Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't where to start but I do know I'm going to come off highly unstable or something. But what the hell here goes. I have an inability to trust any member of the human species. It's not a trust issue, it's a total lack of confidence in anything that is human. It's not as if I've had some horrific experience with people to be suffering some kind of PST. It's just been a lifetime of observing people unfailingly being crap. They backstab each other, they lie to each other, they say one thing and they do another. And most alarmingly of all, anyone will shit all over another human if they think they will benefit from it. I simply do not trust the species because of the way the species behaves.

So what's triggered this? Well I was sent away by my work on an overnight trip I cannot avoid, sent about as far away from home as it's possible to get. And what else? Of course those are the exact days my landlords decide the property inspection must be done. When I am not there. Okay, so far doesn't sound too big a deal except my pets are at home. And I've just spent the last 4 days stressing out that I am going to come home to dead pets. Why would I think this? Because people are untrustworthy and rubbish and would my landlords care if my pets got out of the house while they were rifling through my things? I doubt it. Would they make any effort at all to recover my pets? Most likely not. They would decide (based on my observation of human behaviour) that it's no big deal I can fix it when I get home.

Why do I have so little faith in these particular people? Because they have already proven to me that they lie, enter my home whenever they think it's convenient for them and have on 11 separate occassions violated my privacy in fairly significant ways. They are creepy as all hell and I cannot right now get out of the lease.

I'm just resenting so much that they are in my life, that they have chosen the one weekend I cannot be there to invade my privacy, life and put the things dear to me at risk. I hate the fact I have anything at all to do with them. And it's freaking me out they are anywhere near the property when I am not home.

Kay its off my chest now. :kitteh:

·
Spam-I-am
14,076 Posts
it's all a part of being INTJ
we believe in actions and not words, i trust absolutely no one
humans as a system are programed to lie, cheat, steal etc
they make errors and are untrustworthy, yet people wonder why we never ''open up''
or share private information with them

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
@InSolitude

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. It sounds awful. I do not tend to trust many people either, but it is particularly aggravating when others you cannot trust interfere with the spheres of your life you can usually control, like your pets and your home.

By chance, is there anyone you trust who you could ask to be present at your home while you cannot? I have a friend who often housesits. I am sure a little money would be worth the peace of mind.

I do think it's true that everyone is essentially programmed to fail one another, but there are other times when people deviate from the norm in the other direction. Sometimes people are capable of incredible kindnesses, of generosity, of warmth, of acceptance. It does not make up for the harm, but it does leave room for hope. And I do find that sometimes even people who do not care for people have a soft spot for animals.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You don't sound all that unstable. I find it remarkable of you to open up about these kinds of feelings, really. I'm not as distrustful of people, but I can feel where this is coming from. But you should be careful with your train of thought. If you'll expect of people to behave badly, they probably will. You should keep your eyes open for good people, because they're definitely there. Keep cool InSolitude.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hallo INTJ sister, join the INTJ forum, you'll probably find somebody worth trusting, I btw am an INTP and I see your arguments as very valid indeed. The human species has a lot of functional properties, which really only has a function for a lot of misery, though development is necessary( for us ) many cannot find the way for that development.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, you're very tolerant of my rant, and very kind as well. So how's the full solar eclipse treating everyone else? :crazy:

I got home this morning to kitties who are alive and well, and as naughty as ever. They've been with me for a decade and are my only family, both are getting on now (13 & 15yrs old) and I'm not dealing with the possibility of looming mortality for my closest friends well. I freak out at the thought of them no longer being here, and I know I'll have to face that someday. Just not today. :kitteh: They were both rescues, one from a kill shelter and the other from a breeder, who had her returned several years after adoption. I could not have found a more perfect pair if I tried. I don't even want to think about them not being in my life. :crying:

Good suggestion with the housesitter too.

I've been saving like mad to get us a home, so we can be stable with no fear of eviction. It's incredibly hard to find rentals that accept pets here. I've been lucky so far but there is just no way I'd ever give up on these two no matter what happened. We need our own place though. They need a garden of their own and a place to call home.

·
Registered
31,261 Posts
One day, you will become one of them and you will not care so much. That is the ultimate advice of an therapist. Do not care so much, moving on is inevitable. It is a necessity, a pesticide to all emotions and all opinions. Kill them, then plant new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts