Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am usually the best one I know (besides these forums) at deciphering dreams and coming up with logical psychological explanations.

I can't figure this one out! But I can tell it meant something because of the strong vividity and emotion.

I was in a school bus with a random guy that goes on my same bus in real life. He was driving the bus and we were headed down a road. I knew we would end up in a lake. No brakes. A dead end. He was about to go through a building. I shouted "Go off the ramp!!" because there was a ramp nearby that lead to the lake.

The bus went off the ramp. I could feel the bus plunge into the air and myself falling and the bus hitting the water. I swam out of the bus and barely reached the surface from the bottom of the lake. My lungs gasping for breath.

I then swamp to land and into a small house. It was no ordinary house. It was a combination of places I had lived. Evenly mixed. At that point my dream kept on repeating in a viscous circle.

Then, it continued. I was back in the house and someone was there. I think my sister. But I'm not sure. People look different in my dreams.

There was a single lamp. I don't know why, but it held a big significance.

All of a sudden, the lamp went out. Ice cold fear ran through me for no reason. My sister and I were pan aching. Like the darkness could kill. We found a flashlight. I made a fire in a fireplace with some wood.

Then I woke up from that dream. :unsure:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'll take a quick stab at it

A school bus plunging into a river may mean you're having anxiety about school and that you are headed toward failure if you don't do something about it soon. You might be taking action already as suggested by your stopping the bus from hitting the building and veering off a ramp into the water to soften the blow instead. Barely being able to swim to the surface may symbolize that your best efforts in school are barely keeping you afloat.

The composite house kind of stumps me. I'll say that maybe you're a child of divorced parents and that you have to go back and forth a lot between them, or maybe there are even bigger family issues in which case you've been removed from your parents' home and are being shuttled back and forth between family (aunts, uncles, grandparents etc) or maybe even state care. I'm just guessing all this so it could all be BS.

The lamp could symbolize a parent, or someone else who is entrusted to care of you, who might be having health, or legal issues right now that are making everyone in the family very nervous about the pending outcome.

The guy on the bus with you is a kid at school who's been a bad influence on you lately, or is a kid that you share similar circumstances with that you're trying to help. I dunno.

Was I close in any of them?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Here's my interpretation:
You can see trends in people's behaviors that lead to problems, but you feel powerless to stop them, just like you couldn't stop the bus. While in reality, Ni might often see all sorts of possible bad implications, without them necessarily coming true (at least that's what it's like for me), in your dream you experienced your fears coming true - might be some kind of mental rehearsal for that situation.
Now to the house. Houses in dreams are usually a symbol for the self. As it was a mix of places you lived in, it could be a symbol for your whole life, or your whole self, as it was shaped by your experiences. The light is something you might be searching, or have even glimpsed, but couldn't hold: the meaning of life, or true happiness, or some kind of spiritual belief.
The whole dream was about showing your inner workings to yourself.

This is of course only my spontaneous interpretation without knowing anything about you. Interpretations of dreams are only true when you feel them to be true, and mine might be all wrong.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I don't believe in dream interpretation. When I pay attention to my level of alertness while I'm falling asleep, I get progressively dumber until almost everything makes sense, and there's absolutely no way my mind could come up with something that means anything when it thinks that 2+2=zombies.

I suppose one could use the wierdness of their dreams to slingshot revelation, because it approaches things we would probably never think about, but I don't think dreams, in of themselves, actually mean anything.

sorry that's probably not very helpful xD

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DreamTheater's Theory:
On the school issue, I am having some issues. But, it isn't concerning school itself. There is a teacher that For no reason picks on my and she gave me a C+ for first quarter grades. All my friends agree that I don't deserve it and I am one of the best students in the class.

I do have divorced parents, but I live with my dad and step mom. My mom lost the custody battle.

Since my sister was already in the dream, the lamp would probably have to symbolize my mom. Whom I can't see for five more years.

The guy on the bus, now I have no clue on that one. I only see him on the bus. And the only real words we exchange are "hi".

Holunder's Theory:
My mom has lead a bad life. I'm afraid other bad things will happen. She already doesn't have a job, and has had her neck broken.
The house probably symbolizes my life. The light going out could be some of the good things turning bad in my life.

I have been hoping that my subconscious would show itself either in a Lucid Dream or a regular dream. This dream has had the most actual meaning than any other dreams in my life.

Bobdaduck:
It's okay XD

Thank you guys so much! Your theories were almost exactly spot on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts