Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna need some opinions, I am thinking to buy an ebook about my personality type. Normally I would never buy something that is out of my interests and which is theoritical and not practical. Also normally I would never buy a book that talks about myself and how I would be better... But those questions it has on the top of the post made me think about it....

Mostly this question --> ...you tend to do things in a slow and steady way?

[HR][/HR]
So this is the ebook --> 16personalities ISTJ premium profile

Does anyone have this ebook, either an ISTJ or another type??
And if you do, did it help you?? And if it did, does it worth those money??

Thanks in advance for your time!
Wild Cheers!

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
No, I don't have and haven't read that book. I do have and have read other books on the topic. I don't have any particular recommendations.

Most of the books on this topic have some good information, but none have been an end all on the topic.

Slow and steady? How about methodical and precise? I'm in a hurry, so I'm glad to take the time to do it right the first time, so I only do it once.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I highly doubt that the information in the premium profile will be useful. Especially when they use all that fake crap like creating people and writing things that make it seem like the content is really good.

“I have never in my 37 years been so intrigued about my own personality. I feel like I am finally properly rediscovering my traits, behavior and mannerisms with concrete material to back up on.”
Aaron, INFJ

Haha. Anyone who believes that is real is either really naive or really stupid.

Then again, it does say they refund if you are not satisfied, so that gives some insurance.
In any case, if you think it will magically tell you things about you that you didn't even know, you are most likely going to be dissapointed. It's going to be a lot of the same stuff you've read everywhere else already.

The bottomline is, you can get a refund if it doesn't help you. So, if you insist on buying it, there is no real risk of losing money.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay first of all thanks a lot for the replies both of ya.

[HR][/HR]

No, I don't have and haven't read that book. I do have and have read other books on the topic. I don't have any particular recommendations.

Most of the books on this topic have some good information, but none have been an end all on the topic.

Slow and steady? How about methodical and precise? I'm in a hurry, so I'm glad to take the time to do it right the first time, so I only do it once.
I agree with the last sentence for sure, but there are sometimes that I need to be faster. Times when I learn things for example and even though I understand them fully I reread them again and again. Then I end to a point that they are like STICKED in my head. Sometimes I doubt that this is needed though, and I am thinking if I could spend my time better (learning other things and moving forward).

Now as for the other things you said, I don't have an opinion as I am new to this. Thats why I asked so thank you for your opinion.

I highly doubt that the information in the premium profile will be useful. Especially when they use all that fake crap like creating people and writing things that make it seem like the content is really good.

“I have never in my 37 years been so intrigued about my own personality. I feel like I am finally properly rediscovering my traits, behavior and mannerisms with concrete material to back up on.”
Aaron, INFJ

Haha. Anyone who believes that is real is either really naive or really stupid.

Then again, it does say they refund if you are not satisfied, so that gives some insurance.
In any case, if you think it will magically tell you things about you that you didn't even know, you are most likely going to be dissapointed. It's going to be a lot of the same stuff you've read everywhere else already.

The bottomline is, you can get a refund if it doesn't help you. So, if you insist on buying it, there is no real risk of losing money.
Well yea it seems that they over talk on their site, it is just those questions that touched me a little. Other than that as I said I would never buy something impractical, which is out of my interests. Though I was thinking that it mind help me develop myself more.

Nevermind.. Thanks a lot for your opinion.

[HR][/HR]
At last I will trust you both and not buy this. As you are more experienced on the topic of personalities you opinion counts in my eyes.

Thanks a lot for helping me on this.
Much Appreciated!

P.S. I would love to hear some opinions from people who actually bought and read this ebook.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,927 Posts
@MessWithTheBest

It seems like an overly aggressive sales pitch, and you are right to be hesitant and suspicious.

Before you spend $32.00 on this thing, I'd go out on the Web and Google all the free information I could find first. There's also plenty of information to be found here on PerC. After that, you can start looking at whether you really want to spend money to know more. There are plenty of no cost sites out there where most of this information can be found.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I said already I will not buy this, I just would like to hear from someone that bought it and read it (if there is any).
@johnson.han.3 thanks for the link I read it and it is great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts