Personality Cafe banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What do you mean by an isolation and greed surrounding your sense of. perfectionism? I don't see the logical connection.
My perfectionism and planning, leads to large amounts of personal resources being devoted toward these plans and a lack of factoring of other people in these plans, meaning that I tend to be isolated in terms of what is most important to me. I tend not to share it often.

You're aware that it is type 1 that is considered perfectionist and not type 5? Why would questioning others' morals be an example of type 5 detachment?
I was not aware. But thank you. Its an example of detachment from social conventions, I do not seek to be different but have no problem with being so, hence the questioning. As far as I am aware my own perfectionism is related to the 5 trait of analytical and logical reasoning rather than need for judgement.

I am still not sure I am understanding what you mean. How is this a fear of engulfment?
Surely fear of engulfment relates to detatchment of your own self. I'm just sensitive of being taken over by others.
I am very scientific in my leanings and go toward abstract Physics principles. I am also extremely interested in the beauty of numbers and these tend to fuel my thirsts for understanding.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Could it be that you are enfj 7 integrated into a five or are you starting to overuse your ti and ni to that it could be unhealthy

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Could it be that you are enfj 7 integrated into a five or are you starting to overuse your ti and ni to that it could be unhealthy
Actually coming back to this a few years later as someone who now identifies as an INTP 5w4, I can say I was just very, very confused.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there even this mix of type? and I searched ENFJ 5w4 and got here. but I'm still confused that how it is working. all of my knowledge about enneagram and MBTI got to mess up. As far as I know, Enneagram is made from childhood, and MBTI is from an infant.
that's all I have. nothing was connected from there. Because ef/in/es/it and 5 you know. I wish I had a chance to talk to you. I don't know if I will get a response from you who wrote in 2013. So to speak, I am INFP 4w5.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Since 5s are the most cerebral, do you often get mistyped as an ENTJ? I'm an INFJ 5w6 and I get mistyped as an INTJ all the time.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
@crimsongarnet I doubt the OP will come back so I guess I'll just have to fill in since I'm the "new" ENFJ 5w4 on the block.

Q:Since 5s are the most cerebral, do you often get mistyped as an ENTJ? I'm an INFJ 5w6 and I get mistyped as an INTJ all the time.

A: No, I've never gotten mistyped as an ENTJ. I can understand why you would think that since you would be mistyped as an INTJ but what you have to take into consideration is that both INFJs and INTJs share the same dominant function (Ni) and inferior function (Se) so it does not surprise me that people could mistake the two. However when it comes to ENFJs and ENTJs our dominant functions are vastly different so we don't have that overlap since ENFJ's have dominant Fe and ENTJs have dominant Te.

Is there even this mix of type? and I searched ENFJ 5w4 and got here. but I'm still confused that how it is working. all of my knowledge about enneagram and MBTI got to mess up. As far as I know, Enneagram is made from childhood, and MBTI is from an infant.
that's all I have. nothing was connected from there. Because ef/in/es/it and 5 you know. I wish I had a chance to talk to you. I don't know if I will get a response from you who wrote in 2013. So to speak, I am INFP 4w5.
Well you might not get a response from the person from 2013 however I'd probably be the next best thing since I'm an ENFJ 5w4. If you have questions I'd be willing to answer them to the best of my ability

·
Registered
110 Posts
@crimsongarnet I doubt the OP will come back so I guess I'll just have to fill in since I'm the "new" ENFJ 5w4 on the block.

Q:Since 5s are the most cerebral, do you often get mistyped as an ENTJ? I'm an INFJ 5w6 and I get mistyped as an INTJ all the time.

A: No, I've never gotten mistyped as an ENTJ. I can understand why you would think that since you would be mistyped as an INTJ but what you have to take into consideration is that both INFJs and INTJs share the same dominant function (Ni) and inferior function (Se) so it does not surprise me that people could mistake the two. However when it comes to ENFJs and ENTJs our dominant functions are vastly different so we don't have that overlap since ENFJ's have dominant Fe and ENTJs have dominant Te.

Well you might not get a response from the person from 2013 however I'd probably be the next best thing since I'm an ENFJ 5w4. If you have questions I'd be willing to answer them to the best of my ability
That makes sense! Thank you for your reply. I guess it's hard for our dominant function to be mistyped.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Screw it. I'll just answer everything in the thread. Got professionally typed as an ENFJ years ago and pending a professional enneagram typing. If they present compelling evidence against me being a 5w4 I'll let everyone know but for now I'm resident ENFJ 5w4 here. Undoubtedly people are curious because it's an odd pairing so here I am to answers questions and junk.

Post#2

Q: What fault of yours do you most often justify?

A: Withdrawing from difficult situations. Deep down I know it's because the situation gives me anxiety because it either makes me feel incapable of doing what is expected of me or just incompetent in general because I'm aware I cannot perform what is needed.

It's one of those things where I wanna withdraw but deep down I know I gotta face what is making me anxious.

Post#4

Q: Arent you a 7?

A: No, I'm not a 7.

Post#6

Q: What inconsistencies did being a type Five solve? And why are you mixing MBTI with enneagream?

A: You see I've always believed myself to be an introvert because that is what everyone in my family always told me and I took it without question. Of course when I got into MBTI the first thing I did was exclude all the extroverted types off the bat. Then I learned about cognitive functions and the more research I did (specifcally from the MBTI Manual 3rd edition )how whether you are an introvert or extrovert is based off the direction of your dominant function not whether you are "shy" or "outgoing." That's when I considered I might actually be an extrovert then when I got professionally typed it confirmed I was a extrovert, a dominant Fe user. The interviewer showed me how I used both my dominant Fe and aux Ni in real time. Once I discovered I was an ENFJ it was only natural to wonder why I spent such a considerable amount of time alone, by choice, and the Type 5 nature explains that.

I am mixing MBTI and enneagram because they are symbolic as personality theories. Nothing stated in MBTI invalidates what is said in Enneagram and vice versa. It's clear that an individual ENFJ =/= All ENFJs (same for all the types) so it's undenible variation amongt the 16 types exists. After all MBTI is just your "prefered cognition process" meaning MBTI types share a similar thought process but it's more to an individual besides what we think and that's where enneagram comes into play to explain the rest of a person. The way I see it MBTI is the "brain" of a person and enneagram is the "soul" of a person. People with the same "brain" can have different "souls" thus the behavior will differ.

Post#8

Q: How do you reconcile being an extroverted type in MBTI but a (predominantly) introverted type in the enneagream?

A: It's kind of a constant push and pull. The dominant Fe pushes me to want to be around people and/or connect with them while the enneagram 5 wants to get awy from people and/or observe. I have always compared myself to a "social whale" because whales breath air but spend majority of their time in the ocean. That's pretty much my life. Ask anyone who knows me and they will call me "introverted" because if given the choice I'd rather have a quiet night at home left to my own devices rather than go out and socialize or party. However there comes a time when I will "come up for air" and want to go out or socialize. People who I meant during this time believe me to be extroverted and then I hit my limit and...disappear for a couple of months only to return like nothing happened. Needless to say, I've lost many friends this way lol

It took me awhile to notice this behavior but once I realized it came in waves it became more managable.

Post#12

Q: How do you relate to type 5 motivations e.g. avarice and the fear of engulfment? How do you understand omniscience through the lens of dominant Fe? What kind of grand answer in life is it that you seek? Where is this focus?

A: Yes avarice of knowledge is my thing. I hoard info. Like if I'm getting into a new show/video game I want to know everything (spoilers be damned) Like when I got into Guilty Gear I literally went on the wiki and read about every character in preparation for Guilty Gear Xrd's relaese. I did it with comics too. I loved Deadpool so I started buying all the collected editions of Deadpool and then I went and did the same for the X-Men starting with Stan Lee's run in the 1960s.

Whenever I feel like I'm going to be engulfed I dip. Even if it's something I enjoy. IT's happening with FF14 right now. Like I found a group that is willing to help me and because I feel like I can't go at my own pace (and my Fe makes me feel like a butt for wanting to play solo) I just stopped playing. It's stupid. I know. It is what it is.

Let's see omniscience thru the Fe lens? The more I know the more potential people I can help by sharing my knowledge. Not really looking for a specfica answer, just wanna see what's available to learn out there from whoever is teaching it.

Post#15

Q: What is your opinion about the viability Uzbek wheat and barley market in the coming years as compared to competing wheat and barley markets from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan?

A: No opinion since I am not informed on the topic.

Post#22

Q: Could it be that you are enfj 7 integrated into a five or are you starting to overuse your ti and ni to that it could be unhealthy

A: Why yes it could e that however for now I doubt it. The type 5 kind of buffs my Ti. Not to anything outragoues because I can't hold a candle to natural Ti users like INTP/ISTPs however compared to my inferior Ti brethen I have better control of it. I understand that having my own subjective opinion that goes against the group is not "the worst thing in the world" which is a lesson my friend taught me...playing video games...and talking shit about me. Valuable lesson.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts