Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

I can't decide among xxFP [Questionnaire + supplements]

843 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Hachitarou 
current state of mind.
I know you've basically said that you're a neurotypical, but current understandings suggest that mental illness lies on a spectrum. In the past, I've found it very difficult to type those with mental disorders, so the level of confidence you should put into my typing should be considered alongside your level of mental health; however, nothing in this section was of particular note, except for the fact you're 19.

What I really like is that the party scenery excites me, not the interaction of people at the party. I like to see gorgeous scenery.
A small indication of a sensing preference, instead of a focus on people. Small.

Freedom - I know many nonsensical rules. They aren't necessary if they exist simply for good motivation for work or study. Each person's motivation is different. It is an individual's disrespect to think that they should be unified by standards.
I'm driven by the desire to share it. I haven't known for a long time that invisible uniquenesses are exist. I've mainly focused on visible traits. The threat that "if I don't express my beliefs, my identity will disappear" sometimes afflicts me. I prefer harmony to conflict, so I wish I hadn't been threatened.
I admire those who believe their uniqueness is worth without showing others.
The former is when I understand what is happening. There are times when I immediately understand what this is like by looking at the surroundings and the reactions of people. I usually believe it and act accordingly. This is not a good ability, but a kind of impulsivity.
I know you consider abstract topics. but I think it's more about seeing society's engagement with those topics and taking them up for yourself instead of you going out to research them on your own. Anyway, your earliest focus is on real sense-able data which is less natural for an N type.

People shouldn't change "not necessary" to "must not". Those who believe that everything should be ruled are too arrogant. Individual freedom should be respected to the utmost.
I'm not as morally obsessed as other Fi users. But I strongly oppose limiting someone meaninglessly, and I can stand up for it. "Respect everyone. Live and let live." (It also means "no discrimination") That's the only strong belief I have.
Opposing control. ExxP

I don't make value judgments on everything. Since I understand both opinions, I'm often indecisive.
IxxPs are opinion machines. You instead find it harder to choose one, which you would if you were willing to commit to one side or the other.

I get tired quickly from socializing.
Does not disqualify you from being E. I think the most meaningful way to look at MBTI is to see them in their function stacks. Yes, usually E types are also socialable, but I've met quite a few ENFPs that liked people but needed a lot of downtime.

I think you should consider ESFP > ENFP due to the way you form conclusions, but you should also look again at what sorts of information you go and collect. If you look around the forum, there are very "Ne" activities and "Se" activities. This doesn't mean an ESFP won't be interested in quantum physics or political systems, but that they will have a different view of them than an ENFP. They can enjoy the same thing but notice different things. Can't really explain it to you other than "abstract vs tangible."

---

I don't expect help back when I give it (well technically, yes, but that's another topic) but since you're from Japan, maybe you could list me a couple of cities/small towns in the countryside that would be good for me to visit? While I enjoy the many sights of the city, I don't really like being in crowds of people. I especially don't like it if conversations have no chance of being intimate and are just stuck at the polite phase. I get very tired around too many people.

I'm considering considering a trip to somewhere in Asia and Japan is pretty high up my list. Bonus points if the region grows tea.

I found an interesting thread that shows the difference between Sensors and iNtuitives.

The way to collect my information seems very Se. I use my imagination for fun, but it's not natural for me. When I'm not particularly conscious of anything, I definitely tend to focus only on what I can perceive with my five senses and think little about the hidden meaning.

I think ESFP based on letters fits me, but I'm not sure I'm Se dom.
What do you think about these?

I don't think I'm realistic. I often overlook the details of the surroundings because of thoughts or daydreams. I usually think about the ideal world or play a song in my head. Most of my daydreams have nothing to do with the reality I'm seeing.
I often wear clothes upside down and socks inside out. When I change clothes, I tend to focus more on the overall color balance and miss the details. It seems a common trend for iNtuitives. I can't concentrate on changing clothes. Though I get excited when I buy new clothes, the routine is boring and I get distracted.

That is, I ignore reality most of the time, and when I see reality I see it as itself. I have something to interfere with Se, but I don't know what it is. If it has nothing to do with any cognitive functions, I'm ESFP.
But... is it possible for ESFPs to immerse themselves in fantasy for long time? I've never heard of it, so I don't know if it's just rare or nonexistent.

I'm sorry, I'm a person who rarely travels and ain't familiar with it.
The thread you linked is okay, but difficult to draw conclusions from since it's not that new, and most people's MBTI can't be seen. For the difference between Ne and Se, I'd look at the INFP and ISFP subforums. Maybe take a look at ESFP as well, but they aren't that active.

I think everything you quoted is worth considering. I can only render my best judgement regarding which function you use most often.

Not being able to coordinate well might not disqualify you from being ESFP. It might be about practice or experience or genetics.

Understanding MBTI is an optional study. Learning about oneself is a long journey. Take your time deciding which type you are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.