Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Can you please forgive him? He did say the ending date for Plural is anywhere between 2013 and 2018. I also forgive California Kid,sensation and etc. Well that is his opinion.
I just don't understand why a 50-year old could be so unhealthily obsessed with gatekeeping people who are 3 decades younger than him (He did say somewhere on r/GenX that he was born in 1969). You'd think he'd have better things to do than troll people on the Internet.

I just don't understand why a 50-year old could be so unhealthily obsessed with gatekeeping people who are 3 decades younger than him (He did say somewhere on r/GenX that he was born in 1969). You'd think he'd have better things to do than troll people on the Internet.
I am alright to be Early Z.Just let him say anything.If Pew did change the ending date for Millennials,then let it be.

Can you please forgive him? He did say the ending date for Plural is anywhere between 2013 and 2018. I also forgive California Kid,sensation and etc. Well that is his opinion.
I think he was born in 1996 instead of 1969 since he's so obsessed with 1996 and 1997 born's are totally different generation

So according to Michael69, a pair of twin would be totally different generation if twin A born in December 31,1996 11.59 pm while twin B born in January 1,1997 12.00 am although the latter only a minute younger than the former

Twin A would remember 9/11 while twin
B wouldn't remember 9/11 according to Michael69

Ah, yes. Those Boomers love lumping us mid-late 90s babies with elementary and middle school kids, don't they? We'll always be considered "kids" to them because of the 30+ year age gap.
The older boomers consider the younger boomers to be kids, lol!
Generally, older people do consider people younger than themselves to be kids.
It makes the older people feel younger.
And it makes them happy.
:ball:

I think he was born in 1996 instead of 1969 since he's so obsessed with 1996 and 1997 born's are totally different generation

So according to Michael69, a pair of twin would be totally different generation if twin A born in December 31,1996 11.59 pm while twin B born in January 1,1997 12.00 am although the latter only a minute younger than the former

Correction: According to him, someone born August 31st, 1996 is completely different to someone born September 1st, 1996 because one was in the C/O 2014 and the other was in the C/O 2015. The latter would also not remember things until the late 2000s due to "post-9/11 overprotective parenting" that supposedly caused them to form memories much later. This bizarre theory is not only baseless but completely bogus.

https://i.redd.it/7w2gp07sxib31.png

Correction: According to him, someone born August 31st, 1996 is completely different to someone born September 1st, 1996 because one was in the C/O 2014 and the other was in the C/O 2015. The latter would also not remember things until the late 2000s due to "post-9/11 overprotective parenting" that supposedly caused them to form memories much later. This bizarre theory is not only baseless but completely bogus.

Well...I think what we can do is just ignore him LOL

Dude shut up. You always complain about how I consider people born in 1996 to a lot different than people born in 1997 and how people born in 1997 and 1998 are not Gen Z.Get over it already. A very large majority of people agree that anyone born after 1996 is fully, unquestionably Gen Z.

Well...I think what we can do is just ignore him LOL
I can only ignore him for so long. His spamming is more annoying than it is ridiculous. Every time I've responded with counterpoints in the past, he simply ignores them all. What exactly is the point of posting the same thing every month or so anyway?

Dare I say, he sounds a lot like Donald Trump.

you can not base your identity on your corresponding "generation" determined by some deplorable nutcase who believes that society is divided by birthdate
Tbh I see it as just another way to divide people apart, this time based on age. They do this all in the name of marketing. The companies will want to cut a generation short because they need a new "young/hip/cool/fresh" demographic to appeal to. If they can't do that, they can't make a profit and their company goes bankrupt. It's like trying to fix something that isn't broken.

They should just divide gens up by decades of birth like they do in China (Post-80s, post-90s, post-00s, etc).

Tbh I see it as just another way to divide people apart, this time based on age. They do this all in the name of marketing. The companies will want to cut a generation short because they need a new "young/hip/cool/fresh" demographic to appeal to. If they can't do that, they can't make a profit and their company goes bankrupt. It's like trying to fix something that isn't broken.

They should just divide gens up by decades of birth like they do in China (Post-80s, post-90s, post-00s, etc).
Ermm We are Gen Z because We would be the last Generation to have witness the current life and situation or life and situation in 2010s(1st January 2010 to 31st December 2019) before future which is 2020 happen

As you know I am a Pentecostal/Evangelical charismatic Christian and a supporter of President of United States of America,President Trump or Donald John Trump, Does anybody know Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj? He is a Christian who has the gift of prophecy. And in 2010,He predicted that there will be a tsunami in Japan.And it did happen in 2011.And he predict that 2020 is a year where you could see the world turn into cashless society.So if you say we are not Gen Z,then what Generations are we? Younger Millennials whom The Early,Mid,Late 1980s, Early and Mid 1990s born babies do not want us to be.So if you want us to be Late Millennials, Can you please inform Pew about it because bjoh249,Michael69,Scoobyscoob and INFPsyche would not agree with you that they see us those who were born from(1st January 1997-31st December 1998) as an Early Gen Z.If you move the 1981 born babies to Gen X,They would say Why are we different from 1982 born babies? You have to tell them why are they different from each other? And if you move 2000 born babies(1st January 2000-31st December 2000) to Millennials,They would say why are they different from 2001 born babies?We can never ever agree with the ending date for Generation X, Millennials and Plurals.We have to be objectives about it.

Oxford Living Dictionaries describes a millennial as "a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century."[35]

Pew Research Center has observed that "ecause generations are analytical constructs, it takes time for popular and expert consensus to develop as to the precise boundaries that demarcate one generation from another."[36][37] The Pew Research Center defines millennials as born from 1981 to 1996, choosing these dates for "key political, economic and social factors", including the September 11th terrorist attacks, the Great Recession, and the Internet explosion. Pew indicated they would remain open to date recalibration.[38] Many major media outlets have cited Pew's definition for the date range of millennials, including Time magazine,[39] The Washington Post,[40], Reuters[41], Business Insider[42], The New York Times[43], and The Wall Street Journal.[44]

Jonathan Rauch, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, wrote for The Economist in 2018 that "generations are squishy concepts", but the 1981 to 1996 birth cohort is a "widely accepted" definition for millennials.[45] The American Psychological Association describes millennials as those born between the years 1981 and 1996,[46] as does the Federal Reserve Board,[47] and Ernst and Young.[48] The birth years of 1981 to 1996 have been used to define millennials by PBS,[49] CBS,[50] ABC Australia,[51] The Washington Post,[52] The Washington Times,[53] and The Los Angeles Times.[54]

Gallup Inc.,[55][56][57] MSW Research,[58], the Resolution Foundation use 1980–1996,[59] PricewaterhouseCoopers has used 1981 to 1995,[60] and Nielsen Media Research has defined millennials as between 21 and 37 years old in 2018.[61] The United States Chamber of Commerce, a business-oriented lobbying group,[62] uses 1980–1999.[63] In 2014, U.S PIRG described millennials as those born between 1983 and 2000.[64][65][66] The United States Census Bureau used the birth years 1982 to 2000 in a 2015 news release to describe millennials,[67] but they have stated that "there is no official start and end date for when millennials were born"[68] and they do not define millennials.[69][70][71]

Australia's McCrindle Research uses 1980–1994 as Generation Y birth years.[72]

In his 2008 book The Lucky Few: Between the Greatest Generation and the Baby Boom, author Elwood Carlson used the term "New Boomers" to describe this cohort. He identified the birth years of 1983–2001, based on the upswing in births after 1983 and finishing with the "political and social challenges" that occurred after the September 11th terrorist acts.[12] Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe define millennials as born between 1982–2004.[1] However, Howe described the dividing line between millennials and the following Generation Z as "tentative", saying "you can’t be sure where history will someday draw a cohort dividing line until a generation fully comes of age".[73]

Individuals born in the Generation X and millennial cusp years of the late 1970s and early to mid 1980s have been identified as a "microgeneration" with characteristics of both generations.[74] Names given to these "cuspers" include Xennials,[75] Generation Catalano,[76] and the Oregon Trail Generation.[77]

I used to think that I am Millennials before but I am okay to be Early Generation Z or Plural right now.

As you know I am a Pentecostal/Evangelical charismatic Christian and a supporter of President of United States of America,President Trump or Donald John Trump, Does anybody know Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj? He is a Christian who has the gift of prophecy. And in 2010,He predicted that there will be a tsunami in Japan.And it did happen in 2011.And he predict that 2020 is a year where you could see the world turn into cashless society.So if you say we are not Gen Z,then what Generations are we? Younger Millennials whom The Early,Mid,Late 1980s, Early and Mid 1990s born babies do not want us to be.So if you want us to be Late Millennials, Can you please inform Pew about it because bjoh249,Michael69,Scoobyscoob and INFPsyche would not agree with you that they see us those who were born from(1st January 1997-31st December 1998) as an Early Gen Z.If you move the 1981 born babies to Gen X,They would say Why are we different from 1982 born babies? You have to tell them why are they different from each other? And if you move 2000 born babies(1st January 2000-31st December 2000) to Millennials,They would say why are they different from 2001 born babies?We can never ever agree with the ending date for Generation X, Millennials and Plurals.We have to be objectives about it.
Interestingly, the US Census Bureau starts the Millennials at 1982. The origin of the term "Millennial" was in 1987, when the public began to notice the connection of 1982 babies to the new Millennium as they entered Kindergarten that year. They were going to be the first to graduate high school in the new Millennium, aka the year 2000 (Though technically, the new Millennium began in 2001, not 2000, since there was no year 0 on the calendar). Although, 1981 is a good starting point as well, as they were the first to graduate high school after the Columbine school shooting in 1999, arguably the first Millennial defining moment. 2000 would be a good starting point for Gen Z (Although it would also be the least controversial one for sure) as they were the first who graduated after the Parkland shooting, arguably Z's first defining moment. Kind of interesting that both generations' first defining moments were school shootings.

Don't listen to Michael69, he's just a troll.

Interestingly, the US Census Bureau starts the Millennials at 1982. The origin of the term "Millennial" was in 1987, when the public began to notice the connection of 1982 babies to the new Millennium as they entered Kindergarten that year. They were going to be the first to graduate high school in the new Millennium, aka the year 2000 (Though technically, the new Millennium began in 2001, not 2000, since there was no year 0 on the calendar). Although, 1981 is a good starting point as well, as they were the first to graduate high school after the Columbine school shooting in 1999, arguably the first Millennial defining moment. 2000 would be a good starting point for Gen Z (Although it would also be the least controversial one for sure) as they were the first who graduated after the Parkland shooting, arguably Z's first defining moment. Kind of interesting that both generations' first defining moments were school shootings.

Don't listen to Michael69, he's just a troll.
Millennials, also known as Generation Y (or simply Gen Y), are the demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years. Millennials are sometimes referred to as "echo boomers" due to a major surge in birth rates in the 1980s and 1990s, and because millennials are often the children of the baby boomers. The characteristics of millennials vary by region and by individual, and the group experiences a variety of social and economic conditions, but they are generally marked by their coming of age in the Information Age, and are comfortable in their usage of digital technologies and social media.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.