Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just broke up with my gf and the reason was i caught her out sitting (wasnt holding hands etc, just sitting but still, she did not even informed me before goin out) with someone else at 12pm in the night
im not like loving her, even during the relationship i was thinking bout breaking up, but after i broke up her, cant stop thinking how she can do this to me... how i can overcome my ego seriously... it was a 2 years old relationship btw
have u been in similar sit. and how did u overcome guys?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ive just broke up with my gf and the reason was i caught her out sitting (wasnt holding hands etc, just sitting but still, she did not even informed me before goin out) with someone else at 12pm in the night
im not like loving her, even during the relationship i was thinking bout breaking up, but after i broke up her, cant stop thinking how she can do this to me... how i can overcome my ego seriously... it was a 2 years old relationship btw
have u been in similar sit. and how did u overcome guys?
@Zeus, this made me worry for you. I have a few questions for you to consider. You don't owe me answers, but I believe that you owe yourself the answers:
- What do you actually know for certain about the situation? (To my baby Te it is "my gf was sitting with someone at midnight" + "my gf doing this upsets me deeply" because that's all the factual info you provided ... my apologies if I have missed a nugget, Te is my weakest non-shadow function).
- What story do the facts lead you to tell yourself?
- What source are you using to fill in the blanks of your knowledge gap?
- Is that source trustworthy?
- Did your gf know/understand the story that you might tell yourself if you observed her behaviour? Or were you expecting her to intuit/figure it out/somehow understand your individual moral code (Fi) requirements on her own?

Why do I highlight these things to you, instead of explaining what may/may not be in her mind? Because you have no control over what she or anyone else thinks or how they behave. You only have control over what you think/do. In my experience, if you spend your time trying to out-think or out-manoeuvre your romantic interests, you may end up frustrating the both of you, for no good reason.

If you don't care about the girl, please, don't twist yourself up needlessly. You and she were a sub-optimal fit ... end of story. But if you are concerned because you have identified a trend/pattern of behaviour ... well ... the person you have the most factual info about is yourself. As you are an ENTJ, I am trusting that you will see the benefit of investigating the pool of knowledge that contains the most data.

My apologies if I seem insensitive to your pain and confusion ... that is not my intent. I am giving you the help that my ENTJ SO would value from me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts