• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
IS(F)/SiFi ✧ 9w1-4w3-?w? sx/so ✧ AP: FEVL(1132) ✧ PY: ELFV(1444)
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that my type changes depend on the time (I know it's impossible), and it's difficult to decide on one. I'm asking for help in deciding on my type.

I think I'm either ENFP or ISFP. I don't think I'm INFP or ESFP. I feel like ISFP in my daily social life and like ENFP when I'm super excited.
My Enneagram type is 4w3 and my Attitudinal Psyche type is probably FELV.

Type me based on questionnaire and some supplements!

I use a translator, so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes in the subject, nuances, spelling, or other though I'm doubly watchful.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm a 19 years old female. I was diagnosed with autism.

I grew up in an overprotective family. And even now I almost need parental permission when I go out or buy something, and it's not easy for me to actively do them. I have very little life experience compared to people of my age. One of the reasons is that I don't have enough money to do them.
Perhaps I have ADHD. I am scolded daily for carelessness and am considered immature. It's very painful for me and hard for me to be confident.
I was terribly unhealthy between 2019-2021. I refused to go to school because of numerous relationship problems (bullying, betrayal, loneliness), and I was heavily angry, crying, and binge eating at home. I asked a doctor then, but I've never been diagnosed with a mental illness.
Now I'm not so unhealthy, but I probably have a social fear.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Water Cloud Sky Natural landscape Wood

There is a narrow road and a mountain like a rock. The road is very long... how long does it last? The sky has a very mysterious color. Is it a cloudy sky at dusk? Or is the dark part a staging to make this photo look beautiful? It looks like limb darkening.
It is very impressive that the colors of the left and right seas are different. Is it one of the points the photographer was fascinated and take this? Or is it a coincidence miracle?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

The first thing that comes to mind is asking a repair shop for a car.
"I can't make it in time as it is! Is there any way to fix it right away?"
But I don't want to do that and I want to get to my destination even if I leave my car behind. It would be unreasonable, so I'm pretty impatient. I get so angry to lose the chance to go. On the surface I'm desperate to find the cause, but on the inside I'm in a hurry and not calm. The schedule can't leave my brain even in the situation that I should think about the car.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

It depends on my condition at that time.
I would hesitate a little if I was tired. But it's not easy for me to say no, so I'll join it unless I feel dizzy. I don't want to miss the chance I can do now with this member.
If I'm not tired? "Yes, let's!"

I trust what the driver said. I don't doubt people very much unless I'm unhealthy. (To be honest, I tend to forget to worry about driving at the situation like this unless others talk about it.)

How do you feel about this party? - It sounds fun. Doing something unusual gives me the joy of living though the life of a party makes me tired.
The only concern is whether the food is delicious for me. I'm particular about taste and am not an easy person to try new foods.
Unfortunately I don't have any friends to party with, so this is a what-if scenario.
I'm attracted to the lively atmosphere of parties and festivals, but too many people there overwhelm me and quickly get tired. What I really like is that the party scenery excites me, not the interaction of people at the party. I like to see gorgeous scenery.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

This situation is rare for me. I choose someone who speaks my beliefs. (The exception is temporary dialogue on the Internet.) I'm very nervous to speak honestly about my beliefs in a controversial topic.
I feel uncomfortable, though I know that each person's beliefs are different. I feel like something inside me has been destroyed when my beliefs have been denied. A denial of my beliefs hurt me as much as a denial of myself.
Still I try to understand theirs. I say, "Sure, your point of view is also understandable." Inside, I think about how to finish this topic early. Once denied, I stop talking about mine. Anyway I'm afraid that it will develop into a discord between which beliefs are right. I think it's a wasteful conflict because I believe that all ethics are individual subjectivity and that we never find one truth.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Previous beliefs
- I don't care. It has nothing to do with me now.

Experiences - Whether I am open to new experiences? I like new experiences, if it excites me. I would like to experience many careers during my life as long as I am attracted. One long-term choice is too boring.

Habits - I use familiar methods for me to get things going. Even if a new method is proposed, I can't believe it's better because it's uncertain.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Acceptance -This is my most important belief. I oppose all kinds of discrimination and exclusivity.
Today, many minority people are being treated unfairly. I am one of them. I'm frustrated by those who ask the question like "What type man is your favorite?" or "Haven't you been married yet?"
Same-sex marriage is not allowed in my country. It should change now. Although the constitutional notation is controversial over whether it allows same-sex marriage, I believe that a discriminatory constitution should never exist.
And there are many insulting slang on the internet. Some people use abusive words against people with disabilities. I never forgive them. I've actually urged ableists to stop hate speeches many times. Ableist was tolerated there, so I got a lot of antipathy for disturbing the community, but I still think eliminating discrimination is important.
I do not allow obvious malicious behavior. If it's not clear, I think it's important to know their motives rather than blame them. Complaining about things that aren't clear is just a selfish thought that they want to be a victim. It's important to believe that people are good in nature and trust them.

Freedom - I know many nonsensical rules. They aren't necessary if they exist simply for good motivation for work or study. Each person's motivation is different. It is an individual's disrespect to think that they should be unified by standards.
People shouldn't change "not necessary" to "must not". Those who believe that everything should be ruled are too arrogant. Individual freedom should be respected to the utmost.

How did you come about determining them? - Most of them came from my experience. For example, I believe that animals should not be abandoned triggered by seeing them suffering. I believe that bullying can never be forgiven because bullying hurt me and I heard of many people who had the same painful experience as me.
Hearing the voice of my heart and knowing the honest feelings of people helps to improve the world.

How can they change? - If they impressed me. I am confident in my beliefs and will not change it easily. They need to evocative me to change my beliefs. I don't easily believe just by being told in words or being taught etiquette. I need to feel how good or bad it is. (This is not limited to real life, but also includes videos.)

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

A.
I'm a perfectionist. I concentrate on the work I'm given and often forget about breaks. This makes me tired and nervous, so I don't like to take a lot of responsibility, literally I dislike "a lot of" responsibility. Multitasking confuses me and worsens the quality of each job. I'm not good at ordering, and when I'm tasked with multitasking, I'm too focused on one and the other doesn't end or everything ends halfway. I've never finished my long vacation homework in time. When I was trying to write a study plan for exam, I didn't know how to write, so I left it blank and started studying randomly.
I'm willing to accept a job I am confident about. It's better if high results are required. I was good at drawing, so I took on the job of making posters for the school festival. Others were almost done in an hour, but I wanted it to look like printed matter, so after I got home I got some paint and continued to make until my parent scolded me for staying up late.
I imagine an excellent finished image and strive for it. I need a lot of energy to do that and put things off until I'm ready. I feel bad when I'm told, "Do it right away, you can do it messily." It's revolting to do things in a halfhearted way.

I am not only concerned with my work, but also with my appearance. I have strict standards of clothing preference (color, tone, shape, decoration, impression, etc.). I'm crazy about what makes me look good.
When I was a student, I enjoyed fashion to the fullest within the limits of school rules. I started shaving my eyebrows at the age of 10, developed my own unique hairstyle at the age of 13 (I found that it's called Hime Cut long after), and I was a twin-tailed person between 12-18. I believe in my sensibilities and tend to reject anything that doesn't fit.

B. Being too honest. I dislike to lie, even if it's a flattery. I know it's necessary, but my desire to be honest with myself always disturbs. This is one of the biggest reasons I can't make friends.
Now it's a little settled, but in the old days I was a person who told my values a lot, to show my presence. I am afraid to lose myself by following the entrainment pressure. And since no one can know it just by keeping it inside, I express it in words or actions. I want people to know how I am unique. If the thought or the idea is really amazing, it's not enough to keep it within myself. I'm driven by the desire to share it. I haven't known for a long time that invisible uniquenesses are exist. I've mainly focused on visible traits. The threat that "if I don't express my beliefs, my identity will disappear" sometimes afflicts me. I prefer harmony to conflict, so I wish I hadn't been threatened.
I admire those who believe their uniqueness is worth without showing others.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

They come soon when I see the situation, or unexpectedly.
The former is when I understand what is happening. There are times when I immediately understand what this is like by looking at the surroundings and the reactions of people. I usually believe it and act accordingly. This is not a good ability, but a kind of impulsivity.
The latter is when I find the answer to problems. I usually find the reason with it. If I don't find any reasons, I ponder why the answer is that.
Many of my thinking processes have answers first, and I'm not good at thinking in a logical way. There are many contradictions because I forget what I thought before before drawing any conclusions. I tend to trust what I see rather than words, so I sometimes make a terrible misunderstanding.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

A.
Making things (illustration, music, poem etc), and expressing myself by aesthetic (fashion, makeup, hairstyling etc). This includes daydreaming about them, not just doing. I'm looking for an opportunity to realize my ideals.
I always have an utopia and an ideal-looking self in my head, immersing myself in the fantasy of how wonderful it would be if it really existed.
I like to see artificial flowers and handicraft materials. I'm too poor to buy them, but if I had enough money I would buy as much as I want, and would make the room excellent.
I also like to see clothes. I'm not interested in mundane clothes. I'm really happy when I look at my favorite clothes and imagine myself wearing them. I would be happier if I could actually wear.
I'm interested in creation, and dream of animating the story I have in mind. I'll do it someday in my life. I'll do everything alone. Many would find it impossible. I like to surprise people by accomplishing what everyone believed impossible.

B. Interacting with unfamiliar people, especially when we need solemnity. I have to hide my real self to make a good impression on them. I hate myself for following form-only manners. It's lonely to be psychologically far from them.
I like casual conversations. But society requires us to be very polite to those we meet for the first time. To be honest, I'm sick of it. When I was young enough not to worry about it, I talked to many people and tried to make friends. As an elementary school student, I became friends with kindergarten children and even my friend's mother.
I'm an adult now and I have to be modest to be polite. I'm still young, inexperienced, and I don't know enough about how casual is okay or rude. I like talking to someone to be friends, but talking to those who is unlikely to become intimate is very tiring.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Outward behavior
- Almost everything. I talk a lot on the internet, but in reality I'm not an active person. When I participate in a conversation, I smile silently most of the time. I speak very little. Many would think of me as someone who is silent and doesn't know what I am thinking.
Through my experience, I have learned that overstatement has many disadvantages. It's good to be humble. I don't tell people much until I understand the character of them in detail.

Internal thought process - The thoughts that upset me. I sometimes want to stay in the midst of sadness, but often I don't want it. Especially I'm very afraid to get upset in public.
The past cannot be changed and is full of regret. It's scary to ruminate about what I lost. When I feel that such thoughts are about to overflow, I try to think about other things and ignore my inner self.
It's okay if it happens when I'm alone. But around people, that's exactly what I'm most afraid of. I'm afraid that my honest feelings or beliefs will be asked in face-to-face communication. I know that some of my beliefs violate social norms (still I believe it's the best way to change the world better). I choose when to speak beliefs that are unacceptable to the masses, and hate being persistently asked about it when I don't want to speak. I hate to be read such feelings from my face. I pretend to feel nothing around people.

I test as high Fi and high Ni.

I strongly believe in my own values. However, I don't know my identity as clearly as explanation in articles about Fi. My mood changes very often and is inconsistent at one time and another. How can I explain it in one word? No, I can't.
I don't make value judgments on everything. Since I understand both opinions, I'm often indecisive.
What I haven't changed throughout my life is a strong preference for my appearance. For a long time, I have always emphasized wearing what I want to wear. When choosing a career path, many professions suffered from having a dress code. That limitation is the most annoying to me.
It's very important for me to have a comfortable environment. I am absorbed in my work and often forget about my physical needs, but it is important to decorate my room and listen to confortable musics to motive myself. My clothes are one of them. That is what I mainly call "individuality." When others see me in an undesired way, like a person who looks good in uniform, I'm very uncomfortable and wish I couldn't be seen by anyone. If someone says my bangs are straight when I swept them, I immediately fix and deny it. When I was unhealthy I was untidily dressed. Nonetheless, one person said my outfit was beautiful, so it disturbed my mind. I'm very concerned about how I am seen by others. (It has to fit my ideal self-image.) "Do" and "can" are not the same, so I often button up wrong, but I still care very much.
I'm not as morally obsessed as other Fi users. But I strongly oppose limiting someone meaninglessly, and I can stand up for it. "Respect everyone. Live and let live." (It also means "no discrimination") That's the only strong belief I have.

My Ni makes me jump to the conclusion. I only look at some and guess the whole without checking the details. For example, I saw a quarrel, said immediately "They seem to think that-, right? This can be solved this way," and felt like a hero. This isn't a good ability at all, I can't remember how it worked well. Conflict is not good, so I immediately think I have to solve it when I see it. I'm in trouble with this characteristic. I'm impulsive and I'm not good at waiting.
I think of the need for various things. From an early age, I wondered why etiquette is so important (Isn't the mind more important than form?) and why we have homework (The amount of study required to learn varies from person to person, so it should not be unified.) I'm a hedonist and I hate spending time on boring things without purpose. When I'm told I should do something I don't want to do, I ask why. Those who easily rely me without legitimate purpose are annoying. I'm afraid to be like a convenient tool for someone. I think we should do our own thing as much as possible. On the contrary, if it's for fun, there is no need for a reason. I spend a lot of time objectively wasting time, but satisfying myself is a good reason for me.
I often immerse myself in thinking or daydreaming ignore the reality, so I often hit all over my body and stumble on steps. It's frequent because I'm a restless person, both physically and mentally, who dances while thinking.

I get INFP on most tests, but some of the INFP descriptions don't fit me. When I wasn't familiar with MBTI, I consider myself as INFP and I was often told by other INFPs that "You don't seem INFP."
The biggest difference between me and INFPs is what to do with values. INFPs keep in their mind what they feel. I don't hope it. I talk a lot about it unless I'm nervous. I never want a conflict. I just say to make sure my identity exists. I have no intention of forcing it on people. I just say, "I have a different opinion than everyone else." It's sad for me that no one understands my thoughts and beliefs, so I talk to find someone who can connect with my soul.
Most of the time I don't think before talking to a close friend. I randomly say what I came up with and restate it later. There is no long "hmm" before talking like INFP's friends. I need time to come up with what I say, but I tend to put together while I talk. When I talk to unfamiliar people or superiors, I put my thoughts together before talking.
I don't have much insight into the inside of people. When I want to know what someone is feeling, I ask them directly. I'm not good at insights into the human mind, and believing in anything other than their direct words is very misleading. I believe in their literal words. It sounds like a sensor. But I don't consider myself a perfect sensor because of many unrealistic ideas.

Until now, some have considered me as ENFP. I'm energized by new possibilities and an exciting future. Art and fantasy are great because I can do anything there. I think I'm a little ENFP, but I don't think I'm extroverted. I'm definitely not sociable. It's also difficult for me to maintain a relationship. I have little interest in gossip. I look for interesting things alone firstly, and welcome anyone to follow me secondly. I prefer to be alone rather than coordinating myself to get along with someone.
I'm not confident my social skills. When I'm in the crowd, I feel lonely. It seems that only I am left behind and see from the outside where people communicate on the screen. I'm frustrated that I can't find a way to get involved and I leave there. I don't like socializing. It only strengthens my inferiority complex. I like to be physically alone to not see myself isolated.
I get tired quickly from socializing. I want to join the conversation when I hear something of interest. But long talks exhaust me. I'm very enthusiastic at the beginning of the conversation, and I get tired 10 minutes later. It's difficult for me to use energy moderately. I use too much energy at once. My energy burns out quickly around people. I need to be alone to think. When I'm tired, I need to find a place away from people. I charge the energy there. When I'm around people, I'm distracted and can't relax.

And I'm not as positive as ENFPs. I'm too sentimental. I get hurt easily. It's hard to forget even if it's not a big deal. Still I try to forget about negative emotions. When someone tries to take care of me, I desperately say I'm okay. Focusing it worsens my mental state. Art is an exception. I like dark themed art. I want a strong mental stimulus, but it's unpleasant to come unintentionally.

And more people have considered me as xNFJ because of my overly strong claim of justice. I don't agree that I'm a Fe user. Most of my ethics are not the same as anyone else. They're the results of what I actually felt and thought about. I absolutely value the happiness of each person more than one of the whole. Cooperation is not so necessary for me. I'm honest with my beliefs and stubborn. I think I have strong Fi and weak Fe.

Can you type me?
Many insights are welcomed and appreciated!

· Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
2,891 Posts
current state of mind.
I know you've basically said that you're a neurotypical, but current understandings suggest that mental illness lies on a spectrum. In the past, I've found it very difficult to type those with mental disorders, so the level of confidence you should put into my typing should be considered alongside your level of mental health; however, nothing in this section was of particular note, except for the fact you're 19.

What I really like is that the party scenery excites me, not the interaction of people at the party. I like to see gorgeous scenery.
A small indication of a sensing preference, instead of a focus on people. Small.

Freedom - I know many nonsensical rules. They aren't necessary if they exist simply for good motivation for work or study. Each person's motivation is different. It is an individual's disrespect to think that they should be unified by standards.
I'm driven by the desire to share it. I haven't known for a long time that invisible uniquenesses are exist. I've mainly focused on visible traits. The threat that "if I don't express my beliefs, my identity will disappear" sometimes afflicts me. I prefer harmony to conflict, so I wish I hadn't been threatened.
I admire those who believe their uniqueness is worth without showing others.
The former is when I understand what is happening. There are times when I immediately understand what this is like by looking at the surroundings and the reactions of people. I usually believe it and act accordingly. This is not a good ability, but a kind of impulsivity.
I know you consider abstract topics. but I think it's more about seeing society's engagement with those topics and taking them up for yourself instead of you going out to research them on your own. Anyway, your earliest focus is on real sense-able data which is less natural for an N type.

People shouldn't change "not necessary" to "must not". Those who believe that everything should be ruled are too arrogant. Individual freedom should be respected to the utmost.
I'm not as morally obsessed as other Fi users. But I strongly oppose limiting someone meaninglessly, and I can stand up for it. "Respect everyone. Live and let live." (It also means "no discrimination") That's the only strong belief I have.
Opposing control. ExxP

I don't make value judgments on everything. Since I understand both opinions, I'm often indecisive.
IxxPs are opinion machines. You instead find it harder to choose one, which you would if you were willing to commit to one side or the other.

I get tired quickly from socializing.
Does not disqualify you from being E. I think the most meaningful way to look at MBTI is to see them in their function stacks. Yes, usually E types are also socialable, but I've met quite a few ENFPs that liked people but needed a lot of downtime.

I think you should consider ESFP > ENFP due to the way you form conclusions, but you should also look again at what sorts of information you go and collect. If you look around the forum, there are very "Ne" activities and "Se" activities. This doesn't mean an ESFP won't be interested in quantum physics or political systems, but that they will have a different view of them than an ENFP. They can enjoy the same thing but notice different things. Can't really explain it to you other than "abstract vs tangible."

---

I don't expect help back when I give it (well technically, yes, but that's another topic) but since you're from Japan, maybe you could list me a couple of cities/small towns in the countryside that would be good for me to visit? While I enjoy the many sights of the city, I don't really like being in crowds of people. I especially don't like it if conversations have no chance of being intimate and are just stuck at the polite phase. I get very tired around too many people.

I'm considering considering a trip to somewhere in Asia and Japan is pretty high up my list. Bonus points if the region grows tea.

· Registered
INFJ 4w5 sx/so
562 Posts
ENFP.

Ne - you like to know things from other people.
Fi - you have values and feelings stemming from your own experience.
Te - you like to gather other ideas from other people.
Si - you are practical, but as this is your inferior function, you don't like to be this way.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you should also look again at what sorts of information you go and collect. If you look around the forum, there are very "Ne" activities and "Se" activities.
I found an interesting thread that shows the difference between Sensors and iNtuitives.

The way to collect my information seems very Se. I use my imagination for fun, but it's not natural for me. When I'm not particularly conscious of anything, I definitely tend to focus only on what I can perceive with my five senses and think little about the hidden meaning.

I think ESFP based on letters fits me, but I'm not sure I'm Se dom.
What do you think about these?

I always have an utopia and an ideal-looking self in my head, immersing myself in the fantasy of how wonderful it would be if it really existed.
I often button up wrong
I often immerse myself in thinking or daydreaming ignore the reality, so I often hit all over my body and stumble on steps.
I don't think I'm realistic. I often overlook the details of the surroundings because of thoughts or daydreams. I usually think about the ideal world or play a song in my head. Most of my daydreams have nothing to do with the reality I'm seeing.
I often wear clothes upside down and socks inside out. When I change clothes, I tend to focus more on the overall color balance and miss the details. It seems a common trend for iNtuitives. I can't concentrate on changing clothes. Though I get excited when I buy new clothes, the routine is boring and I get distracted.

That is, I ignore reality most of the time, and when I see reality I see it as itself. I have something to interfere with Se, but I don't know what it is. If it has nothing to do with any cognitive functions, I'm ESFP.
But... is it possible for ESFPs to immerse themselves in fantasy for long time? I've never heard of it, so I don't know if it's just rare or nonexistent.

since you're from Japan, maybe you could list me a couple of cities/small towns in the countryside that would be good for me to visit?
I'm sorry, I'm a person who rarely travels and ain't familiar with it.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ne - you like to know things from other people.
Why did you limit this to Ne? It sounds more Se because Ne users tend to imagine the feelings of others before talking to them.
Is this decision absolute? Is it possible that I'm a Sensor?

Fi - you have values and feelings stemming from your own experience.
I've heard that the difference between SFP and NFP is that SFPs form values from experience alone, and NFPs can imagine how they feel, even if they have never experienced it.
I think I'm more Sensor based on this, and I want to know more about why you thought I'm iNtuitive.

· Registered
INFJ 4w5 sx/so
562 Posts
So, I left a tab open to come back and respond to this to make sure I didn't forget.

Sorry for any confusion: I was completely wrong.

In re-reading your post I noticed many parts which seemed to me like I had just now read them the first time. It's like I cut out all the sensory information you wrote about when I first read your post. I apologize for that.

I wrote in a reply about Se before noticing my mistake. But you show a strong preference for Se with how you interact with all the materials in your life, from makeup to clothing and fashion and so on, imagining how you would look in them and more. This is dominant Se for sure, especially when you imagine these things and enjoy doing so. I'm on the complete opposite of the spectrum and don't enjoy doing any of those things, which might explain how I was blind to even the notion of it when you wrote about it. I was truly stunned to read again your top post and it was like half of the information was completely new to me.

You reference your own values a lot and an inner experience and so on, which indicates Fi.

Inferior Ni is actively not enjoying to think about the future. You know you need to a little to be your best self, but you actively try to avoid it, thus maximizing your Se experience and 'living in the moment.' But the things you do know about the future are true - when you know doing something stupid in the now is going to burn you later, it is true. If you only follow that a bit more, you have a more well-rounded life.

ESFP is most likely your type. I again apologize for my mistake.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I left a tab open to come back and respond to this to make sure I didn't forget.

Sorry for any confusion: I was completely wrong.

In re-reading your post I noticed many parts which seemed to me like I had just now read them the first time. It's like I cut out all the sensory information you wrote about when I first read your post. I apologize for that.

I wrote in a reply about Se before noticing my mistake. But you show a strong preference for Se with how you interact with all the materials in your life, from makeup to clothing and fashion and so on, imagining how you would look in them and more. This is dominant Se for sure, especially when you imagine these things and enjoy doing so. I'm on the complete opposite of the spectrum and don't enjoy doing any of those things, which might explain how I was blind to even the notion of it when you wrote about it. I was truly stunned to read again your top post and it was like half of the information was completely new to me.

You reference your own values a lot and an inner experience and so on, which indicates Fi.

Inferior Ni is actively not enjoying to think about the future. You know you need to a little to be your best self, but you actively try to avoid it, thus maximizing your Se experience and 'living in the moment.' But the things you do know about the future are true - when you know doing something stupid in the now is going to burn you later, it is true. If you only follow that a bit more, you have a more well-rounded life.

ESFP is most likely your type. I again apologize for my mistake.
Thank you for your polite explanation!
I got a lot of strong Ni in cognitive function tests (I even got 100% Ni in IDRlabs😆) and in fact I've mistyped myself as INxJ before, but your commentary convinced me that I'm ESFP.
It was difficult to decide my type because I'm out of ESFP stereotypes. Thank you very much.

Reactions: Vexus and Retsu

· Registered
INFJ 4w5 sx/so
562 Posts
It was difficult to decide my type because I'm out of ESFP stereotypes. Thank you very much.
I'm glad you are able to come to some conclusion. I do think you will fit those stereotypes if you stop using Ni, if that makes sense? In other words, you thinking about the future so much is shutting down being your 'true' self in a way. You need some of it to be healthy, but you kind of 'suck' at it in that it can ruin your life.

For example, with inferior Se, I know I need some Se - sensory experience - to be my best self. But, I could easily seek out sex or porn, drugs, addictions, overeating or binge eating and so on to satisfy my inferior Se. Nothing sensory is ever 'enough' because it doesn't land the same way for me. So I have to not do that, and instead, get my Se 'fix' from things that are good for me, liking working out (physical pain), becoming celibate (denying pleasure), and experiencing the dreaded outdoors (going to the beach, getting too much sun, getting dirt in my shorts, getting blisters on my feet from walking on the hot sand, etc). Too much of that, too, can be bad. But the point is I need some of it, but not taking it to an extreme.

For you, thinking about the future is good, but I think all you need to do is just make a quick Ni thought about actions you're about to take. Yeah, you want to get that tattoo right now, but use your Ni - is this going to be a good decision? Probably not, as it will limit you in potential jobs or other aspects of life. So maybe not do that thing you actually want right now, because of your Ni thinking ahead a little bit. But use it too much, worrying and thinking about the future, and you're indulging yourself like a glutton without fulfilling your main functions of wanting to see and experience the world. So lighten up and go have some fun and don't worry too much. Just a little ;)

· Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
2,891 Posts
I found an interesting thread that shows the difference between Sensors and iNtuitives.

The way to collect my information seems very Se. I use my imagination for fun, but it's not natural for me. When I'm not particularly conscious of anything, I definitely tend to focus only on what I can perceive with my five senses and think little about the hidden meaning.

I think ESFP based on letters fits me, but I'm not sure I'm Se dom.
What do you think about these?

I don't think I'm realistic. I often overlook the details of the surroundings because of thoughts or daydreams. I usually think about the ideal world or play a song in my head. Most of my daydreams have nothing to do with the reality I'm seeing.
I often wear clothes upside down and socks inside out. When I change clothes, I tend to focus more on the overall color balance and miss the details. It seems a common trend for iNtuitives. I can't concentrate on changing clothes. Though I get excited when I buy new clothes, the routine is boring and I get distracted.

That is, I ignore reality most of the time, and when I see reality I see it as itself. I have something to interfere with Se, but I don't know what it is. If it has nothing to do with any cognitive functions, I'm ESFP.
But... is it possible for ESFPs to immerse themselves in fantasy for long time? I've never heard of it, so I don't know if it's just rare or nonexistent.

I'm sorry, I'm a person who rarely travels and ain't familiar with it.
The thread you linked is okay, but difficult to draw conclusions from since it's not that new, and most people's MBTI can't be seen. For the difference between Ne and Se, I'd look at the INFP and ISFP subforums. Maybe take a look at ESFP as well, but they aren't that active.

I think everything you quoted is worth considering. I can only render my best judgement regarding which function you use most often.

Not being able to coordinate well might not disqualify you from being ESFP. It might be about practice or experience or genetics.

Understanding MBTI is an optional study. Learning about oneself is a long journey. Take your time deciding which type you are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.