Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told by my INTJ friend who’s knows MBTI well that I am an ESTP (I thought I was an INTP or ISTP) and this is how I would describe myself.

I really don't like myself inside, mainly because I try to be accepted by everyone. It makes me feel more uncomfortable around people because of the fact that do not really like myself and I feel that I act different depending who I am around(This was not an easy thing for me to admit to my friends because I was so ashamed of it and felt like I was not being genuine to them). I do like going out and partying, clubbing, and having fun etc. and when I have enough to drink I will go out and try to dance. I am very friendly and accepting when I drink and become more outgoing because I am more accepting of myself. When a girl likes me and I don't like her that way, I have trouble using her just to sleep with her. I also have trouble saying no to people (which I believe is my tertiary function "Fe") I lift weights; have been working 50 hours a week, and I can be competitive. When I am hurt from a relationship I find it hard to talk about my feelings and will only talk about them with close friends. When I am in a hurtful situation I think objectively in my mind and try to figure things out simplifying reasons behind ones actions to the core as a way of using understanding to make me feel better. I really like philosophy, connecting ideas to see the big picture; details in subjects that I am interested in, relying on chance or having others make my decisions, and the unknown. I do not believe in any gods, but I do believe in the existence of extraterrestrials. I have recently been studying Myer Briggs as a way to figure others out as well as myself. I am working on trying to grow as a person by letting go of ego because I want to be happier because my ultimate goal is happiness.

So let me see what the personalitycafe community thinks. Peace~

·
Registered
281 Posts
When a girl likes me and I don't like her that way, I have trouble using her just to sleep with her.
That just indicated you as non ESTp. Unless she's ugly.

Seriously now, you sound like Fe user and some kind of N.

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

lmfao, speak for yourself. I put myself above one night stands.

I'd agree that he sounds like an intuitive feeler though, however this could be 'cause he's insecure and not comfortable in his own skin.

·
Registered
116 Posts

I might have misunderstood you, but personally, I have thought of using a girl just to sleep with her. I didn't though, partially because I never had a girl friend and something gives me that feeling I would regret it. And to add on, I would feel extremely bad for using her.

Everything before "I can be competitive" means your probably not an ESTP. Even that statement, because I'm pretty sure we're exremely competitive..I am.

"MUST WINNN!"
I disagree. It appears to me he hasn't completely found himself yet and also, chance for competition doesn't always appear. And when it does, it might not be something you like to do. I'm competitive... but if you want to compete in school for better grades, gtfo.

·
Registered
281 Posts
@themartyparade
You are a girl, it's understandable. Despite of pers type females are more into long term relationship and other bs, while males are eager to have pure sexual experience.
But there are types more to one or second side, ESTP is one of most masculine types -> means that both males and females of our type would be more happy with sex than other types.
It also depends on individual beliefs, values and so on.

@Dilldough
I wouldn't have problem to 'use' someone for my own pleasure, but there is usually no need to. I percieve it as fun to both sides, and I never lie nor promise that we'll live long and happy together if we have sex tonight.
Some girls percieve it natural though if we had sex that it'll be start of something bigger even if it wasn't said. Well, it's their problem, not mine.

About the competitiveness - it depends mostly on one's enneagram type. ashley286 is type 3, so she's most competitive one. On the other hand I'm 7 - like competition because it's fun to win, but don't need it above all. Still desire to win and able to cheat though.

Btw slwlwisen00 if you are type 6, you most likely are not ESTP. 6 are very shy, insecure and so on, while ESTP (mostly 3,7 and 8) are very confident, competitive, fun loving, dominating etc.

My advice to you is - find out your ennea tritype and it's wins, such as I have in my signature. Then take test or few tests on MBTI.

·
Registered
597 Posts
New ESTP arrival on this board?

I dont think that fact, that he dont have sex with girls he doesnt like 100% indicate he isnt ESTP. He isnt death to take literally everything. Maybe its time to take test(s) to confirm that he is ESTP and not relly on his friend guessing.

If I dont have someone I like for real, I tend to amplify my social circle.I wouldnt take what is just "disponible". It depends on impulsivity.
Relations where one part thinks that its more intimate than situation really is are annoying. Doesnt matter if its one night stand or longer.

Also depends how do you define ugly. If for example the girl doesnt smell good to him, it could be sexual turn-off. I have got experience, that I like much more guys, that smells me really good regardles parfume.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lots of girls are interested in me, though I sort of just lead them on to expand and improve upon my social circle. I tend to avoid sleeping with them because I would never want to talk to them again, thus making my social circle smaller.

·
Registered
281 Posts
@up
the fck, i thought it's question to estp

·
Registered
597 Posts
@up
the fck, i thought it's question to estp
Might, but Hazelfood needs to say everyone he is wanted by girls. Tecnical details like wrong board doesnt come into way. I like gate crushers. Its more fun :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not only wrong board, but even the topic has nothing to do with his post
loling at this
lol

·
Banned
314 Posts
Back on topic, lol: I think the comment about how he likes philosophy and the big picture was a tip-off, more even than the comment on not sleeping with girls just for sex. It just doesn't read like ESTP, but who knows...everyone is a little different.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Some how you better check if you could sleep with that person...no just kidding we actually have opinions on this image, but still, an ESTP will sleep with them because we're in the moment and it sounds like a good opportunity,but to be fair, I think we're in the moment every time. We can't really see the consequences of how this may play out not in our favor, and here's what tipped me off, to raise an eyebrow on being truly ESTP, "I really like philosophy,connecting ideas to see the big picture." We don't see the big picture and we can't connect ideas. People liking or hating philosophy is a question people should ask themselves. I took philosophy twice. There are two ways to take philosophy, the right way or the wrong way. I did both. First I did it the wrong way, "let's talk about the great philosophers, but I don't want to read the text or write in class." Then I took it the right way, "I'm going to read the text and write in class". First time, I got an F, the second time I got a B. I know Sartre, Kant, Neitzche,Hobbes, and Descartes. Yet I'm not sure about philosophy as concept like the Golden Rule. I suck at that. And I think the Golden Rule moves into the big picture which we ESTPs aren't the best in. Despite this I think we still try to be good people.

I did a lot of tests on my own before I said I'm an ESTP, and some of those tests said I was an ISTP, I would recheck everything, with a paragraph like this. I mean I don't need drink to dance I just dance and I love dancing and listening to music and exploring new beats. I just feel you have an N somewhere in you. But this is just my opinion.

I am told by my INTJ friend who’s knows MBTI well that I am an ESTP (I thought I was an INTP or ISTP) and this is how I would describe myself.

I really don't like myself inside, mainly because I try to be accepted by everyone. It makes me feel more uncomfortable around people because of the fact that do not really like myself and I feel that I act different depending who I am around(This was not an easy thing for me to admit to my friends because I was so ashamed of it and felt like I was not being genuine to them). I do like going out and partying, clubbing, and having fun etc. and when I have enough to drink I will go out and try to dance. I am very friendly and accepting when I drink and become more outgoing because I am more accepting of myself. When a girl likes me and I don't like her that way, I have trouble using her just to sleep with her. I also have trouble saying no to people (which I believe is my tertiary function "Fe") I lift weights; have been working 50 hours a week, and I can be competitive. When I am hurt from a relationship I find it hard to talk about my feelings and will only talk about them with close friends. When I am in a hurtful situation I think objectively in my mind and try to figure things out simplifying reasons behind ones actions to the core as a way of using understanding to make me feel better. I really like philosophy, connecting ideas to see the big picture; details in subjects that I am interested in, relying on chance or having others make my decisions, and the unknown. I do not believe in any gods, but I do believe in the existence of extraterrestrials. I have recently been studying Myer Briggs as a way to figure others out as well as myself. I am working on trying to grow as a person by letting go of ego because I want to be happier because my ultimate goal is happiness.

So let me see what the personalitycafe community thinks. Peace~

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
@slwlwisen00

You could be an ENFJ not ESTP, I only say ENFJ because of the Fe and you still get all the same cognitive functions but in a different order.

·
Registered
753 Posts
ESTPs are very quick witted with everything they say. And will most likely have a smart ass remark to everything. That is not a stereotype. I'm pretty sure all of us have this in common. And the apathy thing. I don't care about a lot of things.

I am interested in philosophy but I won't ponder about it for hours. I can't read a book about Descartes and his meditations. Just skim it. Sensors like to get to the point. Just the facts.

Extroverts are generally confident and like themselves. We're only aware of things outside our bodies. There have been studies that suggest extroverts seem to have a positive and enthusiastic approach to most activities in life, and can have good communication skills which leads to high self-esteem (not my words introverts). There are some things I don't like about myself but that is everyone.

When I'm hurt I will talk about it with anyone. I won't tell them emotions but I will tell what happened in this way: "I thought what the hell? Who does that?" instead of "It really got to me. And it hurts me. I would never do that."

The only person who hears about how I "feel" is my best friend. And even then, I tell her "it's totally irrational. I don't know why I feel this way. Or if I should. Should I?"

you get the point. hope that helps.

What Are Extroverted Personality Traits?: The Differences Between Introverts and Extroverts | Suite101.com

·
Registered
413 Posts
I really like philosophy, connecting ideas to see the big picture; details in subjects that I am interested in, relying on chance or having others make my decisions, and the unknown.
^This. Extremely Ne/Si.

It's obvious you have Ti/Fe, but I agree that you don't seem like an ESTP. I think there's a bigger chance you might be an ENTP with developed Fe or something of the sort. As @Fizz said, you might be an ENFJ also, but somehow he doesn't seem like a Ni/Se user to me.

IMO, this seems to be a bigger indicator of what type he is rather than whether or not he's interested in one-night-stands vs long-term relationships or likes to win.

To begin with, if you're trying to figure out your type, you're better off trying to read up on cognitive functions and see what fits you the best rather than trying to see what stereotype is the most like you. And as @Adventure mentioned, take a look into Enneatypes, too. They can create huge differences, even among those sharing the same MBTI type.

And it's just my opinion, but tests wind up being bullshit for me. I've wound up as everything between ESTJ to INFJ. Unless I have a split personality disorder, I'm quite sure I'm an ENTP.

Reactions: MilkyWay132
1 - 20 of 24 Posts