Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an ENTP - A. I have done the test several times during the last year (since I descovered MBTI). Here are my scores: E: 97%, N: 63%, T: 88%, P: 97%, A: 100% In enneagram I am 7w8.

I am pretty by-the-book ENTP. Almost a charicature of the ENTP. It was obvious since I was a kid that I was Ne - dominant. It was obvious that I was one of the ENPs. I was very outgoing, friendly, excietable, CRAZY-enthusiastic, hyper. I was always up for something new. I was an obvious extravert. I was also an obvious intuitive, maybe it was visible more than anything: I had an imaginary friend, I was always interested in cartoons that had either animals or objects as main protagonists rather than people. It wasn't always, but most of the time. Here is a list of what I liked to watch: A Little Curious (HBO kids), I Spy (Nic Jr), Dragon Tales (PBS kids). I was always ahead of my generation. I am not bragging. I am just saying the truth. I tried to whiste as a 20 days old baby. I said my first word very early. I learned to walk very early. I new the alphabet as a 15 month old kid. It is CRAZY how unmaterialistic I was.
I was bi-lingual from an early age. I started to learn Germany as well. I had TONS of interest (Ne): I played the piano, did ballet, soccer, tennis, went to math competitions, I started writing poems since I was 6 and I published them when I was 10. As a little kid ALL I would do during the whole day is DAYDREAM. I lived in a totally fictional world (as I said, I think that my N scores were like 100% back then :) ). I would collect little things that I could find around the house and make "machines" out of it. I drew concepts for "time-traveling" machines and I invented my own "language and alphabet". I was reading an article about the ENTP kids, and these were all things THEY are likely to do.
I was always VERY enthusiastic in the beginning of projects. I also loved diversity and that is why I had all those extra-classes and hobbies. But I was VERY lazy and would lose interest QUICKLY. Let's say as soon as they begin to be serious. I was always so not-planned and spontanious. I was the DEFFINITION of a Perceiver. I was never an "expert" in any field, yet, I was VERY skilled in many feelds.

Long story short, when I was 7 I moved from USA to Europe and that is when my HELL begins. I was bullied at school, underrated, avoided, underappreciated, mistreated. Kids thought I was "weird". I had NO friends. It was such a cultural SHOCK for me. The teacher was neglecting me. My parents have left me. My grandparents were the ones taking care of me. Instead of incourageing me to be who I am and pursue the GREAT tallents that I had, they have told me that I was too different and that I should try to be "like the other kids". I was also physically abused by my uncle and all the things, all the toys that were my friends were talken away from me and given to his daughter, my cousin, who was the favorite in the family. I am shaking now as I am writing this. I am still crying.

All those things left an ENORMOUS mark on me. That is when I decided that I MUST PROVE THAT I AM WORTH SOMETHING. That is when I pulled all my strenght together and decided to GO ON EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE COMPETITION THERE IS IN SCHOOL, JUST SO I CAN PROVE THAT I WAS THE BEST! I wanted NUMBERS to prove that I am worth something, since nobody's words said that. I have changed completely as a person then. I was as disciplined as a Spartan. I was FOCUSED and dedicted WHICH IS NOT THE REAL ME. Anyway, that's when I started looking as a JUDGER. I was also told that I was introverted, which was INSANE. Ignorant people told me I was introverted because I didn't hae any friends....? I WANTED to have friends and I would invite them to parties, but they didn't want to come. It was so wicked and insane that the same people who were critisizing me for being to confident, open and extraverted when I was 7, were critisizing me for being "shy", reserved and introverted when I was 13.
Then, when I was a teenager, my mother started physically torturing me almost everyday and uncle as well. That was the HARDEST TIE IN MY LIFE.

That is when I said: "NO"! No to everything that held me back. I went to therapy and listened to Demi Lovato songs which LITERALLY saved my life! I said NO to the person they made me to be and the person that I started believing I actually was!!! I realised that ALL THE THINGS that made me different as a 7 year old are the same things that I still have! And they are the things I AM PROUD of now. "Friends" were still treating me the same as they did all these years, but it didn't matter anymore. I AM A PHOENIX! I am reborn. I don't care for them.
The Holly grail for me now is the fact that I am who I am , an ENTP :), and I should never change! I loe myself. I basically started living again the life that I left when I was 7 and left the USA.

I don't live with my bullies anymore (my so called faimilly) I am preparing for moving back to the USA and being independent. I am happy because of that. I have taken some RADICAL steps and I have sued those abusers for domestic violence. I am proud of myself that I am defending myself FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE.
I respect myself now. I don't compromise. I am tough, after all, my life had taught me that is the only way to survive. I don't negotiate. I am very vocal about how much a person must respect herself/himself and be who she/he is. I am a feminist and I am proud of that. I came out as bisexual and I am proud of that. There is no greater feeling than when a friend of ine tells me how much I have changed their life/ inspired them, because that what I wish I had when I was 7.
For all these things I seem to people like an ENTJ. I don't really mind, because I am ME now, but I have done the test recently and I was an ENTP, like always. I just don't think I am an ENTJ.
After all, they have NO function in common. ENTP (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si) and ENTJ (Te, Ni, Se, Fi).
Looking back at my childhood (before my hell began) I think that I was an ENFP (Ne, Fi, Te, Si). I think that Fi made sence because of how detatched I was to my imaginary friend, my toys, and just how rightful I was to everybody. I was somebody who would cry for ANY injustice if I would see in a movie or around me. I was also a little bossy and dominating (Te).

Ti and Fe perfectly make sence now. But is it possible that I was an ENFP when I was a kid, and that I am an ENTP now. Maybe I am an "unnatural" Thinker rather than Feeler now because I have learned to ignore my emotions over time?

Please tell me. What do YOU think I am: ENFP, ENTP or ENTJ.....?

Thank you so much for listening and I appreciate your time so much. I took A LOT of courage to share this with the world. Thank you,

Octopus1

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
Well, it is always hard to say anything about personality types without meeting a person but I would say that you don't sound like an ENFP. Why - because you say aloud that you are proud of yourself and you wanna share your story :) I think that it takes "Fe" to tell others about your problems. I am ENFP and I don't usually talk about being bullied or about anything bad that have happened to me in my life. Except if I meet someone who really really really wants to know. Why? Because I use my Ne or my Te to communicate with others. That's mean that I sound very -NT- :)

I have an ENTP friend and you remind me of her :) She has very strong Ti but she just doesn't show it so everybody think tha she is very idealistic (Ne) and dramatic person (Fe). So I would say that you are ENTP.

ENTJ? You would know if you were ENTJ ;) I am always described as ENFJ (or even ESTJ) but I just know that I am perceiving. I can use Fe and or Ni or even Se because I have learn to do that but it is not easy for me and I don't like it. We both have strong Ne so I think that we have learn to solve thing by changing our behavior. That's why other's may see us differently and we can use different functions.

I hope I didn't make too many misspellings :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much @Scarlet.Black. Thank you for your time and for encouraging me to stay brave and open. I know that Fi people don't talk about their emotions too much, and I respect that. However, when it comes to bulling, you really SHOULD talk about it because the bullies don't want that. If you are being bullied still, than you should definitely talk to your parents or teachers or even the school Principle. I don't know how old are you, and if you are still a student, but NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE you ALWAYS gotta stand for yourself. It may be really uncomfortable, but you just GOT to do it. Don't wait for others to protect you. You should protect yourself! I wish you all the best! :*
And, yes, I would deffinitely know if I was an ENTJ, but it is just weird for me, because I was REALLY competitive and I have always wanted to be a leader, even before the bullying, when I was a little kid. How do you explain that? :O
And also, I have to say (this definitely doesn't make me an ENTJ), but, I was REALLY sympathetic as a child. Sympathetic to poor people, to abused women and children (even before I was abused myself). I also had this thing where I treated objects and not-living objects like they have emotions. So, if somebody slammed the door I would feel bad for the door. I would cry if they tossed some furniture away... Is that just my Fe?

At the same time, it is weird, but I had fantasies of me torturing other people (mostly fictional chartoon characters) whom I had a crush on. (Maybe it was because I was watching my father beat up my mother, so I got the idea" that it is how lovers should be treated...?) I still have some questions, but I don't have enough time now, because I got to go.

Please reply to me! Thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
@Octopus1 my goodness, it did take a lot of courage to share that. I'm proud of you for being able to type that and put it online where everybody can see. You have EVERY right to be proud.

It's so sad how abusive your family and everyone around you were. Well, it is amazing how you overcame that and learned to stand up for yourself, you know? :proud:

But i guess people thought you were introverted and reserved because...well, it was a hard time for you, and it's not like you could just act like your bubbly Extraverted self at that time, right? Also, you as a child seems like more Ne and Fe to me - that emotional expression is just more Fe. Imaginary friends don't have to be just for Fi-users, either :)

I have a friend who went to a private school for most of her life, and she seems a bit like the way you were when you were a kid - having skills in many fields. She says that her talents come from the way she was taught there: They explored every student's creativity and didn't make them memorize stuff the way "normal" schools do. How were you taught in your childhood?

You definitely seem ENTP to me. I can feel your Ne and Fe in that whole novel you typed up there :wink: and also, i think you have more Ti than Fi.

Anyhow, it is absolutely amazing that you overcame your obstacles and found so much personal power. Keep on being proud! You deserve it! :proud::tongue::kitteh:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@MessyJessie103 you have NO idea how much your kind words mean to me. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU! You are I wonderful human being, I can see that. :* Thanks for your time, because it really is a NOVEL I wrote here... ;) Well, honestly, I wish that other people dont even have a "sentence" of what I have been threw... But I had a novel.

It is so nice to hear people like you, because there was this other site (not connected with personality types) that I also shared my experience with, and 80% of the comments were saying I was a coward?????!!! Well that is literally the most hilarious thing ever. If there is something I know is that I AM brave and I AM strong. I didn't choose those things to happen to me, and just because they did, they don't make me a coward. How I handled them was pretty badass and how I AM NOW and how I encourage others is motherf-in badass!!! I know that 4 sure! ;)

BTW, I gotta say that the first thing I noticed in your post are the emojis. I thought that must be someone who is Fe dom. because they make you even more expresive. Plus, my BFF is ESFJ, and you sounded like her. love ESFJs. :proud:

To answer your question on how I was taught in school: well I wasn't as lucky as your friend, although, I am sure that we equally deserved it. I didn't go to a school for kids with special talents. I went to a Eastern European school that has the rules lie it was 1930s... Enough said. :dry:

And, yes, I am SURE that I am an ENTP. I gotta say, your way of coming to that conclusion is VERY competent, unlike some people who thin I am a judger, just because I am strong and non-conformist and tough. That is very ignorant and stereotypical of them to say. After all, I have ALWAYS scored ENTP. Never ENFP, never ENTJ. But, I am just curious, what are the specific things that made you realise that I have Fe other than sharing my emotions and not being afraid to admit them? What is it from my childhood that says: "Fe"? It is true, I do have Fe, but I am just wondering what gave it away...:wink:?

Looking forward to your reply!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@MessyJessie103 you have NO idea how much your kind words mean to me. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU! You are I wonderful human being, I can see that. :* Thanks for your time, because it really is a NOVEL I wrote here... ;) Well, honestly, I wish that other people dont even have a "sentence" of what I have been threw... But I had a novel.

It is so nice to hear people like you, because there was this other site (not connected with personality types) that I also shared my experience with, and 80% of the comments were saying I was a coward?????!!! Well that is literally the most hilarious thing ever. If there is something I know is that I AM brave and I AM strong. I didn't choose those things to happen to me, and just because they did, they don't make me a coward. How I handled them was pretty badass and how I AM NOW and how I encourage others is motherf-in badass!!! I know that 4 sure! ;)

BTW, I gotta say that the first thing I noticed in your post are the emojis. I thought that must be someone who is Fe dom. because they make you even more expresive. Plus, my BFF is ESFJ, and you sounded like her. love ESFJs. :proud:

To answer your question on how I was taught in school: well I wasn't as lucky as your friend, although, I am sure that we equally deserved it. I didn't go to a school for kids with special talents. I went to a Eastern European school that has the rules lie it was 1930s... Enough said. :dry:

And, yes, I am SURE that I am an ENTP. I gotta say, your way of coming to that conclusion is VERY competent, unlike some people who thin I am a judger, just because I am strong and non-conformist and tough. That is very ignorant and stereotypical of them to say. After all, I have ALWAYS scored ENTP. Never ENFP, never ENTJ. But, I am just curious, what are the specific things that made you realise that I have Fe other than sharing my emotions and not being afraid to admit them? What is it from my childhood that says: "Fe"? It is true, I do have Fe, but I am just wondering what gave it away...:wink:?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Aw, thank you!!! What you said means sooo much to me, too, because you could inspire lots and lots of people to be proud and love themselves with your story. I can see that you're an amazing human being, too! At least you *had* a novel - you are stronger than your past and you've survived it, coming out better than you went in!

That is so stupid, whoever said that to you! They need to calm their asses down tbh :laughin: Like, it makes no sense whatsoever - what happened to you is not who you are. It trained who you are to make you stronger. It's great that you KNOW that, though. F*ck the haters! :laughing:

Loool yeah i love emojis, they express feelings much more easily than words do sometimes, haha. Aw thanks! It's so nice to hear someone say that :proud::tongue:

She went to a private school, which was REALLY expensive, so of course they explore each kid's individuality like that. Argh, that sucks. We're learning about early education in history :sad:

What i meant was more how you were raised before you moved to Europe, not school exactly. How did your family treat you then?

Thanks! :tongue: Being nonconformist is definitely a Perceiving thing, though. Apart from that, being tough could be for any type, right? Yeah, they shouldn't say you're ENTJ just because of that.

Fe...hmm, that would be your humanitarian side. Expressing your opinions and thoughts with social skills, using your experience to help and inspire others. The way you described yourself as a child - you didn't seem to have that much Te, your impersonal thoughts and concepts were more internal than external. However, i can see that you were always naturally outspoken about your personal values and feelings, and you still are :proud:

Btw, there's this website called typeinmind that gives really cool descriptions based purely upon how the cognitive functions are used in daily life by each type. Here's a part of the ENTP (NeTi) description that i think would explain your Ti:

Ti delights in finding the truth. If a particular argument seems to lack accuracy, Ti will screen it for flaws and make the NeTi aware of them.
You seem to be very delighted in finding truth in yourself and people/things around you. Also, i can tell that you wanted your "novel" above to be accurate in terms of the facts and sequence, so that could've been your Si backing up your Ti as well :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am an ENTP - A. I have done the test several times during the last year (since I descovered MBTI). Here are my scores: E: 97%, N: 63%, T: 88%, P: 97%, A: 100% In enneagram I am 7w8.
I don't trust any online tests. My first result was INTJ, but since I started studying the cognitive functions I can only laugh about this theory. Alone the fact that those tests only judge in the four preferences makes them implausible. In most cases an asnwer can't just be divided in "either Fe/Fi or Te/Ti".

I was very outgoing, friendly, excietable, CRAZY-enthusiastic, hyper.
So can be ENFPs and ESFPs.

I was always up for something new. I was an obvious extravert. I was also an obvious intuitive, maybe it was visible more than anything: I had an imaginary friend, I was always interested in cartoons that had either animals or objects as main protagonists rather than people.
This could also be an ENFP. Fi can be very strange. Some heavy Fi user dislike people in general and can find more affection towards animals or personalized objects.

It wasn't always, but most of the time. Here is a list of what I liked to watch: A Little Curious (HBO kids), I Spy (Nic Jr), Dragon Tales (PBS kids). I was always ahead of my generation. I am not bragging. I am just saying the truth. I tried to whiste as a 20 days old baby. I said my first word very early. I learned to walk very early. I new the alphabet as a 15 month old kid. It is CRAZY how unmaterialistic I was.
Appearently you're very gifted. Any type can be very gifted. While not every type may seem like an intellectual, I don't think that the IQ for example depends on personality types.

I was bi-lingual from an early age. I started to learn Germany as well. I had TONS of interest (Ne): I played the piano, did ballet, soccer, tennis, went to math competitions, I started writing poems since I was 6 and I published them when I was 10. As a little kid ALL I would do during the whole day is DAYDREAM. I lived in a totally fictional world (as I said, I think that my N scores were like 100% back then :) ). I would collect little things that I could find around the house and make "machines" out of it. I drew concepts for "time-traveling" machines and I invented my own "language and alphabet".
I'm scrapping the possibility that you can be an ESFP. This too much Ne. I can relate :)
But I wasn't all that active.

I was reading an article about the ENTP kids, and these were all things THEY are likely to do.
I was always VERY enthusiastic in the beginning of projects. I also loved diversity and that is why I had all those extra-classes and hobbies. But I was VERY lazy and would lose interest QUICKLY. Let's say as soon as they begin to be serious. I was always so not-planned and spontanious. I was the DEFFINITION of a Perceiver. I was never an "expert" in any field, yet, I was VERY skilled in many feelds.
This too speaks for heavy Ne and an inferior Si.

Long story short, when I was 7 I moved from USA to Europe and that is when my HELL begins. I was bullied at school, underrated, avoided, underappreciated, mistreated. Kids thought I was "weird". I had NO friends. It was such a cultural SHOCK for me. The teacher was neglecting me. My parents have left me. My grandparents were the ones taking care of me. Instead of incourageing me to be who I am and pursue the GREAT tallents that I had, they have told me that I was too different and that I should try to be "like the other kids". I was also physically abused by my uncle and all the things, all the toys that were my friends were talken away from me and given to his daughter, my cousin, who was the favorite in the family. I am shaking now as I am writing this. I am still crying.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Especially after "bonding" with your toys. I'm 26 years old and my cuddly toys are sitting in my office, watching out for me. I don't even want to imagine to have lost them to other kids.

All those things left an ENORMOUS mark on me. That is when I decided that I MUST PROVE THAT I AM WORTH SOMETHING. That is when I pulled all my strenght together and decided to GO ON EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE COMPETITION THERE IS IN SCHOOL, JUST SO I CAN PROVE THAT I WAS THE BEST! I wanted NUMBERS to prove that I am worth something, since nobody's words said that.
Things are getting squishy now, since you were kind of traumatized. Usually I'd say, this would display extroverted thinking. Not necessarily a strongly developed one, but it would look to me like it's in your stack. TE goes for external data. "How good am I? Well, let's see, what the numbers say". That's extroverted thinking and would make me think that you're rather an ENFP. But, like I said... you were traumatized. This can do things. Twist your personality, so it doesn't need to be true.

I have changed completely as a person then. I was as disciplined as a Spartan. I was FOCUSED and dedicted WHICH IS NOT THE REAL ME. Anyway, that's when I started looking as a JUDGER. I was also told that I was introverted, which was INSANE. Ignorant people told me I was introverted because I didn't hae any friends....? I WANTED to have friends and I would invite them to parties, but they didn't want to come. It was so wicked and insane that the same people who were critisizing me for being to confident, open and extraverted when I was 7, were critisizing me for being "shy", reserved and introverted when I was 13.
Then, when I was a teenager, my mother started physically torturing me almost everyday and uncle as well. That was the HARDEST TIE IN MY LIFE.
Shit... sorry, that sucks. I'm not good with comforting words, sorry. But I feel with you.

That is when I said: "NO"! No to everything that held me back. I went to therapy and listened to Demi Lovato songs which LITERALLY saved my life! I said NO to the person they made me to be and the person that I started believing I actually was!!! I realised that ALL THE THINGS that made me different as a 7 year old are the same things that I still have! And they are the things I AM PROUD of now. "Friends" were still treating me the same as they did all these years, but it didn't matter anymore. I AM A PHOENIX! I am reborn. I don't care for them.
The Holly grail for me now is the fact that I am who I am , an ENTP :), and I should never change! I loe myself. I basically started living again the life that I left when I was 7 and left the USA.
This is great to hear - I get the idea why people think that you're an ENTJ (which you're clearly not), but I still don't see, why you label yourself as an ENTP. It seems very likely, but to me, ENFP seems to be an option as well from the things I know about you to this point. I never counciously listened to demi lovato, though.

I don't live with my bullies anymore (my so called faimilly) I am preparing for moving back to the USA and being independent. I am happy because of that. I have taken some RADICAL steps and I have sued those abusers for domestic violence. I am proud of myself that I am defending myself FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE.
You go, girl. Suing those people seems to be the right call in my view. What's your plan now, exactly, with moving and being independent? I am working as a freelancer and it's cool, but not as freedom-ish as it may sound sometimes.

I respect myself now. I don't compromise. I am tough, after all, my life had taught me that is the only way to survive. I don't negotiate. I am very vocal about how much a person must respect herself/himself and be who she/he is. I am a feminist and I am proud of that. I came out as bisexual and I am proud of that. There is no greater feeling than when a friend of ine tells me how much I have changed their life/ inspired them, because that what I wish I had when I was 7.
It's good that you respect yourself now, that's healthy for anybody. "Not negotiating" doesn't seem like ENTP to me in general (since ENTPs are THE debaters ), but maybe I take this too literally. About the feminist thing, well, this depends. There are different streams. How do you see it? "Equal rights"? Yes, please, in both directions. "Men and women are the same" - not correct in my view. Not biological and correlation not psychological as well. And to be honest, I don't understand why people are "proud" to be homo/bisexual. I like whisky and I'm a huge Star Wars-fan, but I'm not "proud" of that. I just like it. Meh.

For all these things I seem to people like an ENTJ. I don't really mind, because I am ME now, but I have done the test recently and I was an ENTP, like always. I just don't think I am an ENTJ.
After all, they have NO function in common. ENTP (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si) and ENTJ (Te, Ni, Se, Fi).
Looking back at my childhood (before my hell began) I think that I was an ENFP (Ne, Fi, Te, Si). I think that Fi made sence because of how detatched I was to my imaginary friend, my toys, and just how rightful I was to everybody. I was somebody who would cry for ANY injustice if I would see in a movie or around me. I was also a little bossy and dominating (Te).
That was what I was seeing as well. More indicators for ENFP rather than ENTP.

Ti and Fe perfectly make sence now. But is it possible that I was an ENFP when I was a kid, and that I am an ENTP now. Maybe I am an "unnatural" Thinker rather than Feeler now because I have learned to ignore my emotions over time?

Please tell me. What do YOU think I am: ENFP, ENTP or ENTJ.....?
Right now? I'd say ENFP, for you didn't elaborate where you're Ti kicks in. But maybe I just need more information.

Thank you so much for listening and I appreciate your time so much. I took A LOT of courage to share this with the world.
Forums can have a therapeutic effect. So, that's good, I think... and you're welcome. If my thoughts were of any use. It sure was brave of you to share all of those intimate thoughts and facts.

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
Well, I am old now so I don't think about my past anymore ;) But I fought back quite hard and I finally won. I don't have any bitterness left anymore because I made my peace with past for a long time ago :) I don't say you have to forgive anyone or forget anything but if you think that it would help you - why not. I remember that also playing theather helped me to get over my agony. It was easier to try to be someone else when it felt natural. It felt so good to be someone else (whoever I decided to be) for a while that I determined to start over and start being someone else. We have no obligations to be victims or remember anything about the things that we didn't choose to have in our lives :)

I agree with EidolonAlpha: Try to make that Classic Jung Test so that you can see all your cognitive functions! :) It's better than MBTI test.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This seemed very Te to me.

But I don't know, you were traumatized, so I can't say for sure which function you use. I also went through some crappy stuff and wanted to prove myself. But I wanted to prove myself to others by trying my best and making them think I'm good. But I never trusted numbers. I just used it sometimes to make others look up on me, since that's how everyone judge people's greatness.

·
Registered
261 Posts
entp + 7W8 = Ne, Ti, Fe, Si + te
Everytime I think of the shadow functions theory, rather than flipping the functions, I'd still follow the E/I law.

For example, ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si (Te Ni Se Fi) rather than the common notion of Ni Te Fi Se as ENTPs shadow functions.

But I am not sure if she is more of a Ti or Te user.
If she is an ENTP then this Te that I see is most likely learned or nurtured by experience.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@wingedfriend I have done the test 101% honestly, and it scored (I think exactly like this) : E-97%, N-63%, T-88%, P: 97% A-100% (which was really rare and cool). I know myself the best, so ENTP is relevant.
Maybe I didn't ask the question as I should have. I wanted to ask why do I SEEm as an ENTJ to people, not "Am I an ENTJ?" You cannot judge somebody by how they behaved in their darkest times, that is when the shadows functions would be kinda visibe (like an INTJ), but again, people think I am an ENTJ...?
I know myself the best. I am the deffinition of Ne. My mind workd chaotically fast. I am cerebrally very quick, I am spontanious, great debater (excuse my grammar or spelling, English is not my first language :wink:), I am ALWAYS in a fictional world exploring possibilities. I am always thinking and analising different options (Ne-Ti), and I still can attack and deffend both sides of an argument (that's SO ENTP of me...:crazy:). All the "thinking" that I do is internal. I never discuss that with ppl. I am not the "typical boss who order people what to do" like a Te user would. I can be flexible, but I don't really admire that trait, and I can deffend the things I love and the things I am write about selflessly (Fe).

I think that people think that I have Te for this reason: I am VERY confident about my ideas (Ne), I have thought them threw, and checked that they "work" (strongly relying on me Ti) and then, Fe comes along, when I use my charms/maybe a little emotional manipulation to get things done. I almost ALWAYS need somebody else to do the executive part of the project. I am just not persistant and organized and dedicated enough (ENTP).
When people disagree with my ideas, that is a threat to my enthusiasm and then I deffend them with my eloquence in a great manner, as it is expected from an ENTP. I think that those "big fancy words" scare people off. What they don't know is that I am doing that effortlessly (ENTP), like a cat would play with a mouse, but what they see is that I am this dictator yelling smth in a foreign language and they just surrender and obey. I don't ORDERED that, that is just how I come across. That is probably why I am often mistyped as an ENTJ.

If I was really an ENTJ, I wouldn't need anybody else to get things done (Te dom). I wold be focused, dedicated, organised, serious, disciplined, megalomaniac (a little joke)...
But, no, I am not that! I am an ENTP and I am lazy, passive, scattered, live-in-the-clouds, messy, childish, never serious and thrill-seeker. And I love that.

Here is how I would explain my crazy Spartan discipline in Elementary school: I just simply developed periffery Si. It's not the Te dom. that "made" me do things in a certain way, it was this last straw, Si that was asleep all that time before. After all, perifery functions take charge when the previous three fail. It is like the last hope.
Si made me organized, docile, tamed, workaholic, reserved... Just imagine an ISFJ or ISTJ (Si dom).

Also, being an ENTJ would mean that I would have Fi periffery. That is SO not possible (I sound like Chandler Bing now, BTW! :laughing:) I have Fe tertiary, and very well developed, I would say. I wouldn't be eager to share my story here if I had Fi periffery. Fe is more like it. Even if it is tertiarry. I was always empathic, and one more thing that gives away weather somebody has Fe or Fi (ofcourse, it's harder here since neither one of them is dom or aux): the ppl with Fe are VERY expressive. They smile with their eyes. The mood they are in is visible on their face. They can't hide it (unfortunatelly :dry:) Their mood is connected to the mood of the people in the room. If everybody is happy/euphoric then it is "contagious" and Fe ppl just start feeling that way. It is not called conformism, it is just how we get energized. Also, Fe are in touch with other people emotions. They know exactly WHAT THEY SHOULD SAY to make a person feel good. Us, ENTPs, know how to take advantage of that and use it for a little emotional manipulation. :wink:.
This is also a fact: Fe users (especially tertairry or perifery) don't have moral values who are that strong. That doesn't make them villains. They can be good guys, but the reason they are good is not because: "That is morally right (Fi)", but for some other reason: because they need something, or that's simply how they are feeling that day.
I hope you know how Ti users are obssesed with "the ultimate truth" and the Ti-Fe combo can also make a good guy, because Ti explains why it is their logical responsibility to be " good".

Last reason that I am an ENTP, not an ENTJ:
because I sistematically and eloquently deffended my point, while yet analising both views. (both ENTPs and ENTJs are Rationals-Nts, but ENTJs debate style is more about power, while ENTPs are there for fun. ENTJs defending tactic is more agressive (Te being one of the reasons), and, if the discussion goes bad for them they take it REALLY personally-Fi perifery. And if the discussion goes bad for an ENTP, which is impossible :tongue:, we "digest" it with the Si, which will help us be better next time, since Si is all about learning from past experiences. Not only that, but ENTPs don't even care about the "labels" like "being better in a debate", so they will not get upset if they don't win. They can even explain to themselves that they are winners (Ne-Ti), even if that is formally not true. But, healthy ENTPs (which I am NOW), don't care for winning. After a debate we feel energized, we have expended our horizons and we have a DEBATEGASM, like I did just now! :wink: :angry: :crazy: :cool:)

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm not exactly sure, but my guess is that you're either Ne or Te dom, and whichever one is not in your stack is given off as an impression because of your Enneagram type (7w8). 7w8s always seem Ne-ish (even when they're Se, just a bit less so) or Te-ish, no matter what their functions actually are. This is a way in which MBTI cognitive functions and Enneagram motivations get mixed up, and it's difficult for anybody to differentiate the two. In a similar way, many Fi users who are social-first (especially 2s and 9s) in their Enneagram instinctual stacking seem to have Fe, but this impression isn't actually a function in their stack. Hope that makes sense.

I'm leaning ENTP, with you being a 7w8 making it seem like you have a lot of Te. It's possible that it's the other way around, but I don't see Ni, like, at all.

·
Registered
261 Posts
@wingedfriend I have done the test 101% honestly, and it scored (I think exactly like this) : E-97%, N-63%, T-88%, P: 97% A-100% (which was really rare and cool). I know myself the best, so ENTP is relevant.
Maybe I didn't ask the question as I should have. I wanted to ask why do I SEEm as an ENTJ to people, not "Am I an ENTJ?" You cannot judge somebody by how they behaved in their darkest times, that is when the shadows functions would be kinda visibe (like an INTJ), but again, people think I am an ENTJ...?
I know myself the best. I am the deffinition of Ne. My mind workd chaotically fast. I am cerebrally very quick, I am spontanious, great debater (excuse my grammar or spelling, English is not my first language :wink:), I am ALWAYS in a fictional world exploring possibilities. I am always thinking and analising different options (Ne-Ti), and I still can attack and deffend both sides of an argument (that's SO ENTP of me...:crazy:). All the "thinking" that I do is internal. I never discuss that with ppl. I am not the "typical boss who order people what to do" like a Te user would. I can be flexible, but I don't really admire that trait, and I can deffend the things I love and the things I am write about selflessly (Fe).

I think that people think that I have Te for this reason: I am VERY confident about my ideas (Ne), I have thought them threw, and checked that they "work" (strongly relying on me Ti) and then, Fe comes along, when I use my charms/maybe a little emotional manipulation to get things done. I almost ALWAYS need somebody else to do the executive part of the project. I am just not persistant and organized and dedicated enough (ENTP).
When people disagree with my ideas, that is a threat to my enthusiasm and then I deffend them with my eloquence in a great manner, as it is expected from an ENTP. I think that those "big fancy words" scare people off. What they don't know is that I am doing that effortlessly (ENTP), like a cat would play with a mouse, but what they see is that I am this dictator yelling smth in a foreign language and they just surrender and obey. I don't ORDERED that, that is just how I come across. That is probably why I am often mistyped as an ENTJ.

If I was really an ENTJ, I wouldn't need anybody else to get things done (Te dom). I wold be focused, dedicated, organised, serious, disciplined, megalomaniac (a little joke)...
But, no, I am not that! I am an ENTP and I am lazy, passive, scattered, live-in-the-clouds, messy, childish, never serious and thrill-seeker. And I love that.

Here is how I would explain my crazy Spartan discipline in Elementary school: I just simply developed periffery Si. It's not the Te dom. that "made" me do things in a certain way, it was this last straw, Si that was asleep all that time before. After all, perifery functions take charge when the previous three fail. It is like the last hope.
Si made me organized, docile, tamed, workaholic, reserved... Just imagine an ISFJ or ISTJ (Si dom).

Also, being an ENTJ would mean that I would have Fi periffery. That is SO not possible (I sound like Chandler Bing now, BTW! :laughing:) I have Fe tertiary, and very well developed, I would say. I wouldn't be eager to share my story here if I had Fi periffery. Fe is more like it. Even if it is tertiarry. I was always empathic, and one more thing that gives away weather somebody has Fe or Fi (ofcourse, it's harder here since neither one of them is dom or aux): the ppl with Fe are VERY expressive. They smile with their eyes. The mood they are in is visible on their face. They can't hide it (unfortunatelly :dry:) Their mood is connected to the mood of the people in the room. If everybody is happy/euphoric then it is "contagious" and Fe ppl just start feeling that way. It is not called conformism, it is just how we get energized. Also, Fe are in touch with other people emotions. They know exactly WHAT THEY SHOULD SAY to make a person feel good. Us, ENTPs, know how to take advantage of that and use it for a little emotional manipulation. :wink:.
This is also a fact: Fe users (especially tertairry or perifery) don't have moral values who are that strong. That doesn't make them villains. They can be good guys, but the reason they are good is not because: "That is morally right (Fi)", but for some other reason: because they need something, or that's simply how they are feeling that day.
I hope you know how Ti users are obssesed with "the ultimate truth" and the Ti-Fe combo can also make a good guy, because Ti explains why it is their logical responsibility to be " good".

Last reason that I am an ENTP, not an ENTJ:
because I sistematically and eloquently deffended my point, while yet analising both views. (both ENTPs and ENTJs are Rationals-Nts, but ENTJs debate style is more about power, while ENTPs are there for fun. ENTJs defending tactic is more agressive (Te being one of the reasons), and, if the discussion goes bad for them they take it REALLY personally-Fi perifery. And if the discussion goes bad for an ENTP, which is impossible :tongue:, we "digest" it with the Si, which will help us be better next time, since Si is all about learning from past experiences. Not only that, but ENTPs don't even care about the "labels" like "being better in a debate", so they will not get upset if they don't win. They can even explain to themselves that they are winners (Ne-Ti), even if that is formally not true. But, healthy ENTPs (which I am NOW), don't care for winning. After a debate we feel energized, we have expended our horizons and we have a DEBATEGASM, like I did just now! :wink: :angry: :crazy: :cool:)
My bad then. I should've been more clear with my post.
I didn't mean to say I think you're an ENTJ, but your thread and posts sounded much like a Te. I might be right, I might be wrong. But just like you said, we can't really type someone under stress or during their dark times, which I totally agree with.

I must also add that typing someone during their teenage years can also be a bit of a challenge since there are some times where we are still trying to figure out ourselves and we tend to experiment with different way of doing things. Especially when we grew up from a challenging childhood or a very strict and molded one (by our parents, teachers, etc.)
sometimes we think we are this kind of person, but then we realize we really are not.

I am not sure, maybe it's just me. But until now I'm still not 100% sure of my type. Well, no one is a 100% of a type anyway. It all depends on how you use your functions.
Afterall, figuring out your functions isn't really about the "What" but rather the "Why".

1 - 20 of 48 Posts