Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People on here attack my homeland...and I can't defend them. Trying would be pointless and a waste of time. They are so set in their ways of thought that any attempt to defend my homeland would be met with calls of not caring about human rights and stuff.

I want to defend it so bad but I know that doing so will just get me hated on this forum, and will win me only enemies, no friends.

I can't deal with politics. They just hurt me too much because I can do nothing to change people's opinion of my home. A country I could get citizenship to in less than 3 months if I chose to.

I just can't deal with it. I can't deal with what I feel like is obvious (though is not to some people and maybe I'm wrong about) and not being able to defend it because I don't feel like getting into a conflict that is unwinnable for me because people don't want to have their minds changed

It's like people like to sit and bicker for hours on end instead of working towards a solution. I just can't deal with it. Why is there so much fucking hatred. Why can't people just get along. I know I used to get involved with the political threads but I realized it's not worth it.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is your homeland? What are some of the things you like about it that you wish others could see?
I'm afraid to even go into it on here...for some people, it seems even the name makes them angry.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm afraid to even go into it on here...for some people, it seems even the name makes them angry.
Well, if so much as seeing the name of a place makes them angry, they sound petty and close-minded. I understand though. I avoid certain political and debate topics that are quite personal to me like the plague. At some point I realized that it was causing me excessive stress to the point that it was negatively interfering with my everyday life. I appreciate differing points of view when they are eloquent, respectful, and well-spoken; however, I've since learned that most people on the internet are none of those 3 things.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if so much as seeing the name of a place makes them angry, they sound petty and close-minded. I understand though. I avoid certain political and debate topics that are quite personal to me like the plague. At some point I realized that it was causing me excessive stress to the point that it was negatively interfering with my everyday life. I appreciate differing points of view when they are eloquent, respectful, and well-spoken; however, I've since learned that most people on the internet are none of those 3 things.
Most people are not eloquent, respectful, or willing to have their mind. It affects me very negatively.

It feels so awful to want to defend my people but not have the fucking balls to do it because I'm too afraid of having people mad at me.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Most people are not eloquent, respectful, or willing to have their mind. It affects me very negatively.

It feels so awful to want to defend my people but not have the fucking balls to do it because I'm too afraid of having people mad at me.
Sometimes it isn't about "lacking the balls," but needing a satisfactory break. Too much negativity becomes overwhelming. I would recommend taking a step back for a while to replenish your zen before trying to step back into the arena. At least in my case, I have noticed that reserving my "debate" energy for the places that need it the most works out the best. For example, you can observe that some people just straight up aren't even worth engaging because they're obvious trolls who only want to get a rise out of you and not actually have a real conversation. Save your time and energy there, and then you'll have it for the times when you see someone who might actually be willing to listen. Chances are the latter kind of person won't be angry at you anyway. (Though sometimes I feel like an attack on my opinions is an attack on my self, and it's been difficult to separate the two sometimes, but it's a learned skill.) Hopefully that is helpful at all!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
People on here attack my homeland...and I can't defend them. Trying would be pointless and a waste of time. They are so set in their ways of thought that any attempt to defend my homeland would be met with calls of not caring about human rights and stuff.
Perhaps the best thing to do is not get involved in such threads? Why engage in discussions you know are pointless and a waste of time? There's nothing wrong with not wanting to deal with controversial debates on the Internet, especially if it's going to have a negative impact on your health/sanity.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sometimes it isn't about "lacking the balls," but needing a satisfactory break. Too much negativity becomes overwhelming. I would recommend taking a step back for a while to replenish your zen before trying to step back into the arena. At least in my case, I have noticed that reserving my "debate" energy for the places that need it the most works out the best. For example, you can observe that some people just straight up aren't even worth engaging because they're obvious trolls who only want to get a rise out of you and not actually have a real conversation. Save your time and energy there, and then you'll have it for the times when you see someone who might actually be willing to listen. Chances are the latter kind of person won't be angry at you anyway. (Though sometimes I feel like an attack on my opinions is an attack on my self, and it's been difficult to separate the two sometimes, but it's a learned skill.) Hopefully that is helpful at all!
It's all negativity. It's the same reason I don't watch the news. They feed off the negativity and spread it out by satellite and fiber optics...I can't stand it. Why can't they show something positive for once?

It's sad because I don't think these people are trolls. I think they're serious. That's the worst part.

I too feel like an attack on my opinions can be an attack on myself, sometimes.

Perhaps the best thing to do is not get involved in such threads? Why engage in discussions you know are pointless and a waste of time? There's nothing wrong with not wanting to deal with controversial debates on the Internet, especially if it's going to have a negative impact on your health/sanity.
I don't. It's just that on TapATalk, there's no way to ignore subforums, so I'll see threads talking about the stuff when I look in unread and there's simply no way to avoid them. I wish I could. I love the people on here and my only gripe is there's no fucking way to just block the politics and debate forum. :(

Another issue is I feel I have a duty to defend my people, but I simply don't have the mental willpower to do so.

·
Registered
15,130 Posts

I want to defend it so bad but I know that doing so will just get me hated on this forum, and will win me only enemies, no friends.

I can't deal with politics. They just hurt me too much because I can do nothing to change people's opinion of my home. A country I could get citizenship to in less than 3 months if I chose to.

I just can't deal with it. I can't deal with what I feel like is obvious (though is not to some people and maybe I'm wrong about) and not being able to defend it because I don't feel like getting into a conflict that is unwinnable for me because people don't want to have their minds changed

It's like people like to sit and bicker for hours on end instead of working towards a solution. I just can't deal with it. Why is there so much fucking hatred. Why can't people just get along. I know I used to get involved with the political threads but I realized it's not worth it.
I’m mad when they attack your home land- think I mentioned before but 2 of my exes were Jewish and so are many of my close friends- teaches /mentors - students etc

Yeah current events tends to get a rise out of me and people in here can be really mean and racist - believe me I’ve made many post about anti racism and sexism yet there are many members in here who attacks me for not being racist - or that my race is inferior to theirs it’s absurd

No don’t give up just yet - I post articles and debate still bc many times people don’t read the news - know exactly what’s going on around the world and those idiots needs to be educated. However as a person who posted a lot about politics- I understand the disappointment and astonishment of how many narrow minded people there is out there in this world

I think you’re brave for posting this - and feel free to talk politics/history with me at anytime - I’ll always listen - through here or discord :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,408 Posts

You need hugs, mate?

Who's attacking your promised land, i wonder. If anything i would like to hear more of your people are like you, open in discussing this "intricate dispute" which already span thousands of years.

It could only be solved by discussion, imho, breaking the barriers between -ism. Couldn't be any other way so just embrace yourself. YNWA.

Sent sans PC

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m mad when they attack your home land- think I mentioned before but 2 of my exes were Jewish and so are many of my close friends- teaches /mentors - students etc

Yeah current events tends to get a rise out of me and people in here can be really mean and racist - believe me I’ve made many post about anti racism and sexism yet there are many members in here who attacks me for not being racist - or that my race is inferior to theirs it’s absurd

No don’t give up just yet - I post articles and debate still bc many times people don’t read the news - know exactly what’s going on around the world and those idiots needs to be educated. However as a person who posted a lot about politics- I understand the disappointment and astonishment of how many narrow minded people there is out there in this world

I think you’re brave for posting this - and feel free to talk politics/history with me at anytime - I’ll always listen - through here or discord :)

There is so many narrow minded people. People talk with expertise on subjects they don't have a lick of knowledge in...hell, I'm sadly guilty of this too, though I'm getting better. Huh...what is it about Jews that you like so much? Rather random

You need hugs, mate?

Who's attacking your promised land, i wonder. If anything i would like to hear more of your people are like you, open in discussing this "intricate dispute" which already span thousands of years.

It could only be solved by discussion, imho, breaking the barriers between -ism. Couldn't be any other way so just embrace yourself. YNWA.

Sent sans PC
Yes, I could use a hug.

There is no discussion because people have made up their mind, sadly.

One thing you might like is the Tom Clancy book The Sum of All Fears...it covers an incident in Israel that leads to an international solution supported by the Vatican, Israel, Saudi Arabia and the U.S. it's a very good idea. You might like it. The book is at least 20 years old, but still one of my favorites.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
I think it’s very important to face the history of your own country. I do. I think it’s important to realize what each country has done wrong or right.

These lines we draw for countries... the lines are all arbitrary. I have a more global view and I face human rights atrocities full on like I think everyone should. If we don’t, then we can expect no improvement for our future as humans on planet earth because we will still just be drawing lines in the sand and using them to justify war.

I also take a “I don't care how the litter got here, but clean up the playground now” approach. I might not have littered, but now it’s my responsibility and everyone’s responsibility to clean up because we use this playground, you know?

·
Registered
15,130 Posts
There is so many narrow minded people. People talk with expertise on subjects they don't have a lick of knowledge in...hell, I'm sadly guilty of this too, though I'm getting better. Huh...what is it about Jews that you like so much? Rather random

Yes, I could use a hug.

There is no discussion because people have made up their mind, sadly.

One thing you might like is the Tom Clancy book The Sum of All Fears...it covers an incident in Israel that leads to an international solution supported by the Vatican, Israel, Saudi Arabia and the U.S. it's a very good idea. You might like it. The book is at least 20 years old, but still one of my favorites.
Not much of what I like about Jews so much - but bc I grew up in an area that had a large population of Jewish Americans ( hence close people to me in my life are that race )
many of my teachers and professors are Jewish ( I love my teachers ) hence I’m more in tune with the culture :)

but I enjoy your sense of humor - the history and traditions, and how your people still keep your language after losing your country for 2 thousand years is quite impressive

I’m Vietnamese American ( my father is a famous historian/philosopher) and not many people of my own race understand origin or history ( due to war and being dominated under China for 1000 years - the French for 200- the VN war) so in a sense I relate through bonding about history abd cultural discussions- I have a deep interest in learning about different cultures and sharing what I know about mine:)

Hugs

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
My country has done much wrong, but get so much undeserved hate. BUT People don't realize that people from the other country walk across the border and literallyhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itamar_attack?wprov=sfla1]slit the throat of 4 people and decapitate a 3-month old infant. it's like people forget this. It's like people forget that Hamas literally cheers on baseless violence against the Israelis like this bus bombing in Jerusalem. Mosques in Palestine literally cheered it on over their fucking loudspeakers and Hamas (the de-facto governing body of Palestine) praised it publically.)

How is that the actions of a state that just wants "peace". They don't want peace. They want to slaughter Israelis. It truly is so obvious that it pains me to see so many college students actually support them. They want nothing less than the full destruction of Israel. If Israel wanted to destroy Palestine, they would have already. It would not be difficult.

People also don't realize that Israel's military uses more precision than almost any military to avoid the death of civilians. The Israeli military literally drops leaflets on locations that will be bombed to warn civilians to leave the area. What other country does that?

What about the fact that Hamas literally uses schools, hospitals, and mosques to store rockets that they launch at Israeli civilians. How do people not realize this? How do people just ignore this and act like the Israelis are barbarians? How? I truly don't understand the logic. I truly fear for the day that the hatred of Israel gets bad enough that countries start seriously supporting Hamas, because Israel won't exist for very long after that.

My country (USA) has done a lot of harm, especially the genocide and displacement of Native Americans.

Do you wonder if you are hearing a 1-sided message about what has to be done to fix problems and about who is getting hurt and about who should be able to defend themselves? Also regular Palestinians who are not part of Hamas are suffering. Does it need to be this way? Is there another way?

I liked this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jj8vne0ca0

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Llyralen I'm going to edit the politics out of my posts. I don't want to turn this into a political thread. I'd greatly appreciate if you would do the same

·
Banned
5,408 Posts
My country has done much wrong, but get so much undeserved hate. BUT People don't realize that people from the other country walk across the border and literallyhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itamar_attack?wprov=sfla1]slit the throat of 4 people and decapitate a 3-month old infant. it's like people forget this. It's like people forget that Hamas literally cheers on baseless violence against the Israelis like this bus bombing in Jerusalem. Mosques in Palestine literally cheered it on over their fucking loudspeakers and Hamas (the de-facto governing body of Palestine) praised it publically.)

How is that the actions of a state that just wants "peace". They don't want peace. They want to slaughter Israelis. It truly is so obvious that it pains me to see so many college students actually support them. They want nothing less than the full destruction of Israel. If Israel wanted to destroy Palestine, they would have already. It would not be difficult.

People also don't realize that Israel's military uses more precision than almost any military to avoid the death of civilians. The Israeli military literally drops leaflets on locations that will be bombed to warn civilians to leave the area. What other country does that?

What about the fact that Hamas literally uses schools, hospitals, and mosques to store rockets that they launch at Israeli civilians. How do people not realize this? How do people just ignore this and act like the Israelis are barbarians? How? I truly don't understand the logic. I truly fear for the day that the hatred of Israel gets bad enough that countries start seriously supporting Hamas, because Israel won't exist for very long after that.
I apologize for my deficiency in the hug department. Haha.

Eh, i don't think it's too hard for you to understand the vicious cycle of hate. You are well equipped for that, you must already know the cause.

https://d2gg9evh47fn9z.cloudfront.net/800px_COLOURBOX5804759.jpg

Sent sans PC

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not much of what I like about Jews so much - but bc I grew up in an area that had a large population of Jewish Americans ( hence close people to me in my life are that race )
many of my teachers and professors are Jewish ( I love my teachers ) hence I’m more in tune with the culture :)

but I enjoy your sense of humor - the history and traditions, and how your people still keep your language after losing your country for 2 thousand years is quite impressive

I’m Vietnamese American ( my father is a famous historian/philosopher) and not many people of my own race understand origin or history ( due to war and being dominated under China for 1000 years - the French for 200- the VN war) so in a sense I relate through bonding about history abd cultural discussions- I have a deep interest in learning about different cultures and sharing what I know about mine:)

Hugs

Know any Yiddish or Farsi?

Our language was actually revived in the late 1800s by Eliezer Ben-Yehuda. It's interesting.

I'm sorry about what was done to your homeland. I still don't understand quite why it happened. I still think all the colonialism was a very bad thing for the world.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts