Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel as though I fit both so much, and then again I think the two are very similar in many ways. It's really hard for me to decide whether I'm an ENTP with strong feeling characteristics or an ENFP with strong thinking characteristics.
Thinking
Let's see, one thing that makes me believe I am ENTP is that I love to debate and will argue about almost anything. People see me as that one person that has to argue about everything anyone says because they believe they're right. People see me as the smart ass who always has to be right and correct people on any mistake. I'm that one person who never studies and appears to not listen, but consistently has extremely high averages on tests. My mind moves between different ideas all the time, and always goes at a fast pace. I completely lack self discipline and always need new things or I'll get bored. I am very logical in the way I think, seeing as though I am excellent at Algebra and the logical part of it, but I absolutely hate geometry! I hate making mistakes and try to constantly make everything perfect. People see me as the "nerd". I absolutely hate ignorant and stupid people.
Feeling
I am great at understanding other people and have an odd essence of making people feel better just by being there. I am great at starting things but can never finish them unless I am very interested in what I am doing. I am the most hyper, talkative, and loud person you will ever meet once you get to know me. I absolutely hate having people point out my mistakes, I strive to be the "perfectionist." I am the one that is always there for people no matter what. I have a nurturing quality to me and my goal in life is to be a parent. I have very feminine ways of thinking about things and am very in touch with my feminine side( as many enfp males are). I am constantly told I should be a psychologist. I am always acting happy so that people around me don't feel sorry for me. I smile at people just to see them smile back, and when they do I get a very warm feeling inside me. I am a very romantic type of person that strives to have a "soulmate" in life. Whenever I get mad at somebody I may start cursing them out, but in the middle of that I keep saying I don't mean, because even though they deserve it I don't like the feeling of making someone feel that way. If I was asked to fight someone, I wouldn't because I know that hurting that person would hurt me more then it would them. I need people around me and need to feel appreciated by people. I hate seeing others argue about problems between them and want to stop the argument ( I hate personal problem arguments and strive to stop them, but I love theoretical debates or arguing my point on something). I absolutely hate ignorant and stupid people, but I don't tell them that they are, because I don't want to hurt their feelings. I don't like being confrontational to people I dislike as I hate the feeling of calling people names to bring them down. Even when I'm very mad at someone that I'm close to I can't just tell them to leave me alone or fuck off like most people can.
Thanks for any help y'all may give. :laughing:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've tested my whole life as an ENFP, save for a quick six-months where I practically became my shadow type... but lately I've tested as an ENFJ, and from the type descriptions, I believed it. The thing that really helped me to figure out that I'm still an ENFP, through and through, was to look at my cognitive functions and see if they truly matched up.

If you're an ENFP, you will be Ne dominant, with Fi as your auxiliary. If you're an ENTP, you'll still be Ne dominant (which may be what's throwing you off), but Ti will replace the Fi in your ordering, and you'll have Fe as your tertiary function. It may help you to really sit down and think about whether you have Fi or Fe. If you need a little clarity, there's a decent sticky on the Myers-Briggs sub-forum (right above where the type forums are) with fairly good descriptions of how the cognitive functions affect the way you do things.

From the way that you've described yourself, my guess is that you have Fe and are probably an ENTP, but I could be wrong. Alternately, have you thought perhaps you might be an ENFJ? The way you talk about debating, combined with the way that you "absolutely hate stupid and ignorant people" but don't say anything, makes me feel like you have it in you... as an ENFP, I don't think I really hate anyone, they merely frustrate me. Fe is the dominant function of ENFJs. It's not hard to be mis-typed depending on several factors... like I said at the beginning, reviewing cognitive functions really helped me pin myself down to one particular type.

Sorry for the ramble, hope this helps you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I feel as though I fit both so much, and then again I think the two are very similar in many ways. It's really hard for me to decide whether I'm an ENTP with strong feeling characteristics or an ENFP with strong thinking characteristics.
Thinking
Let's see, one thing that makes me believe I am ENTP is that I love to debate and will argue about almost anything. People see me as that one person that has to argue about everything anyone says because they believe they're right. People see me as the smart ass who always has to be right and correct people on any mistake. I'm that one person who never studies and appears to not listen, but consistently has extremely high averages on tests. My mind moves between different ideas all the time, and always goes at a fast pace. I completely lack self discipline and always need new things or I'll get bored. I am very logical in the way I think, seeing as though I am excellent at Algebra and the logical part of it, but I absolutely hate geometry! I hate making mistakes and try to constantly make everything perfect. People see me as the "nerd". I absolutely hate ignorant and stupid people.
Feeling
I am great at understanding other people and have an odd essence of making people feel better just by being there. I am great at starting things but can never finish them unless I am very interested in what I am doing. I am the most hyper, talkative, and loud person you will ever meet once you get to know me. I absolutely hate having people point out my mistakes, I strive to be the "perfectionist." I am the one that is always there for people no matter what. I have a nurturing quality to me and my goal in life is to be a parent. I have very feminine ways of thinking about things and am very in touch with my feminine side( as many enfp males are). I am constantly told I should be a psychologist. I am always acting happy so that people around me don't feel sorry for me. I smile at people just to see them smile back, and when they do I get a very warm feeling inside me. I am a very romantic type of person that strives to have a "soulmate" in life. Whenever I get mad at somebody I may start cursing them out, but in the middle of that I keep saying I don't mean, because even though they deserve it I don't like the feeling of making someone feel that way. If I was asked to fight someone, I wouldn't because I know that hurting that person would hurt me more then it would them. I need people around me and need to feel appreciated by people. I hate seeing others argue about problems between them and want to stop the argument ( I hate personal problem arguments and strive to stop them, but I love theoretical debates or arguing my point on something). I absolutely hate ignorant and stupid people, but I don't tell them that they are, because I don't want to hurt their feelings. I don't like being confrontational to people I dislike as I hate the feeling of calling people names to bring them down. Even when I'm very mad at someone that I'm close to I can't just tell them to leave me alone or fuck off like most people can.
Thanks for any help y'all may give. :laughing:
RedMatt I completely understand you. You and I both probably have a lot in common because I can't tolerate people as well who can't differentiate right from wrong and then find themselves in a whole full of shit after they've put themselves in that position. First I would just like to remind you that this personality test doesn't really tell you your personality but for the most part explains the pattern by which we each decide to use our mind. Anyways I feel that you are ENFP because if you are like me then I feel that the reason you dislike these ignorant people is not merely for the fact that there ignorant but for the simple fact that they can not be helped. You wish to help them but they don't want to be helped and these people are going to be satisfied in there life full of simplicity and/ or drama for as long as they live.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Pffft, T's can have a great well of caring and emotion. The T's I know are definitely T's to a T (was that intended? (;), but still feel and empathize as F's do. It all comes down to cognitive functions. I'm not good at pegging you blind as something entirely different from the two options you've presented us with, so I'll just have to go with a definite ENTP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts