Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to contact a counsellor but she didn't reply. And now i have no hope in anything. The things that used to excite don't matter to me anymore. You already know about my parents. There is still tension in the house. They aren't talking to each other. And I have no hope in any solution, advice or therapy. I am praying for them, and that's the last hope left. I am getting so tensed due to all this. I keep getting angry at my parents because they aren't talking to each other. And also i get angry at my brothers. They again and again irritate me. Taking advices on board, i e-mailed a counsellor but they didn't reply to me. Here, I don't go outside my home that's why I can't go to seek any counsellor offline. Also i don't have any savings so can't afford the paid counsellor online. I just can't talk about this tension to anyone in my house. I know they won't take me seriously.

Sent from my ASUS_X01AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ISFP
2,155 Posts
When did this all begin? Do you know what started this?

Has anything like this happened in the past?

·
Registered
INTP
3,841 Posts
Maybe you can't get expert help right now, but there are online peer support groups you can join for free. There are groups for children of alcoholics (I don't know if that applies to you). Or an online group called TeenTribe might be helpful.

Whatever understanding you have of your problem, try googling it (e.g., "online group teen depression," or "online discussion can't cope").

But be aware that different groups (even those addressing the same problem) have different philosophies, methods, etc. So if one doesn't suit you, keep looking until you find the right one.

I wish you luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When did this all begin? Do you know what started this?

Has anything like this happened in the past?
Yes, the arguments between have been happening since the very beginning but that time i wasn't able to identify the ffect it had on me. Now that I'm 16, I can actually say it is kinda affecting my mental health.

What would you say to a friend in your position?
I haven't really thought of this but i guess, i would tell her to be patient and not focus on the arguments. But i got you, your aim was to make me realise that's what i should do ,right? i know.
____

Thank you so much all. I am much better now. But sometimes it gets worse, I really don't focus on them but when two people aren't even ready to look at the face of each other, it's hard to ignore the tension in the house hence i feel weak. I start to get those weird feelings in my heart area. I have already joined many supporting groups online and even 7cups and i guess, they are kinda encouraging me.

Sent from my ASUS_X01AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ISFP
2,155 Posts
@1imaan1
This probably isn’t the easiest thing to do but I believe one of the best things you can do is enjoy yourself.

Not sure what that means for you, but dare to rock the boat with genuine laughter and have fun at the expense of their fake peace. Life is short, so don’t let them ruin it for you. Be better than them. You’re young, but the sooner you take charge of your life the better.

Although, I can be radical at times. Still, the lack of conflict isn’t gonna fix anything. It just avoids the inevitable. A divided family isn’t the end. Your actions alone, however, “drastic” would have never been to blame. Its the fault of the adults, not you.

So I say again, enjoy yourself. However you can. Let their problems be their problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts