Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am an ENTP - A. I have done the test several times during the last year (since I descovered MBTI). Here are my scores: E: 97%, N: 63%, T: 88%, P: 97%, A: 100% In enneagram I am 7w8.

By itself, this means absolutely nothing. It is fairly widely agreed that the tests are useless.

I am pretty by-the-book ENTP. Almost a charicature of the ENTP. It was obvious since I was a kid that I was Ne - dominant. It was obvious that I was one of the ENPs. I was very outgoing, friendly, excietable, CRAZY-enthusiastic, hyper. I was always up for something new. I was an obvious extravert. I was also an obvious intuitive, maybe it was visible more than anything: I had an imaginary friend, I was always interested in cartoons that had either animals or objects as main protagonists rather than people. It wasn't always, but most of the time. Here is a list of what I liked to watch: A Little Curious (HBO kids), I Spy (Nic Jr), Dragon Tales (PBS kids). I was always ahead of my generation. I am not bragging. I am just saying the truth. I tried to whiste as a 20 days old baby. I said my first word very early. I learned to walk very early. I new the alphabet as a 15 month old kid. It is CRAZY how unmaterialistic I was.
Sounds like Extraversion in general, really. I could imagine Ne or Se acting in this way. What I do notice is that you seem very factual. There's no analysis in your statements, and this would incline me to the Te-Fi axis, though not necessarily Te-dominant. You've stated your reasoning, and as soon as others call you out on your logic, you seem to get very defensive, which makes me think you are a low-order Te. Basically, I think you're ExFP.

I was bi-lingual from an early age. I started to learn Germany as well. I had TONS of interest (Ne): I played the piano, did ballet, soccer, tennis, went to math competitions, I started writing poems since I was 6 and I published them when I was 10. As a little kid ALL I would do during the whole day is DAYDREAM. I lived in a totally fictional world (as I said, I think that my N scores were like 100% back then :) ). I would collect little things that I could find around the house and make "machines" out of it. I drew concepts for "time-traveling" machines and I invented my own "language and alphabet". I was reading an article about the ENTP kids, and these were all things THEY are likely to do.[/QUOTE]

Again, reading descriptions. No sign of any internal logic.

I feel more than inclined to type you ExFP at this stage. I'm not definite that you value Ne over Se.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
@Octopus1 You don't show any Te-Fi, honestly. Your openness about your experiences is more Fe like, you say things as they were, as you felt them, a Fi user (especially a Te-dom) would avoid discussing their feelings so in-depth. They would stick to hard cold emotionless facts. Something like "I was abused which made me very driven to prove myself". What you wrote is full of your own emotions.

Another thing I noticed, is loads and LOADS of Ne. You're a book example of a Ne-dom. I don't know why you would question your type. The whole post and writing style breathes Ne.

As for Ti, I feel like it shows in your coping mechanism. The decision to be successful and achieve a lot seems like a Ti overanalysing and very subjective/personal logic. I don't see any outside connection between what you were going through and that decision which means it had to happen internally. Sure, when people are traumatised their functions become skewed but they don't change. And that conclusion isn't something a Te-dom or Te-aux would make. Not to mention that you don't show strong Fi.

All in all, I don't understand why you doubt being ENTP.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
@Octopus1 You don't show any Te-Fi, honestly. Your openness about your experiences is more Fe like, you say things as they were, as you felt them, a Fi user (especially a Te-dom) would avoid discussing their feelings so in-depth. They would stick to hard cold emotionless facts. Something like "I was abused which made me very driven to prove myself". What you wrote is full of your own emotions.

Another thing I noticed, is loads and LOADS of Ne. You're a book example of a Ne-dom. I don't know why you would question your type. The whole post and writing style breathes Ne.

As for Ti, I feel like it shows in your coping mechanism. The decision to be successful and achieve a lot seems like a Ti overanalysing and very subjective/personal logic. I don't see any outside connection between what you were going through and that decision which means it had to happen internally. Sure, when people are traumatised their functions become skewed but they don't change. And that conclusion isn't something a Te-dom or Te-aux would make. Not to mention that you don't show strong Fi.

All in all, I don't understand why you doubt being ENTP.
What is Ne about her post? Her wanting to be the best and needing to prove others that she is worth something sounds Se

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
What is Ne about her post? Her wanting to be the best and needing to prove others that she is worth something sounds Se
That has nothing to do with cognition. Even ESFJ can have the desire to prove themselves and I know Se-doms who don't care about that at all and just want to enjoy life as it is.

As for Ne, she enjoys new things, has lots and lots of hobbies, is very imaginative (imaginary friend), full of ideas (drew concepts of time-traveling, invented her own language), sees lots of possibilities (the things she can succeed in to feel appreciated), finds the idea of starting new things more exciting than finishing them, not following through with any hobbies and prefers to know many than master a single one (clear Ne > Ni), as for posting style; her story is all over the place rather than follow a single path and structure (Ne > Ni), she combines things that seemingly have no connection (therapy and listening to Demi Lovato - inferior Si, own perception of objects), combines multiple different writing styles ("That is when I said: "NO"! No to everything that held me back." - direct speech turn to semi-direct for no reason whatsoever) and switches between caps and normal size very often.

There is an overall sense of chaos from her writing style. Ni would be more focused on making it structures, consistent and straightforward. She goes from talking about her past to talking about ENTPs to talking about how she feels currently to bunch of other things with no transition.

Not to mention that a Se-dom or a Se-aux would want to make it look as nice as possible and have a certain style. Style and is very important for high Se users. However, her way of writing simply seems as if she was just expressing herself by brainstorming whatever occurs to her at that point. Which shows Ne-Fe. Ne-Fi would be WAY more selective in expressing emotions (especially Fi-aux) and Se wouldn't be all over the place like this. What we saw were her raw emotions written down in a brainstorming kind of way.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That has nothing to do with cognition. Even ESFJ can have the desire to prove themselves and I know Se-doms who don't care about that at all and just want to enjoy life as it is.

As for Ne, she enjoys new things, has lots and lots of hobbies, is very imaginative (imaginary friend), full of ideas (drew concepts of time-traveling, invented her own language), sees lots of possibilities (the things she can succeed in to feel appreciated), finds the idea of starting new things more exciting than finishing them, not following through with any hobbies and prefers to know many than master a single one (clear Ne > Ni), as for posting style; her story is all over the place rather than follow a single path and structure (Ne > Ni), she combines things that seemingly have no connection (therapy and listening to Demi Lovato - inferior Si, own perception of objects), combines multiple different writing styles ("That is when I said: "NO"! No to everything that held me back." - direct speech turn to semi-direct for no reason whatsoever) and switches between caps and normal size very often.

There is an overall sense of chaos from her writing style. Ni would be more focused on making it structures, consistent and straightforward. She goes from talking about her past to talking about ENTPs to talking about how she feels currently to bunch of other things with no transition.

Not to mention that a Se-dom or a Se-aux would want to make it look as nice as possible and have a certain style. Style and is very important for high Se users. However, her way of writing simply seems as if she was just expressing herself by brainstorming whatever occurs to her at that point. Which shows Ne-Fe. Ne-Fi would be WAY more selective in expressing emotions (especially Fi-aux) and Se wouldn't be all over the place like this. What we saw were her raw emotions written down in a brainstorming kind of way.
I disagree with this, apart from that the Se argument stated is a little flawed.

I believe Fi can be expressive about their emotions if they wish. The real difference between Fe and Fi is that an Fe rationalizes the way they feel in an external manner, and compare their emotions relative to others. Fi won't do it, because the emotions of others don't matter, at least as far as generating their own feelings are concerned.

Also, caring about style seems like a rational function, not Se. Se-Fi in particular, I doubt would give a damn.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I believe Fi can be expressive about their emotions if they wish. The real difference between Fe and Fi is that an Fe rationalizes the way they feel in an external manner, and compare their emotions relative to others. Fi won't do it, because the emotions of others don't matter, at least as far as generating their own feelings are concerned.
There is a difference between Fi and Fe expressing emotions. Fi does so on purpose and selectively. Fe wants to express everything because that's how it copes. As I mentioned above, that post was full of raw emotions of all kinds, not just handpicked what to express. That's much more Fe than Fi.

Also, caring about style seems like a rational function, not Se. Se-Fi in particular, I doubt would give a damn.
Based on what? Se cares about things looking good, including the user. All ESFPs I know dress really well and their talking style is like a signature. But they do this on purpose to fit their own likes. They want to be unique (Fi). Their values are very important to them and combining it with Se, which is a function that focuses on senses, they want to express themselves in a way they would like to be perceived.

As for your "I disagree", that's very descriptive of what you find wrong with my conclusions.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
There is a difference between Fi and Fe expressing emotions. Fi does so on purpose and selectively. Fe wants to express everything because that's how it copes. As I mentioned above, that post was full of raw emotions of all kinds, not just handpicked what to express. That's much more Fe than Fi.

Based on what? Se cares about things looking good, including the user. All ESFPs I know dress really well and their talking style is like a signature. But they do this on purpose to fit their own likes. They want to be unique (Fi). Their values are very important to them and combining it with Se, which is a function that focuses on senses, they want to express themselves in a way they would like to be perceived.

As for your "I disagree", that's very descriptive of what you find wrong with my conclusions.
The ESTPs i know dont really care about how they look. And Fi is not wanting to be unique, its more like they dont care as much what others think or like that theyre not as aware of it. Having strong values does not equal wanting to be unique.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

As for my "I disagree", yes, that's very descriptive, isn't it?

More than anything, I wish to hear from the OP. I stand by an ENFP typing, but I could be re-convinced if there is an element of devil's advocacy in this thread.

Maybe, there is something in the whole, "Fe wants to express everything because that's how it copes". However, that in itself does not explain the way Fe inherently works, which is why I always question (in my head or in the outside world) people who use that reasoning to justify Fe.

In essence, Fe is based around the community. It is based on upholding other people's ethical systems, because the whole world is one massive community and everyone's ideas have come from somewhere. And maybe, that means that an Fe has everything they feel placed in an external source, and thus they must express everything because otherwise they feel lost.

Is that what the OP is really doing, though? I'd like to read it again and see if I continue perceiving ENFP.

I think we can agree however that the OP is not an ENTJ. There's nothing whatsoever that points to Te-dominance.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The ESTPs i know dont really care about how they look. And Fi is not wanting to be unique, its more like they dont care as much what others think or like that theyre not as aware of it. Having strong values does not equal wanting to be unique.
This is exactly what I meant, I admit my formulation was wrong. Fe wants to be liked, Fi doesn't care, it follows its own values. Fe adapts to society, Fi walks its own path. And that makes the users look/act in a unique way. Because they don't focus on fitting in.

As for style I don't mean that strictly in the visual sense but also the way they talk, portray themselves etc.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
As for my "I disagree", yes, that's very descriptive, isn't it?

More than anything, I wish to hear from the OP. I stand by an ENFP typing, but I could be re-convinced if there is an element of devil's advocacy in this thread.

Maybe, there is something in the whole, "Fe wants to express everything because that's how it copes". However, that in itself does not explain the way Fe inherently works, which is why I always question (in my head or in the outside world) people who use that reasoning to justify Fe.

In essence, Fe is based around the community. It is based on upholding other people's ethical systems, because the whole world is one massive community and everyone's ideas have come from somewhere. And maybe, that means that an Fe has everything they feel placed in an external source, and thus they must express everything because otherwise they feel lost.

Is that what the OP is really doing, though? I'd like to read it again and see if I continue perceiving ENFP.

I think we can agree however that the OP is not an ENTJ. There's nothing whatsoever that points to Te-dominance.
I see your point and I can agree with it. It all depends on how you perceive the post or rather, why the OP formed it the way she did.

(Sorry for double post, I accidentally posted it instead of editing and copy-pasting.)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Doesn't Ti want to find the exact right words to express themselves and in as few words as possible? What she wrote is a wall of text and i dont see what makes her a thinker
For an ENTP, Ti is secondary to Ne and some sort of advisory function. So, they will primarily focus on ideas and possibilities that they analyse with Ti. Besides, every function can be expressed in multiple ways because the way you express it isn't cognition. For Ti, it's internal logic. As for a function that works subjectively, you can't expect it to behave exactly the same way in every person who uses it.

Just because Ti users often talk that way, it's not a sign someone is/isn't using Ti. Even if you had multiple examples of behaviour of a function, the cognition of that person can be completely different. Not to mention that chatting on a forum and talking in person are completely different things.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
@Prada I never though I would say this, but GOD you've explained it INCREDIBLY well. There is no doubt about the Ne, so I am not gonna discuss about it, since my posts and your explenations ARE enough to prove it. :wink:

However, let's talk about the Fe (ENTP) and Fi (ENFP) situation.
First of all, @Lord Fudgingsley said that he can't find enough of a "devil's advocate" in my posts. He may be right. Why? Because all I did in this thread was EXPRESSING my emotions. That was the main reason I even started it. I am not showing off my wide range of ENTP-ish things (objectivity, being, unbiased, being a devil's advocate, being sly etc), I am mainly focusing on emotions here. F as in Feelings.

Now, ofcourse, both Thinkers and Feelers have some kind of feelings they are using and that's what we are discussing here. We can realize that I am an ENTP, not an ENFP in another way, by comparing T-aux and Te-tert, but I haven't showed my THINKING STYLE in this thread as much as my FEELING STYLE.
That doesn't necessarily make me an ENFP, just that emotions are what I was mainly talking about here.

Being an ENTP, my external functions are what I communicate with and what is the "outer" layer of my persona. That would be Ne and Fe. Again, Ne is clear, so I am not gonna talk about that. With Fe being my tertiary function, you have to keep in mind that it's not visible ALL the time, so don't expect me too be as touchy-feely and "awwwwing" like an ESFJ or ENFJ. Like every other type, when I deal with problems, I try to solve them with my dominant function first. Ne - I try to think of an idea to save the day. If that fails, Ti jumps in with analysing and rationalizing things. Most of the time this works. But if it doesn't, I seek help from others (Fe).
I have absolutely NO problem expressing what I feel (Fe), but the thing is I don't express myself THAT often, because I don't feel strong emotions VERY often, with an exception of the torture I went threw. After all I am a thinker and the Fe is my tertiary function, but I would say that it is developed really strongly. Especially after all this happened. I feel STRONG sympathy for people that are going threw the same things I went threw. I always had that, but now, it is STRONGER then ever, too that point, where a person asked me if I was an ESFJ... (Whut...? LOL)

I am known in my group of friends or "friends" to be the one that is a great-advice giver. And my advice is pretty much in the form of Ne-Ti, where I come up with a "method" to help my friend get over something, and then I just say aloud how my Ti analizes it and how it explaines why that method works. Friends with Ti understand that, but some of them who are strong feelers can't justify my methods and then I have to reach out to them with my Fe, maybe even manipulate with it to help them.

Here is an example: My INFP friend was heartbroken that her boyfriend cheated on her. I can't imagine somebody else being more hurt about those kinda things than an FI dom. She loved him and he was a COMPLETE jerk. She asked me for help.
I said to her how he did her a favor, because she now has time for herself, to really find out who she is and to start living life to the fullest. I was already listing all the things that we can do and places we can go (Ne), but she kept saying: "But how can I get over him. I still loe him?" (Fi). Then I started using my Ti explaining how easy it can be to just turn the love "off". "He did this, which means that he thinks that, he disrespected you, and the only logical thing you have to do is to RESPECT yourself, be less sentimental (I am obvy not a feeler), and do the things YOU want to do. You are not his property. You are YOU with or without him and stop thinking how all that made you worth is him. Let's write down the list of the things that make you awesome and let's go elaborate on each one (Ne-Ti).
She still wasn't feeling me. Then, I said, it's time to use the Fe. I know, I manipulated, but in order to help her! My over-exaggerated touchy-feeliness and words like "I understand you", "I am there for you" (which I am) and "honey" reflected into her Fi dom as the feeling of being wanted and appreciated and protected for who she IS. Which made her feel great.
It was hard for me, because I unveiled my "devilsh" and unsentimental thinking process, which I don't do often (Ti) and it felt like just a foreign language to her. NO wonder since she can't relate to that AT ALL (INFP - Fi, Ne, Si, Te).

Anyway, my point is that an ENFP would never do the things I did, because the Fi-Te would be different. The Fi would talk about "ethic and moral code", and if that didn't help her, Te would become just bossy and super uncomfortable to an INFP.
I used Ti-Fe where I analized and justified in a logical and rational manner what is it that I have to do to make her happy. Once I realized that, I projected the logic via emotions (Fe), so that she can feel conformed and secure. I have read somewhere (I am not gonna explain the hypothesis now function by function) that ENTPs are, more than any other type, capable of seeing things from a perspectie other than their ones. That's the "devil's advocate" right there. So it felt like I went into her mind and heart, scanned everything, came back to my mind, decoded it (Ti) and used my "weapons" (Fe) to achieve what I wanted.

This you couldn't know, because you don't know me personally , but, like other Fe users, ppl can read my emotions from my face. I am TOTALLY incapable of controlling my laughter, especially, if I see others laughing (Fe Fe Fe). The same thing when I have a frown. It feels like my face is frozen, I cannot fake it from the outside. So, basically, faces of Fe users are very expressive (not to mention my infamous gestures and hand movement while talking, so Ti-Fe), while ENFPs face isn't that expressive because of the Fi auxiliary.
Of course, ENFPs are more emotional then ENTPs (in normal circumstances, which this is not), by definitions. They are feelers, and their feeling (no matter that it's internal) is auxiliary, and ENTPs feeling is tertiary, which means that it is being "called for help" less often, but when it is, it is more obvious than Fi auxiliary.

Just in general, being a Rationalist (NT) my temperament is very cool and composed, so even if somebody insults me, I am not going to be shaken to the very core like an Diplomat (NF) would, and my response wouldn't be "that is not very nice", "don't you think about other people's feelings when you say stuff like that", but my response would be a sharp, intellectual-like, quick-witted remark. I can't help it. It is just an impulse being an ENTP. It is almost as if I had prepared a line. That is probably because I hae already figured out the person I am talking to, I "wen to their mind and heart", as I said earlier, I saw what's it like there, and I discovered their soft spots, just in case they become rude... :wink: THat is just Ne-Ti talking there.

My talking style is usually very non-sentimental and abstract and aloof (Ne-Ti), but when the circumstances are healthy. When I face what I faced, my speech becomes more dramatic, visuall and emotionally-manipulative (Fe) if needed.
But, when I am happy and contained and when I talk to somebody who is really captivating in a verbal way, I am at my best.

For example, my Latin language teacher is either an ENTP or INTP, probably ENTP, since her Fe is definitely not perifery, because she is very charming. There is no other person that I now whom I can talk with about ANYTHING (from The Beatles, to soccer, astronomy, politics, lifestye, art, cooking...) like her. When we talk, the Ne just unleashes and the whole class just stops talking and they listen to us. Some say we are too random and they have just started listening to us about one topic, when we change it to another one. Anyway, we sound like two Jon Stewarts in the room. :crazy: :crazy:

And for a SJ dominant world, and just, Sensing, in general, it sounds like we are crazy. I have had friends come up to me saying: "OMG, why did you and Mrs Mila argue like that" and I was like: "Argue? What are you talking about. We just had different opinions that we unbiasedly talked about." After "arguments" we shake hands and go to lunch and act like BFFs, which people cannot understand. That is because we don't have any Fi, which means that our "morals" aren't violated by that person having a different opinion, becuase Ti is what we used. Her Ti works like that, my Ti works like this. They are both valid. I guess that ppl are affraid of the Fe, that's what they find scary and drama-like. But for me, Fe is like air. Especially in ENTps. It's not consistent, it is thin and it has no meaning (in arguments, at least) other than fun fake-drama, so that we will be more entertaining.

The Fe is what we use to be the unconventional teacher and student when we laugh at lunch talking about our favorite nostalgic songs from 2001 (Si). LOL :crazy: :wink: :crazy:

I wrote a novel here, but I would appreciate that if you read it, because there are examples from real life that prove my Ti-Fe mechanism, as well as my "interpretation" of them.

Thank you so much people! Love you!!! (See, Fe! :laughing:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Haha you had me laughing so hard! What Ti do you expect to see in my "autobiography"? I am not explaining anything here. I am just introducing myself to you by mentioning all the hobbies I participated in (Ne).
You can't expect any functions to show off in the FORM of autobiography of anybody, since it is an universal pattern of how they look like.
The place where you can analize my cognitive functions is what my autobiography CONSISTS of, and, especially, my THINKING style, which @Prada explained perfectly.

Haha. So here's an example: "I am Mark. I am 30. I was born in NYC, but I live in LA and I am an entertainer. I like performing and singing in front of people. It feels like I was born for the stage". So you would say that he is Si dom. or just "factual" because he stated facts of his life? You can't be serious. You didn't even get to see how his mind works, his thinking, his feeling. You didn't listen to the other things that he said that make him an obvious ESFP (ofcourse, I am being very stereotypical here, but it was an joe example).

So you ignored that I said:" I had tones of hobbies, I was bilingual, I played tennis, did ballet etc (Ne)". You got bothered by the fact that I have stated it "factually". Well, how do you want me to state facts about me? In form of a riddle or a puzzle or a poem, as expected from a Ne dom. :crazy:.

And, no, I don't become "deffensive" when people disagree with my logic. I just REACT to people who ATTACK my logic without stating their own. You can't just say: "I disagree". And here we go again with the false stereotype of ENTPs being argumentative. What we call expressing our logic (Ti-logic, Fe-expressing), you get scared off by the Fe and think that we took it personally. That is not true. We are just very, VERY capable of explaining what we stand for. #entpproblems #sarcasm
@Lord Fudgingsley

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Allow me to start by stating this post has changed my mind. I do actually see some potential Ti-indicators now.

Haha you had me laughing so hard! What Ti do you expect to see in my "autobiography"? I am not explaining anything here. I am just introducing myself to you by mentioning all the hobbies I participated in (Ne).
You can't expect any functions to show off in the FORM of autobiography of anybody, since it is an universal pattern of how they look like.
The place where you can analize my cognitive functions is what my autobiography CONSISTS of, and, especially, my THINKING style, which @Prada explained perfectly.
You arranged them in the style of a list. That's a thinking function right there, not Ne. Furthermore, Se can just as easily be hobby obsessed. And "what" interests you is absolutely wrong. It's "why" these things interest you, that's what's important.

Haha. So here's an example: "I am Mark. I am 30. I was born in NYC, but I live in LA and I am an entertainer. I like performing and singing in front of people. It feels like I was born for the stage". So you would say that he is Si dom. or just "factual" because he stated facts of his life? You can't be serious. You didn't even get to see how his mind works, his thinking, his feeling. You didn't listen to the other things that he said that make him an obvious ESFP (ofcourse, I am being very stereotypical here, but it was an joe example).
Absolutely massive contradiction in your logic here. You said above that what justifies you as an ENTP is the things that interest you? Now you've completely 180'd on your own agreement, stating that it's how his mind works that's important. What interests you is connected to how your mind works, but you are changing your mind on which one is more crucial to how typology works.

By the way, Mark's reasoning is not factual. The statement "It feels like I was born for the stage" sounds more Ni than Si to me. It could potentially have Si reasoning, admittedly. But certainly, there is some kind of internal perception at work there.

So you ignored that I said:" I had tones of hobbies, I was bilingual, I played tennis, did ballet etc (Ne)". You got bothered by the fact that I have stated it "factually". Well, how do you want me to state facts about me? In form of a riddle or a puzzle or a poem, as expected from a Ne dom. :crazy:.
Not following you here. What aspect of all the hobbies points to Ne at all? In fact, Ne doesn't even focus on what it is experiencing. You thrust an Ne user into a physical experience, such as the ones you describe, and they will be more interested in what they are not seeing than what they are seeing, because their sense of reality is warped by the subjective function Si.

And, no, I don't become "deffensive" when people disagree with my logic. I just REACT to people who ATTACK my logic without stating their own. You can't just say: "I disagree". And here we go again with the false stereotype of ENTPs being argumentative. What we call expressing our logic (Ti-logic, Fe-expressing), you get scared off by the Fe and think that we took it personally. That is not true. We are just very, VERY capable of explaining what we stand for. #entpproblems #sarcasm
@Lord Fudgingsley

Are us xNTPs really very capable of explaining what we stand for? Ti is completely removed from any kind of reality. As such, its reasoning is incredibly intangible and people struggle to understand it. In fairness I imagine that with Tertiary Fe, ENTPs will generally feel better able to communicate.

There is one thing that seriously baffles me. As I mentioned above, you've agreed with Prada to continue stating your case as an ENTP, and contradicted her reasoning in your argument against me. Why would you do that?

It is quite simple, and extremely thinly veiled. You really want to be an ENTP. There is something about your idea of what an ENTP is that makes you wish you were that, and an extreme desire for recognition as one.

What is the ENTP? It's an archetype. You've read ENTP descriptions, of this fictional character who may or may not be in any way realistic. By extension, it is something purely intangible. It is an attribute that I associate with unhealthy Si, and in the vast majority of cases, Fe - because the nature of Fe is such that it values "specific traits". I would expect Fi to consider the very idea of becoming an archetype absolutely absurd, because what does this idea of an ideal person have to do with them?

I seriously think you're an ESFJ in denial. A VERY unhealthy ENTP is at this point the only other thing I'll consider, but there's not a shred of analysis in your writing. You don't even seem to care about what logic you're actually using, just as long as it tallies with what you want to hear. It's extremely distorted and unhealthy.

·
Registered
261 Posts

It is quite simple, and extremely thinly veiled. You really want to be an ENTP. There is something about your idea of what an ENTP is that makes you wish you were that, and an extreme desire for recognition as one.

My exact same thoughts.

@Octopus1 one thing that showed indicators of dishonest logic is how you immediately agree on a post when they support your "ENTPness" and become aggressive and defensive towards someone with a different opinion. Obviously, everyone is like that when it comes to debates, but is this a debate? Maybe, since your thread title is about how annoyed you are when people think you're an ENTJ and not an ENTP. But I would've thought that your main goal should be to figure out your type and not just "prove" your an ENTP. That's not how you should approach typology. You don't prove that you're a certain type. A certain type proves why you are what you are, not what you are.

I won't read all your posts because I just don't have the time, and I probably wouldn't even want to, sorry lol. Therefore, I can't share my own opinion about your type. But I would suggest you to try to be more impartial and objective here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
You people obviously don't read the title. I never asked wheather I am an ENTP or not. I know that I am. What I asked was why do people THINK I am not an ENTP.
Another thing: you said I shouldn't PROVE that I am an ENTP, but I should figure it out. I did figure it out. I have done both 16 personality types test and Jungian test and I have scored ENTP (very highly) both times.
I did FIGURE OUT my type, but I also PROVED it. I understand why you don't like PROVING something because you can't to that, yourself, but it's not a problem when it comes to me. Besides, I wouldn't call that "proving", I am ust stating the facts: what makes me an ENTP.

"You really want to be an ENTP".... :laughing: Haha, I REALLY want the truth! And the truth is that I am an ENTP.

If you can't explain why do you THINK PEOPLE CONFUSE ME FOR AN ENTJ OR ENFP, then you totally missed the subject here. It is no doubt that I am an ENTP. I am just curious what is that that makes me come off as an ENTJ or ENFP. Just an ENTP being curious.
@wingedfriend @Lord Fudgingsley @Prada

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You people obviously don't read the title. I never asked wheather I am an ENTP or not. I know that I am. What I asked was why do people THINK I am not an ENTP.
Another thing: you said I shouldn't PROVE that I am an ENTP, but I should figure it out. I did figure it out. I have done both 16 personality types test and Jungian test and I have scored ENTP (very highly) both times.
I did FIGURE OUT my type, but I also PROVED it. I understand why you don't like PROVING something because you can't to that, yourself, but it's not a problem when it comes to me. Besides, I wouldn't call that "proving", I am ust stating the facts: what makes me an ENTP.

"You really want to be an ENTP".... :laughing: Haha, I REALLY want the truth! And the truth is that I am an ENTP.

If you can't explain why do you THINK PEOPLE CONFUSE ME FOR AN ENTJ OR ENFP, then you totally missed the subject here. It is no doubt that I am an ENTP. I am just curious what is that that makes me come off as an ENTJ or ENFP. Just an ENTP being curious.
@wingedfriend @Lord Fudgingsley @Prada
Absolutely no way in hell are you a strong Ti-type. You figured out your type via a TEST? You haven't expressed an ounce of inner logic and understanding. Not in your posts on this thread, nor on your means of deciphering type.

I see the denial is strong with this one.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts