Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a twenty year old woman thinking that I must be an ENTJ. The ENTJ descriptions just fit too well. I will explain later more why I think I am an ENTJ. But there is one doubt in my mind that I may not be. I am not sure about the extrovert part. I used to be shy when I was little. I am not anymore, but sometimes I can be self-concious. I only have one true friend, and some other, but they are not as close to me. I am very self-consious in my friendships. If I feel someone doesn't respect me, I find it very hard to be their friend. But I also find it hard to not to be. Say, a friend cancels our meeting too late for really no good reason. --> I feel betrayed. Will I say something? No, but if this happens too often we will probably not be friends for too long. I think the problem is that I don't have the guts to tell them straight to their face that my feelings are hurt. I just expect them to handle me with care. If they don't, I see them as selfish. (Which I think very many are).
In my friendships I am also more often the listener than the one who talks about their problems. I don't want to waste people's time talking about me. But I will listen for hours when others tell their worries.

The thing is, I often feel I am happier without my friends who don't show enough respect. And way too often after a meeting I just feel like I wasted my time and think of all the things I could have enjoyed doing on my on during that time. So I want to be with my friends but often am not satisfied afterwards. Aren't ENTJs supposed to feel empowered by other people? I am only empowered by my own dreams (=plans).

This is why I definetly think I am an ENTJ:

-During my school years many different teachers would call me stubborn. Just way too stubborn. Not to my face, but to my mother's when they had a meeting. First time when I was seven years old.. Many other people in my life have called me stubborn. Extremely stubborn. And narcistic.

-I learned to read before school and enjoyed reading a lot. The books that I read when I was seven were the books that my classmates read at the age of thirteen.

- I was always good at school. I got excellent at school when I had a plan in my mind which included straight A's. Really, I wanted to be the best. And got awarded as the top student in my class.

- I got a job at a relatively young age. Now I have a better payed job than most people my age. And I am youngest at my workplace. (Also one of the lowest in rank though)

- Even though I am low in rank and thought I was being humble, my work mates actually used the world narcistic when describing me. I took it as a compliment. I enjoy having fun conversations with some people at my work. But then again, sometimes I don't feel like talking to anyone. I am not an outsider at work. I could be an insider, but I don't want to. I do feel like most of them are just not my type of people.

- I am extremely goal orientated and want to do my best. I can practise hours and hours and hours just to get somethying right. Something I have noticed other people just can't. Well I think that anyone could do it if they just wanted to. But people don't seem to want to be as masochistic as I am :crazy:

- I have never had a love relationship. I truly don't know why. Maybe because I am so self-orientaded and don't really enjoy parties and stuff so I haven't found love. I am not too concerned about this. Other people may think it is weird. Also I concider myself good-looking and want a good-looking partner. If I can't find one, maybe I'll just be on my own. Superficial I know.

- I have very big dreams. And I intent to achieve them. I work like a machine to achieve them. I think I will someday. I am the happiest when I am working for my dreams.

One more thing why I doubt I might not be an ENTJ: I don't want to "marshal and direct" other people. I have no interest in telling other people what to do. I just do my own thing and want to be very good at it. I think my personality is too "soft" to really be bossy. I do care about other peoples feelings. (Except when I am treated badly. Then I don't care. At those times, I know people are very intimidated by me. oh well..)

Thank you to everyone who spent time reading through my post! Any opinions about wheter or not I am an ENTJ (or maybe INTJ..?) are welcomed! I firmly believe I am an ENTJ but I might be wrong!

edit: oh I forgot one thing. Everytime I take the test I get the ENTJ. I took the first one about two years ago and the last one just few weeks ago. In the results i am slightly expressed extrovert but vefry strongly expressed judging personality.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Aren't ENTJs supposed to feel empowered by other people? I am only empowered by my own dreams (=plans).
I don't know if empowered is the right word per se. But I am definitely charged up by being around people. I like being around people. I am sort of the opposite of you. I might not like a lot of people, but I am still drawn to conversing and socializing, and it satiates me.

The latter part says to me that you are more Ni than Te. That comment is very indicative of an Ni dominant personality.

Not to be patronizing, but you have to remember that INTJ and ENTJ are very similar.

ENTJ

Te>Ni>Se>Fi

INTJ

Ni>Te>Fi>Se

Now that you know that you have a preference for those traits, it is just figuring out your exact preference. From what you have said about your social interactions, it seems that Ni is PROBABLY your preferred function.

-During my school years many different teachers would call me stubborn. Just way too stubborn. Not to my face, but to my mother's when they had a meeting. First time when I was seven years old.. Many other people in my life have called me stubborn. Extremely stubborn. And narcistic.
I think being stubborn is just an NTJ trait. I have mentioned this in another post. :happy:

-I learned to read before school and enjoyed reading a lot. The books that I read when I was seven were the books that my classmates read at the age of thirteen.

- I was always good at school. I got excellent at school when I had a plan in my mind which included straight A's. Really, I wanted to be the best. And got awarded as the top student in my class.

- I got a job at a relatively young age. Now I have a better payed job than most people my age. And I am youngest at my workplace. (Also one of the lowest in rank though)
I believe that all of these would not be out of sync with an INTJ either.

- Even though I am low in rank and thought I was being humble, my work mates actually used the world narcistic when describing me. I took it as a compliment. I enjoy having fun conversations with some people at my work. But then again, sometimes I don't feel like talking to anyone. I am not an outsider at work. I could be an insider, but I don't want to. I do feel like most of them are just not my type of people.
Narcissistic is not good. I do not use MBTI to predict psychological disturbances. Any type can have any personality disturbance. I suggest enneagram theory in relation to this.

- I am extremely goal orientated and want to do my best. I can practise hours and hours and hours just to get somethying right. Something I have noticed other people just can't. Well I think that anyone could do it if they just wanted to. But people don't seem to want to be as masochistic as I am :crazy:
Perhaps that is your Ni? Your inner drive being your preferred function, as opposed to Te.

- I have never had a love relationship. I truly don't know why. Maybe because I am so self-orientaded and don't really enjoy parties and stuff so I haven't found love. I am not too concerned about this. Other people may think it is weird. Also I concider myself good-looking and want a good-looking partner. If I can't find one, maybe I'll just be on my own. Superficial I know.
At the end of the day, ENTJ. Love is hard for a lot of rationals in theory, but perhaps looking into INTJ might be more applicable.

- I have very big dreams. And I intent to achieve them. I work like a machine to achieve them. I think I will someday. I am the happiest when I am working for my dreams.
Not to push this, but...Ni. :mellow:

One more thing why I doubt I might not be an ENTJ: I don't want to "marshal and direct" other people. I have no interest in telling other people what to do. I just do my own thing and want to be very good at it. I think my personality is too "soft" to really be bossy. I do care about other peoples feelings. (Except when I am treated badly. Then I don't care. At those times, I know people are very intimidated by me. oh well..)
Are you just an INTJ seeing who'll come up to bat for this thread? :wink:

Thank you to everyone who spent time reading through my post! Any opinions about wheter or not I am an ENTJ (or maybe INTJ..?) are welcomed! I firmly believe I am an ENTJ but I might be wrong!
I'm going, from the information you have given, that you might have a preference for Ni more than Te.

edit: oh I forgot one thing. Everytime I take the test I get the ENTJ. I took the first one about two years ago and the last one just few weeks ago. In the results i am slightly expressed extrovert but vefry strongly expressed judging personality.
The tests kinda suck. :dry: Keys to cognition is alright though. :happy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for answering my post Knives!

I don't know if empowered is the right word per se. But I am definitely charged up by being around people. I like being around people. I am sort of the opposite of you. I might not like a lot of people, but I am still drawn to conversing and socializing, and it satiates me.

The latter part says to me that you are more Ni than Te. That comment is very indicative an Ni dominant personality.

Not to be patronizing, but you have to remember that INTJ and ENTJ are very similar.
Ni dominant means introverted right? I think I might be. Which comment did you mean is very indicative?

English is not my first language so I just use words that come to me that I think would fit. So by "empowered" I meant that you feel better and lively after being in company. I do feel this sometimes, sometimes I don't.

ENTJ

Te>Ni>Se>Fi

INTJ

Ni>Te>Fi>Se

Now that you know you might have a preference for those traits, it is just figuring out your exact preference. From what you have said about your social interactions, it seems that Ni is PROBABLY your preferred function.
I am not very familiar with thes "Te, Ni, Se, Fi". I think I have to look into it and learn it. Then I'd be able to understand it more accurately.

Narcissistic is not good. I do not use MBTI to predict psychological disturbances. Any type can have any personality disturbance. I suggest enneagram theory in relation to this.
I will have to look into enneagram theory as well!
But I seriously don't think that I'm so narcissistic that it would be considered a personality disturbance. Not at all! Narcissistic person, I believe, is someone who controls, manipulates and thinks is superior to everyone. I don't do this. I just think I'm different from most people.
+ Person who said I'm narcissistic was drunk and kind of joking. I took it as a compliment because I think it indicates that I am not someone you can just walk over.

I know I shouldn't use personality disorders to describe a normal behavior. [/quote]

At the end of the day, ENTJ. Love is hard for a lot of rationals in theory, but perhaps looking into INTJ might be more applicable.
Due to my not-so-good English I am not sure what you mean by this. That I am an ENTJ who should look for INTJ love? Or that I am an INTJ? I would suppose the latter.

Are you just an INTJ seeing who'll come up to bat for this thread? :wink:
I am someone who really wants to know her personality better, but doesn't wanna pay someone to find out which one she is. That is why I made this thread.

I am now almost assured that I am an INTJ. It seems to fit too. I also think that I should learn social skills a bit. Not that I don't have them now, but they could be better.

Still, a part of me believes I am an ENTJ. I just feel that there's certain "power" in me that is shown in all parts of my life, and being an ENTJ would explain them. Or maybe I just have a very strong will. But I think there mightg be more to it. And well, wheter or not I am an ENTJ I know I have to learn to hold my temper better. I have already made some progress though. (Not having an ESTJ boss would help me remain calm better as well. :laughing: )

EDIT: After reading the INTJ section of this forum I think THAT IS ME! So good by all wonderful ENTJs =) I may not be one but I know you're pretty damn great =D

·
Registered
171 Posts
You use word "feel" frequently and you write about your relationships a lot. Judging only by this I'd say that instead of being a NiTe [ENTJ/INTJ] you might be a NiFe [ENFJ/INFJ].

Aren't you confusing extraversion with "being social"?

Knives is right, you should start here: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

·
Registered
675 Posts
judger, if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.

'Follow your dream' is a Hollywood cliche. If one must use cliches, pick fun ones.

Why does the word 'I' appear in almost all of your sentences? Are you an introvert, or just dull? It wouldn't hurt if we saw more variation, instead of "I saw this. I think that. I want to do this." Plus those bullet points are just nauseating and reek of S. Why so STJ?

And please, for the love of all things holy and divine and sacred, 'narcistic' is not a word, just as 'concider' or 'orientaded' or 'practise' are not words. This alone should lead to your NT license being revoked. Use a dictionary next time, so you don't insult others with your stupidity.

Ok-- I kid, I kid! Or do I?

·
Registered
5,135 Posts

'Follow your dream' is a Hollywood cliche. If one must use cliches, pick fun ones.

Why does the word 'I' appear in almost all of your sentences? Are you an introvert, or just dull? It wouldn't hurt if we saw more variation, instead of "I saw this. I think that. I want to do this." Plus those bullet points are just nauseating and reek of S. Why so STJ?

And please, for the love of all things holy and divine and sacred, 'narcistic' is not a word, just as 'concider' or 'orientaded' or 'practise' are not words. This alone should lead to your NT license being revoked. Use a dictionary next time, so you don't insult others with your stupidity.

Tut tut. Now now Bowden, don't be an arse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

As I said in my earlier post, English is not my first language. And an online forum is not an English test. I use the language as well as I can: it's not perfect, but I believe it is understandable. How many languages do you speak and write perfect?
And I would also love to know what your type is?

Zinette: Thank you, that was a helpful observation. And yes, I probably am confusing extraversion with being social. I have thought it through but am not sure what the difference is.
+ I will check out the "Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes"

EDIT: I'm a bit confused now. I took the test and got the ISFP. I'm trying to be open-minded about it but it just doesn't seem right. For example the child isfp is characterised as following:

• The ISFP baby really is a “cherub” smiling a lot early on
no way. I never smiled a lot.

• The ISFP will like some alone time but will happily play with anyone who wants to most of the time
umm. I had one best friends in elementary school. thats about it.

• This “type” child will cry more than some others…especially if yelled at, responding to loud noises, if they think they are being criticized
i never cried in public

• For the adolescent ISFP school is fun…that may be about it….they may underachieve academically due to this
i never underachieve unless there is no point in achieving

• The adolescent ISFP may struggle with long range planning, college, career, etc more than some others
never. Long range planning, followind through withy plans and being independent has always been easy for me. That's the thing I'm best at.

it just doesn't fit. Makes me think I should forget this theory and find out who I am by other means. Or get someone professional to test me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would follow the advice of others and take a cognitive functions test.
By simply stating "I am this way" etc etc, focus more on how you think.
Type is dictated, in my opinion, by how people think, not always what they do.
There are too many variations, however with thinking processes, it narrows it down.

Take the test Zinnette posted and see what you come up with.
You should get three choices, I would only pay attention to the first two, and work it out from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Troisi: I would like to have some privacy and not tell my nationality but I can say I come from Europe. I don't think this theory is very known in my country at all. At least my psychology techer knew nothing about it..
I think I will read a book and do some reacearch in this and then I will understand it better.

I think the tests work even worse for me than other people because I am not always completely sure what is being asked.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Troisi: I would like to have some privacy and not tell my nationality but I can say I come from Europe. I don't think this theory is very known in my country at all. At least my psychology techer knew nothing about it..
I think I will read a book and do some reacearch in this and then I will understand it better.

I think the tests work even worse for me than other people because I am not always completely sure what is being asked.
No problem, I understand. I had some thoughts in mind that might direct you towards a better understanding of MBTI. I'll write them out as soon as work settles down and my headache goes away.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
You sound like an ENTJ to me.

Keep in mind that while you have the formula to be able to lead/manage others, doesn't mean you are good at it, or even want to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.