Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this person is a member of PerC. Her name is @Kalyssa and she wrote this (assuming it is the same person.) It was published to my group ENFP blog. Enjoy!

Some imply that today, or the near future, is the hayday of the ENFP . But, to me, with my experiences with family/employees demonstrating otherwise, that time is not exactly seen from the ground by young, college-educated professionals. According to our parents and other naysayers, we cannot take the time to develop the "impractical" career path we desire post-graduate or else we are called irresponsible and then destitute/abandoned by your family/homeless. We still must play by the Older Boomer (I've found that Younger Boomers,those under 45 and excluding first generation Asian immigrants, have at least a small percentage of people who think otherwise) rules: find practical work no matter how boring and dispassionate, demonstrate loyalty in order to get in, don't get distracted and be a good boy or girl- there is only such thing as ONE career, no other. Young professionals do not get to try to bend the rules just yet, especially it appears that Boomers are extending their stay in the American workplace. As it is mostly Boomers who rank as executives and leaders in governments and corporations and big businesses, many of the rules stay the same. Their rules, their leveraged power, their game. Mostly, for myself, I believe its because my family thinks most of my previous career plans are ridiculous which is why they didn't succeed. For good or bad, we ENFPs obessively love to be loved, and we crash and burn if we are surrounded by anger and disapproval- or if we are very alone (we can't do what this guy did)

Call me Kalyssa*. I am a 24 year old Filipino-American born of Filipino first-generation immigrants and I RESIST all these archaic ideas. I CAN have multiple careers, I CAN earn money with the impractical, I CAN be successful as a "Renaissance personality." A career is part of your holistic self and should contribute and not detrimate your quality of life- I continue to dream! I have learned many lessons on how to manage myself and my career, but despite what the world thinks, I continue to dream of growing as a person with my work.
Developing myself and developping my multiple careers is a giant, giant obsession with me these days; therefore, my views/discoveries on career management and talk of my plans and how I'm managing my career hunts will dominate my blog posts. I will never claim to be an expert, but I'll present the facts with link references and try to make my sharing funny.
ENFP's definition of a career CAN succeed!!
---------------------
*Not my real name, but I wish it was!

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My original comment- I think ENFPs would experience a lot of success as part of a duo of a team. We are good at coming up with ideas and planning things, but not good with carrying things out to the end, so we would probably be best with people that are willing to finish things for us and are happy to sit in our shadows, or share the credit evenly. ENFPs can experience success, they just have to practice doing routine tasks and things other types are good at.

ENFPs have had a lot of success in the world- they just have to have encouraging people around and people that believe in them and are willing to help them develop their ideas. I think most ENFPs are raised in hostile environments and are lead to believe they aren’t good enough. The educational field is set up for a certain type of person and often squashes the creative types. You have to follow your heart and if you have dreams make them happen, but realise theres always a great deal of risk involved and things won’t always turn out well. To accomplish your dreams you have to be prepared for failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts