Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE DEALING WITH THIS!

PLEASE comment if have anything to share that you see yourself in this or something!! ARE YOU as WEIRD as me ?

monday - friday im attending school. business college. i am nothing like the others. some friends told me what some have said about me: she's (me) weird, like she's so confusing"

okay fine whatever, but let me just tell you
EVERY SINGLE DAY i put up with being called something that refers to me being different and it brings me to tears now, because i feel suffocated now. WHY don't I have an INFP friend?????!!!!!

SHIT

peace of mind isn't exactly mine

i need to see a psycologist i think

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I understand what you mean,I think you need to find some new people or seek out others that people see as 'weird' 'odd' etc. At the begining of college I was hanging out with this one girl who put me down really and she was just a negative being alltogether now I found friends who are more 'odd' etc and can appreciate my awkward weirdness because they KNOW i'm weird but instead of putting me down for it they'll just be like "you're weird but we love you"

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I think of it as a compliment. Unpredictable people with unique tastes are always exciting to interact with and it generally subdues the usual small talk bs. At the same time, this makes you a bit harder to talk to because they have a harder time reading your train of thought. Unfortunately, a lot of -simple- people are sometimes the most popular.

Regardless, some of the most brilliant minds and innovators in this world were what many would consider to be weird. Rather than conform to the norm, just believe in who you are and have confidence in the assets you can bring to a table.

While some people may make comments in a malicious light, most others just simply don't understand someone that is different from what they're used to. It's not your fault whatsoever.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand what you mean,I think you need to find some new people or seek out others that people see as 'weird' 'odd' etc. At the begining of college I was hanging out with this one girl who put me down really and she was just a negative being alltogether now I found friends who are more 'odd' etc and can appreciate my awkward weirdness because they KNOW i'm weird but instead of putting me down for it they'll just be like "you're weird but we love you"
thank you so much! apreciation has an uplifting effect, it seems so rare, almost to rare to be found. I mean this with all of my heart, I want to leave... find people i can relate to.. i wanna go to paris!!

there's a quote about selecting ones friends, i forgot it, however the point i remember. its about selecting your friends. but what if u wish to select no-one.. i think im the wrong environment i donno.. it isnt right... i dont like being confirmed that i am a contrast to my environment every day... is it possible that theres isnt a soul u can relate to??

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
thank you so much! apreciation has an uplifting effect, it seems so rare, almost to rare to be found. I mean this with all of my heart, I want to leave... find people i can relate to.. i wanna go to paris!!

there's a quote about selecting ones friends, i forgot it, however the point i remember. its about selecting your friends. but what if u wish to select no-one.. i think im the wrong environment i donno.. it isnt right... i dont like being confirmed that i am a contrast to my environment every day... is it possible that theres isnt a soul u can relate to??

I feel like sometimes you have to be glad to be unique and think of them as the contrast to YOU. They're the ones that have the problem you're living life and seeing things in a more unique complex beautiful way.

I find that you can relate to parts of someones soul if you look hard enough,and when you find those parts cherish them,appreciate other things in people and maybe just maybe someone can look at you and do the same exact thing.
: )

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'm in a class full of what I think are extraverts, They're nice people but I always get the "What's wrong with you?" In a sympathy way or an annoyed way because they sometimes think I'm acting funny some reason :S I'm just more reserved then they are but they don't seem to understand that. :mellow:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think of it as a compliment. Unpredictable people with unique tastes are always exciting to interact with and it generally subdues the usual small talk bs. At the same time, this makes you a bit harder to talk to because they have a harder time reading your train of thought. Unfortunately, a lot of -simple- people are sometimes the most popular.

Regardless, some of the most brilliant minds and innovators in this world were what many would consider to be weird. Rather than conform to the norm, just believe in who you are and have confidence in the assets you can bring to a table.

While some people may make comments in a malicious light, most others just simply don't understand someone that is different from what they're used to. It's not your fault whatsoever.

thank you so much! this means a lot to me! it's like you know me. when i am at my saddest i turn to my family for help, i have turn to them once they have other matters to deal with that i understand so i felt extremely lonely. it gives me comfort knowing now there are people like you who are like or understand me.. knowing that my problem is mine but that it is also a problem of others'.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel like sometimes you have to be glad to be unique and think of them as the contrast to YOU. They're the ones that have the problem you're living life and seeing things in a more unique complex beautiful way.

I find that you can relate to parts of someones soul if you look hard enough,and when you find those parts cherish them,appreciate other things in people and maybe just maybe someone can look at you and do the same exact thing.
: )
thank you:) you are a giving person, i like your advice about looking for parts that are similar, i will try to that!

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Yeah, I've gotten called "weird" so many times. My mother uses the word, "eccentric", lol. Just to make it more palatable.
You are INFP though, most people will think you're "weird" because you're different.
Just remember that you're probably a better person than they are: more loyal, kind, devoted, thoughtful, etc.
and then say, "f*ck 'em". ;)

·
Banned
59 Posts
There is this fantasy novel that I haven't really read because I don't read fantasy novels; but in any case, there is this really awesome part in it where this guy, who is the king's son, but not the queen's, if you know what I mean, who doesn't get to eat on the same table as his family, during this really big party, because the queen thinks it could offend the visiting royal party. So instead he ends up spending his time with the commoners where he for the most part tries to convince himself that he doesn't really care before saying a lot of stupid things to everyone, and shamefully leaving the hall. He wanders out into the snow where the visiting king's brother is sitting. He's a dwarf, genetically and not in the fantasy kind of way, which has kind of made him the king's weird, dwarf brother and given him lots of mean nicknames. To begin with this stepprince character looks down on him as well, but then the dwarf comments on the stepprince's feelings of not fitting in, telling him that it is exactly his differences that makes it possible for him to grow stronger than any of his brothers and sisters ever will be. The dwarf then decides to return to the mess hall, and as he opens the door, the light from it makes his shadow reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally long, the stepprince character realizes that the dwarf is the tallest man he has ever met, and shivering ensues.

And, I don't know, but I think life just is. Whatever we do we're putting stuff into systems, and translating something that cannot really be understood into something that can be understood and in that way nothing is originally neither negative nor positive. So you're kind of the one who controls what something is. You are the one who tells the story of your life, choses the angles of it and thus effectively decides if something is good or not. Par example. Don't look at the fact that you're being singled out as different as something negative in the same way you would look at the soldier who doesn't follow orders while everyone else does as something bad. (Though you can.) Rather weave it together with the concept of rareness where gold, that is difficult to find, is more worth than say wood. You can pick the first one and be miserable, or you can pick the second one and be the dwarf that is taller than everyone else. (You can also pick the first one and not be miserable. Or be miserable by choice, in which case you might enjoy miserability, for example if you were to view yourself as a misunderstood, romantic artist or something like that. Or that would maybe rather be a mix or maybe something completely else.)

(But then again, this whole thing that I'm saying here, this conjecture, is also just one of many alternative ways of seeing the world, so. Yeah @[email protected] I guess to someone this may be very wrong, this that I'm saying, but yeah. It's just what. Your. Post. Made. Me. Think. Kind of?)

Also. One really cool thing.

In Norwegian. "Rar", which comes from the same word as the English "rare", means weird.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts

PLEASE comment if have anything to share that you see yourself in this or something!! ARE YOU as WEIRD as me ?

monday - friday im attending school. business college. i am nothing like the others. some friends told me what some have said about me: she's (me) weird, like she's so confusing"

EVERY SINGLE DAY i put up with being called something that refers to me being different and it brings me to tears now, because i feel suffocated now. WHY don't I have an INFP friend?????!!!!!

SHIT

I feel for you. It hurts when others don't understand us. And most people will never understand us. I have to say it still hurts me when people do that to me. The only advice I have is to know you are "UNIQUE" not WEIRD. And you are a beautiful person just they way you are.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't let it bother you. The way I think of it is this; we are simply black sheep. We are different, yes, but at the same time a good type of different. Without sounding arrogant, I simply feel like we don't follow the flock like other people. We attack the abusive shepherd, run off into the woods, and do whatever we want while everyone else still thinks the shepherd is just awesome all the way to the slaughter house. Okay, maybe not the best story, but you get the picture :D. We are just too awesome that we overwhelm everyone else.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

SHIT

I like weird, and I'm about as weird as they come. But are you really being told this *every* day? Is it usually by friends, or is it everyone?

Because TBH, it's one thing to hear this every now and then as a joke or whatnot, but when you're hearing it on a daily basis, maybe you're carrying yourself in a repellant way. Or perhaps your communication skills are poor. There's a difference between being unique and being creepy/obnoxious.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
well... it may be small consolation, but, at least people wont be calling you weird when you're *here*.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I feel you. It feels like no one understands you, and you long for someone who does! Well, that's for me anyway. But I have come to realise that I am a very deep person, while most others aren't. And so someone told me that, I am simply different from everybody else, not weird. The way I see it, weird or not, it's important that I accept myself the way I am. Then one day I will surely find someone else that clicks well with me if I show my true self while I ignore those who don't like me for being me. They are out there somewhere! INFPs unite! :proud:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Villains are weird. Heroes are weird.
Criminals are weird. Saviors are weird.
Demons are weird. Angels are weird.

It can mean better, worse, or just plain different.

But knowing that is only half the battle. If even that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't mind it if my friends call me weird, if they are weird themselves and I can call them weird too :crazy:

In fact, I prefer that! People who are openly weird are the best! We have more fun!

So next time you're out, try to find someone who seems really eccentric! You might make a good friend... or at least have an interesting experience :proud:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Darling...being weird is okay...at least you're not a robot...neither a zombie...at least you bring some colours to life!! :proud:
And we...other INFPs....support you for being weird... it's okay with us...since...it seems like being weird is one of our qualities...so..that makes it okay to be weird...:laughing::laughing:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts