Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been dating for a couple of years and whenever I take her out its always:
1. "babe. you're so expensive...." (meaning, "why did we bother spending so much money when this isn't fun for me?" this usually happens when we eat at a restaurant that isn't fast food)
2. "*concerned scared look* im scared babe" (meaning, "wtf were you thinking when you thought of this idea? I don't feel safe doing this" and this usually happens when I have this out of the box idea and it usually involves a crazy adventure at night)

What kind of dates to INTP's like doing? our best times always involved ice cream and walking around malls...I need better ideas :( i'm fresh out.

Btw, our relationship is on the rocks and I told her Id make it up to her by taking her out on fri...I need to make this good ><

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
If it's on the rocks I'd back off a bit if i were you. Let her miss you. Use that time to think of a good date and when she wants to hook up or summit, Blam! and make sure you do her good afterwards. That's what I'd do anyway.
Also a good idea, don't rush into doing something stupid.

I don't know what Phantom means by "do her good afterwoods" though....:mellow:

But my Film Festival idea or any Festival where you can just walk around maybe would be nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha :crazy: (@"afterwoods")

she really would like the idea of going to a festival. She's a very curious lady :)
She actually really confuses me because our problems arise when I hang out with my friends alot (so the problem isn't that im clingy...). when I do, she starts making claims about how we're too different and how our lifestyles don't match (she's hardworking, and I like to play) and then I tell her she can leave. then she does. then she comes back to me. and thats where we are right now. ><

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
is there a tv show or movie that she's been wanting to watch with you? watch it with her. compare notes on the things each of you like or dislike or find interesting or don't understand.

or just be your avatar. om nom nom.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My opinion:

If she is going to complain about you than what is the point of being in a relationship with her? If you can get her out of this rut, or to say if this is a phase, which it doesn't sound like it, than stick with her and see what you can do. If you've tried everything that you can do to persuade her and change her mind and she is still acting like that than tell her what you dislike about what she is doing. If she doesn't fit any of your personality, and dislikes everything that you like than you can still try to persuade her. But if that doesn't work than break up with her. There are things that you can't change about people: like what their likes and dislikes are. She can try it out and if she likes it than she might lightly consider it but if she doesn't like it: than she doesn't like.

If you can't keep up, than find someone that likes doing what you do. Or is open to try anything.

Roller coasters are cool with me,:laughing: unless if I'm feeling sick. Than they aren't.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Perhaps that was too harsh, and I am sorry if I offended you in anyway. I hope I didn't but that right there ^^^ was my personal opinion. I'm the tip of the ice burg in this thread :cool:

Here's an idea, what does SHE want to do?
That is a very good comment. I like it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Perhaps that was too harsh, and I am sorry if I offended you in anyway. I hope I didn't but that right there ^^^ was my personal opinion. I'm the tip of the ice burg in this thread :cool:

That is a very good comment. I like it
None taken. I can see where you're coming from.
If I'm fighting against the current though, I want to fight it until there's just no hope left :/ She doesn't always say what she means so I have to be patient with her. When she tries to look disinterested and distant, it's usually because I don't give her enough attention...interestingly enough, I do the same to her sometimes.

I wanted the date to be a surprise (and she sounds excited about it) but like you were saying (LemonSqueeze), I still tried to inadvertantly ask her "would you rather do this....or this" kind of things and am trying to go from there.
From what I got, it seems like she likes to look around at interesting material things (like going shopping, art museums, furniture stores, etc.) rather than being entertained (like watching movies, going to concerts, going to the zoo, etc....although she does enjoy those really expensive plays like cirque du soleil)

Just curious, is that typical of an INTP's interests?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is there a tv show or movie that she's been wanting to watch with you? watch it with her. compare notes on the things each of you like or dislike or find interesting or don't understand.

or just be your avatar. om nom nom.
Hehe xD I'm actally gonna incorporate another frozen yogurt trip in this date. I'm surprized we're not fat yet from this fad.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
What kind of dates to INTP's like doing? our best times always involved ice cream and walking around malls...I need better ideas :( i'm fresh out.

Btw, our relationship is on the rocks and I told her Id make it up to her by taking her out on fri...I need to make this good ><
We like all kinds of dates.. but the trick is often to make us think it was our idea (even when it wasn't)

·
Registered
107 Posts
My favorite dates are usually getting ice cream and window shopping! lol I love going for a relaxing walk or going on a picnic at a park, feeding the ducks... I also love going to concerts. I'm not big on spending a lot of money on a date. Ordering pizza and watching movies at home is always nice to me. But I also love going to zoos, aquariums, neat museums, flea markets and camping.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
My favorite dates are usually getting ice cream and window shopping! lol I love going for a relaxing walk or going on a picnic at a park, feeding the ducks... I also love going to concerts. I'm not big on spending a lot of money on a date. Ordering pizza and watching movies at home is always nice to me. But I also love going to zoos, aquariums, neat museums, flea markets and camping.
So... What you doing this weekend? Wanna go to the zoo?

·
Registered
107 Posts
haha! I've been dating my current boyfriend for almost 4 years and I've been trying to get him to take me to the zoo ever since! ughhhhhhhhh still no zoo!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't think fast and exciting is in an INTPs interest range. The INTPs that I know have to think things through for a couple of hours before they decide on ANYTHING. And it takes them forever to get ready. Because they have to have everything perfectly packed in case they might need something. Go camping with an INTP and they will have everything they could possibly need but contained in a very neatly packed bag. They like museums just not alot of museum and only specific things in a museum. Go to a coffee shop or nice bar and start a conversation on metaphysics or philosophy and you will be in for a treat. INTPs like to hang out and do normal things that are everyday things like hanging out in the kitchen when dinner is being cooked. They like intimacy over pizazz. They're frugal but they will buy a highend gadget if it accomplishes several things at once. So if you are not into these things then don't bother. Although as an INFJ perhaps a nature setting activity with a homemade meal and booze afterwards would be good for both of you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Concerts, museums, flea markets, movies, or just staying at home talking.

...I don't know if any other INTPs are like this but I adore amusement parks. So maybe that?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts