Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking what I want to do with my life I failed my first year of college and have been just trying to pay off debts the last few years while writing in my spare time but mostly I've just been depressed. Anyway I have been giving serious thought to just pursuing an interest in Film and Acting. I mean I would rather give something a try and see how I do then wake up in twenty years regretting and thinking of what might have been.

I'm twenty five years old though and I worry I'd just be making a big mistake. However I do really want to go back to college and study film and acting. Should I pursue it? I just don't want to waste my life. I want to at least make an effort to be somebody.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Do you have experience or talent at film or acting? Are you exceptionally attractive or exceptionally charismatic? Do you have some other way of standing out from the crowd?

I don't know you. I'm not here to say you can or can't make it in the entertainment industry. You'll have to do some introspection, and maybe consult the friends and family that are close to you for their advice.

What I can say is this. There are a lot paths in life that are meaningful and important that don't involve becoming famous or making it big. And fame, as the tabloid entries of celebrities show, does not solve all a person's woes.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
Either you learn by yourself through Youtube tutorials and library books which is what I had been doing throughout my college years or you go to college. Haha.. The most important thing is to surround yourself with people, things and places that would give you inspirations for your arts. Sometimes you go to conventions to listen to people. You'll learn there as well. Collect your knowledge by conversing with the real people that knows something about film-making or acting. You don't have to be in college if debt is your concern. The most important thing is building your portfolio of works that you have done or concepts that you're still working on (work-in-progress). Invest on film-making software or contraptions and learn how to use them by researching on Google or something. It's easier to learn something by ourselves nowadays if we know where to look.

Anyway, you are not old. keep yourself in good health and who knows you'll be famous by 80. Remember that our lives are fucked up and we're gonna die anyway.. If your heart says that this is what you really want to do despite all the things that you have done, then do it because the right time may never come. Most of the time, it doesn't come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have experience or talent at film or acting? Are you exceptionally attractive or exceptionally charismatic? Do you have some other way of standing out from the crowd?

I don't know you. I'm not here to say you can or can't make it in the entertainment industry. You'll have to do some introspection, and maybe consult the friends and family that are close to you for their advice.

What I can say is this. There are a lot paths in life that are meaningful and important that don't involve becoming famous or making it big. And fame, as the tabloid entries of celebrities show, does not solve all a person's woes.
Honestly I just have always liked writing (I'm more interested in writing than anything else) and have always have had an interest in film. I don't even like the idea of paparrazi hounding me I'm actually a very private person. Honestly I think a lot of people in the film industry are attention seekers.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,409 Posts
In my opinion, don't waste your short time on this planet doing something you hate. Our lives are too fleeting for us not to follow our dreams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts