Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I am doing a my degree in Mathematics

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To make the people around me happy and to pass on knowlegde and wisdom and to make the world a better place. To find meaning in my career. To be a good person. To create something wonderful I can be remembered by, even if it is just by those who new me personaly.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt that way because I felt that I had overcome a fault in my personality and done something I never thought I could do.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

If I dont feel as beautiful or smart. Or when people make fun of me for thinking or feeling more than 'normal people' do about something.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about how it will hurt other poeple. What will I feel if I do it. What will all the outcomes be, good and bad. What I want to do at the time vs how I will feel about it after I have done it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Design and planning. Getting it done. Yes I like to have control of the outcome

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Going out on a boat sailing, I remember feeling free and happy to be. I also remember being in awe of human skill and also of the beauty of nature.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When I learn something I find it best to do a combination of things. Firstly to think about what the information I am learning is really about and then to file/attach it to something similar or start its own file in my brain if it is new. Then to try it out myself/ apply the knowledge. Then to teach or talk about it to someone else.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I would not call myself super organized but I have a handle on things. My room is constantly messy, I clean it and then a few days later it is back the way it was and I didnt even realise it was messy BUT I know where everything is in my room, messy or not, and I try and organise my work and I know what I am doing and where I am up to even if it is not ordered so that other people know what is happening.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I usually try and fit them into the knowledge/morality base I aready have and then and try and ask questions about it. See if it stands up to a someone trying to pick the idea apart. If it does, its in.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Yes, I like making sure everyone is doing fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I prefer one on one communication. I think people for speaking but often on longer reflection of what I have said I realise I shouldnt have said something it made sense to say at the time.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It depends on the situation, if speed is required I am striaght into it. Otherwise I like to take a little time before taking a leap of faith. I think words can be an action as long as the person is truly listening.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Think'gah, I dont really feel like going out right now but I know I will have fun. I could always watch it later on the internet. Come on, I should really go out.'And then try and force myself out of the house. Once on my way out, glad I have gone though kinda missing a nice relaxing night in. Although I reason I can always have one of those tomorrow night.

5 How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get overly sensitive and oscillate between amped up and so tired.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

People that dont care about other people, only about themselves.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

About the negative things about work/projetcs I have done or about things I am ashamed of.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Boring stuff like cleaning my room, keeping a track of my money. I have a feeling there are other things but I pay such little attention to them I cant think of them right now to bring them up.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Emotional, caring, childish, fun, nice, flicke, crazy, lazy, creative, generous, musical, intellectual, wants to be liked, not logical, flirt, concerned with how I look to much, trustworthy, genuine, extraverted, the one who oragnises social events for the group, deep, believes in something which 'normal people' dont, says silly things, attractive, easy to get along with, confident.
I am not confident and I am logical in my own way. And I dont think I am crazy, I think they are just narrow minded to the possiblities of the world.
They would never say I am detached, horrible, mean, unkind, blunt, study alot, dumb

20You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I feel like going sailing or horse riding or at my nanas farm or swimming or playing the piano. Or gardening. I want to do anything that involves beauty. Nature and music and the people I love. Oo or maybe I would spend the day reading my book. Nothing in big groups. If people came with me I would prefer it just be me and someone else.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Definitely Fe-dom (or strong Fe-type). I'd guess ENFJ maybe ESFJ, but probably ENFJ. Your post is just too oriented to the opinions and evaluations of other people for you to be anything else really. I also don't get many of the issues around Intuition or Sensation that plague Introverted Sensation types and Introverted Intuitives. But you do seemingly downplay your own thinking in a way that is generally characteristic of Extraverted Feeling types.

I could easily see a bad MBTI test calling you an INFP (this is really common) but you really don't have much Introverted Feeling, everything you write is directed outwardly. There's a real downplay of self-here in favor of the outer (like when you describe your thinking, or your decision making processes, like why you keep organized, or your thought-process for going out with friends). It's all outer driven and not in an Extraverted Thinking type of way (you also don't seem to have much Ne).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts