Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last June, I was introduced to my MBTI as ENFP because my INTJ room mate read the test to me, and I answered as I would any oral test. I took the test twice in this method, then I took it while I was reading the words myself. All three times, I received the result of ENFP. This didn't bother me at all, because I was happy with it and I related to it well.

I just took the test through the same site that I took it with last June, and my result is an INTP. I took it again, just to be sure, and I got the same result with another site. This slightly confuses me, because I still generally act like an ENFP, but I'm finding myself thinking and reacting more like and INTP. For example, I would have loved to get a job that involved talking with people and communicating vocally. Now that I have a job like that, I'm finding that I in fact do prefer to communicate through text. It allows me to think more clearly and to word my sentences correctly. Another reason I'm beginning to think that this might actually be accurate is that I'm constantly catching myself getting a little colder around people. I can understand feelings and what other people are trying to say, but I'm finding it harder to actually be as empathetic as I used to be.

I'm not sure how this is reflective of my growth, but I do believe that it is accurate to a point. Some things are off a bit, but I want to know what you guys think. From what those that know me have seen, from what my pictures/videos and posts show, what do you think it is?

I'm just curious to see what people say. This should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The less social I become, the more often I get INTP. I think it's what ENFPs' withdrawal mode looks like to tests. :) Still, the functions are different. Take this test and see how you score on every function. That might give you some idea of what you actually are.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thabk you, Lullaby. I'll be sure to do that when I'm actually awake enough to think straight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts