focuses on logical pathways and the use of the, in exploration and conclusion. Thank you for ypour questions, a thorough learning experience for me.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
avarice comes t me through planning and perfectionism.
How do you see perfectionism and planning relating to avarice?

I strive for what I have detirmined as my logical goal and set plans to get it. This seperated me greatly from others often, due to the indepence this requirec in order to uphold morals which try to never use people as well as to set out in the best way possie.
Is there any specific reason why you think having morals is important? How do you see having morals connecting to type 5?

fear of engulfment rather funnily comes through insecurity in terms of speaking or standing out in. A way that could cause disruption but then being truly unhappy at lack of recongition from peers as opposed to superiors in fields of interest. I mean that those interested in my passions and interests often find minput valuable, however those outsode are oblivious to my skills.
I don't understand this. Are you saying that fear of engulfment is when there is a fear that you will be criticized and others do not see value in your input and skill? Why does this cause a sense of fear in you?

I would suggest dominant Fe may not be a lense for me, when not dealing wiith people. In people I see shared and varying experiences and different and valid answers. My grand answer focuses on logical pathways and the use of the, in exploration and conclusion.
This sentence seems to lack a few words to make it complete so it's hard to tell what you are trying to say here. So you would say that your answer is more on action rather than understanding for itself?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you see perfectionism and planning relating to avarice?
It's very much related to wanting to use my feelings and resources personally. There is an isolation of myself and use of greed in this.

Is there any specific reason why you think having morals is important? How do you see having morals connecting to type 5?
I'm not really highly moralistic. But I do have beliefs that although changeable are in many ways different from others. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and tend to gauge morals continuously rather than rigidly. In terms of being a five I think I can be very removed from the morals outside of me and likely to question them.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that fear of engulfment is when there is a fear that you will be criticized and others do not see value in your input and skill? Why does this cause a sense of fear in you?
I apologise for being unclear.
I am trying to say that, my fear of engulfment is shown by keeping ideas to myself for fear of being browbeaten or changed into the view of the person in a controlling way.

This sentence seems to lack a few words to make it complete so it's hard to tell what you are trying to say here. So you would say that your answer is more on action rather than understanding for itself?
Again, I apologise.
In terms of a grand path I look for some sort of wider understanding rather than any action.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
It's very much related to wanting to use my feelings and resources personally. There is an isolation of myself and use of greed in this.
What do you mean by an isolation and greed surrounding your sense of perfectionism? I don't see the logical connection.
I'm not really highly moralistic. But I do have beliefs that although changeable are in many ways different from others. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and tend to gauge morals continuously rather than rigidly. In terms of being a five I think I can be very removed from the morals outside of me and likely to question them.
You're aware that it is type 1 that is considered perfectionist and not type 5? Why would questioning others' morals be an example of type 5 detachment?
I apologise for being unclear.
I am trying to say that, my fear of engulfment is shown by keeping ideas to myself for fear of being browbeaten or changed into the view of the person in a controlling way.
I am still not sure I am understanding what you mean. How is this a fear of engulfment?
Again, I apologise.
In terms of a grand path I look for some sort of wider understanding rather than any action.
Such as?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts