Personality Cafe banner

I am not quite sure

427 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Metal Rat 
#1 ·
Perhaps, I am a Deist. After all, Christianity-- Roman Catholic Christianity in particular-- is more than a bit anti-Jewish for my taste. Moreover, despite what the Televangelist preachers lie, America was NOT founded as a Christian Nation. For, America was never meant to be either Christian or even a Nation at all. I would advance the argument, if I may do so, that America was, originally, meant to be a Secular Republic. It certainly was not meant to be a Theocracy-- whether of the Christian or the Muslim or the Jewish variety.

Mind you, and more to the point I am making here, it is precisely a couple of Nations, over in Europe, that Americans hate and dread with all their hearts and soul, namely Russia and Germany (dare I make mention of either, of course) which really were founded on the Christian religion. After all, that is precisely why they, the Russians and the Germans, were more than a bit anti-Jewish, historically. After all, there is such a thing as Christian anti-Judaism. "Anti-Semitism", merely a secularization thereof!

Now, of course, I would further go on to say that I firmly believe that most of the Founders were Deists. Yes, that is the key thing of it all. But then again, I am also reading about Stoicism.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.