Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well. as many of you know.. i have quite a lot going on in my life.. those who have been following the situation with my ex.. he told me (and many of my friends behind my back also!!) that he wished he neverr met me and that im just a horrible person. but that isnt the point... the point here is that i havnt told anyone anything for a very long time.. i make breif small talk. nothing ever more than that anymore... the thing is that i dont have time and i hate how emotionally drained i feel but most of all, i fear being anybody's burden. what should i do.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Heap it on us, and if we aren't willing to carry part of your burden when you are overwhelmed, it is because we are bad, not because you are.

I just got dumped by my best friend for "being a burden." He said he never really cared about me, and was only nice to me because he felt guilted into pretending he did. It seems like what you need right now is someone who won't be like that. Sharing our problems, being willfully vulnerable, should be treated as a valuable gift to the person we open up to. I think it is perfectly valid for people to need each other without being rejected. If you want someone to talk to, I'm here, and I would feel honored.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
it's irrarrtional tihk you'd be someone's burden form whati've seen of you all you ever do is help and help-if anything people should be doing more for you

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hanks that really helps:) i know i have people that can help me. but i dont know who is faking it and who is sincere.. ur best friend was stupid. ur much better without them. i just had a total breakdown and that hasnt happened for a long time.. so many things just go on. my family issues. friends. just people in general. i DID finally get a job!! people from my past are like haunting me right now.. just all the memories.. blah. (haha i just read a cool quote "everyone is unique. just like everyone else" haha) anyhoo. heres a song you should listen to.. hmm. it wont let me link it.. but its called konstantine by something corporate it just makes me cry and feel so overwhelmed (it feels so good to let myself feel overwhelmed.) and idk i feel like its a gread INFP song.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'm listening to the song you recommended right now.

Music is good for dealing with intense feelings. Another thing that sometimes works is doing randomly expressive art, not to show anyone or to communicate anything, but just to represent the feelings concretely. Writing can also help.

Here's another pretty song that you might like when you are feeling down.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That's really harsh. I can understand you having trust issues at the moment. With time things will become clearer and you will most likely realize that your friends are the same people they always were and that they probably never meant to hurt you. At a time like this I would probably open up to my mother, that always works :wink: maybe you have someone like that to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well, I'm a catholic so this is a part of my conversation with God recently:

God: *Kick me rolling down the hill*
Me: Why, God? WHY???
God: New task. It's gonna be bigger, so don't you dare to look back!*drops down a gigantic mountain*
Me: But-
God: deal with it, it's for your own sake. I'll take care the rest
Me: oh well..

moral message: God kicks you from top of the hill so He can gives you a mountain to climb :tongue:

It's a challenge, you might feel down and incapable of doing it, but believe me, it will be over in a blink of an eye, and every hard time you had before will felt like just a dream.

Life goes on with or without him or her or whatever
it's about you and I believe you'll find your own place in this world, you'll succeed and what lies ahead is what matters..
Don't feel discouraged, just believe...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, that wasn't nice at all.

First, you should rant here. All you need to. I know you don't know ME at all personally (especially being that I'm newby!) but I've been there, I have, truly.

It hurts way more than you feel you can explain, I understand... All those damn consequence branches from the trunk of the initial problems in your mind. It's hard: But talk to us, take from us the general NF love :D. You aren't alone, even though you may feel lonely right now. You aren't unwanted by everyone, not even close, don't let these few cruel people who have hurt you make you think otherwise.

Second: Just give it time. Until then, have a shoulder <3 Most of all, don't convince yourself you're a burden.

Third: ...Or just kill him as stated above. Not really though. Not even worth the prison time, to be honest. :dry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts