Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am angry at times. there be fleeting emotions but I am never stuck in it. Unless tortured I can not imagine being discontent for longer than it would take me to say "quack quack quaaaaack!"

maybe sanity and happiness requires a degree of lunacy. it certainly would seem that way, if by lunacy it is meant to do what you enjoy without care for reason.

just saying, in case you know someone not-yet-fulfilled

-Quaaaack! ;)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Wonderful thing! Especially if it works for you. Both can be productive ; some individuals make a living expressing their negative emotions through art, writing, etc.

My mom is really similar to this. The lady survived a war, she was held captive and witness people tortured. Lived in complete poverty for years. But you could never tell. Happy as a clam, she just radiates easy going-ness. Anger and sadness, sure, but short lasting. But she's very present as a person; what's past is past.

I feel like things like this might be inborn? It's related to temperament and temperament has proven to be inborn.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Wow...I admire people like you. I'm the opposite - I ruminate over my flaws and feelings a lot. I'm sure that isn't healthy to one's physical and mental health...

Reactions: septic tank

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
Lucky little shit....

I've tried everything. I envy you.

I have but one question: how?

Reactions: Metalize

·
Registered
961 Posts
I wonder if a lot of the time people get unhappy because they tell themselves they're unhappy, facilitating this thought by rationalizing logical reasons as to why they should feel unhappy and in turn actually end making themselves unhappy.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
Anger isn't considered a positive emotion, but it is distinctly different from acute unhappiness (which I liken to depression).

Congrats, you won the genetic lottery. Not sure if it's something to take pride in as much as simple acknowledgement.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
its quite easy. you pick up on the things that you like, such as quacking ducks, and you quack! or just feel grateful for it. its all about taking in the things that make their appearance to you and enjoying them.

there are methods though, for those that need them. they are called meditations for instance there is this or this(rummaging)

and dont go saying ol' tucken isnt generous, or hold them secrets for himself. The rest is up to you, being happy is the easiest thing but being unhappy that takes a lot of practise. turning it all around may require a little bit of effort.

guess I should bother some mentions. @o_O @AddictiveMuse @Laze @Metasentient

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I am usually not unhappy. Bad moods are rare, at times I find myself in one and realize I had totally forgotten what it was even like. I actively fight unhappiness when I detect the smallest bit of it. That used to not be the case; I used to embrace my feelings and try to "feel them" fully, or something. That never got me anywhere.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I am suspicious of such people, but maybe it really does happen.

Good for you.

Reactions: Tucken

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not to be cynical, but this topic is very misleading. Happiness isn't as inherent and unobtainable as people think it is. Usually when someone shows resilience to difficult events, it is because they haven't had that many difficult events in their lives. Continuous, belaboring negative events in people's lives will make the happiest of clams depressed.

I cite the unethical Pit of Despair study on monkeys, where not even the happiest of monkeys was able to withstand depression after a few days.

Happiness is attainable to everyone, it is not some God-given gift, I believe. Though to improve and sustain the state, one must make significant life changes, controlling their type of environment and surroundings to be positive.

·
Registered
974 Posts
well lucky you... (i'm not sure how much i agree with you though, if you define lunacy with being neurotic then you're actually more likely to be unhappy)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am angry at times. there be fleeting emotions but I am never stuck in it. Unless tortured I can not imagine being discontent for longer than it would take me to say "quack quack quaaaaack!"

maybe sanity and happiness requires a degree of lunacy. it certainly would seem that way, if by lunacy it is meant to do what you enjoy without care for reason.

just saying, in case you know someone not-yet-fulfilled

-Quaaaack! ;)
Are you an e9 by chance?

If it works for you than wear it.

...err I think that's how that goes. :happy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts