Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First questionnaire! Feel free to practice your typing skills on me, I'm looking forward to getting some new perspectives. If you have any additional questions, then by all means, fire away.
Here goes nothing:

Prerequisites

What age range are you in?

I'm 22.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?

If I have to believe my family, me not having a job is some kind of disorder. But really, there's nothing to mention here.

Main Questions

1.What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

To live out my passions, that includes music and people. The drive in my life is to impact as many people as possible -> to change their lives for the better (sounds like I know it all better, but I promise, it's for your own good :tongue:) Mainly, I want to live a life of passion, with someone *special* by my side and live true to who I am.

2.What were you like as a kid?

A happy, fun-loving kid. A bit self conscious but still assertive enough. My teachers told my parents that, even though I was a happy and helpful child, they could never quite 'get' me. I just always told them what they wanted to hear.

3.Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

I have a great relationship with my mum. We talk a lot and have fun. It's a bit different with my dad though: he's always remained more distant and he has a bit of a temper (only verbal and nothing serious) which is why I grew to fear him as a child to the point that I was nervous just being around him. This made me resent him as a teenager, refusing to talk to him (which didn't happen that often anyway) and I really blamed him for so many things. Now we can laugh together, joke about things. It's the closest I've ever been with him and now, as I'm getting older, there's more of a silent understanding going on.

4.What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

I value my independence, freedom (not just my own), and respect for others.
I hope to never be as distant to my children (kids: maybe one day, not now) as my father was to me. Apart from that, there aren't too many things I really avoid being/doing, 'cept for being a douche. And being boring: I'd hate to consider myself “average”, living an“average life” with an “average job”. Oh, the horror!

5.Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

The fear for my dad's reaction. This was huge when I was a kid. These days, I'm way more self certain and I don't have that many problems with this anymore.
Also, especially as a teenager; other people's judgement. I was so self conscious, as if I was being watched 24/7. It was no paranoia,'tis just, I had no idea what image I wanted to present. My self-image changed constantly, so there was a certain lack of stability in this. Hence the uncertainty and self consciousness.

6.a.) How do you see yourself?
A nice, kind, friendly, passionate, intense, warm and welcoming badmotherf*****. Not pretentious at all. :tongue:

b.)How do you want others to see you?

The same as in the previous, but I notice some people only see the friendly part while others only see the other part. Which is something I'm okay with really, I'd rather have people love/hate me than them not having an opinion about me at all. Also, I've had some comments on how I'm always fidgeting, maybe I've got some nervous tension going on that I'm not consciously aware of.

c.)What do you dislike the most in other people?

When they seem to not care about others, when they lack in hygiene, when people guild trip me in doing/being something, when people keep on complaining about whatever when they don't even try to change it,when I smile at people and they don't smile back.
I dislike hypocrites, even though I'm probably guilty of this myself.

7.Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3(least).
a.)Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.
b.)Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you
c.)Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.

b>a>c

8.Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

Where doesn't it take me! I ponder how I can best handle an upcoming situation. This happens when I'm more stressed. When I'm relaxed, I envision myself just having fun: mainly where I'm being extraordinary somehow and others are looking up to me for that . Or I see myself in all kinds of situations having heated discussions with others or myself, or ... Actually, now that I think of it, I often find myself coming up with topics that I then debate over with myself. A good mental exercise methinks :p

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Best: people appreciating me, when I'm going for my passions, being intimate with someone, living out music => not just listening to it, actively participating: makes me feel ALIVE
Worst: being restricted in going for my passions, giving advice to people that later turns out to be total shit, feeling apathetic (I prefer feeling sad and sorrowful feelings over feeling numb)

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.)anger

When people cross certain boundaries; I can take a lot, but when they cross the line, all bets are off.
I have two kinds of anger though: the emotional kind, which sucks, it's where I can't express myself the way I want to (furious tears, you know..). It's been a very long while since this has happened, though.
Then the 'controlled' version, where all my thinking chatter stops, where all of the world doesn't matter, just my 'obstacle' and me. And I don't back down, to a fault. It feels invigorating makes me feel truly alive. I love this kind of anger, it's pure, no bullshit. No regret.

b.)shame

I have to think harder on this one. I feel shame when I do something stupid, whether people see or not (though I'll make it look like it's all -part of the plan-). I feel ashamed when I try to say something but no one's listening, I get a feel of shame and resentment combined. In that situation, I'll either walk away or act like I'm not interested in them when they are looking for my response.
Also, I hate it when I need to ask for anything, to depend on others for my own needs. Definitely evokes shame. This is a point that I need to work on.

c.)anxiety

I feel anxious when there's something coming up that I don't like and I can't change anything about it. Makes me wanna pull my hair out. I'll act it out on the people close to me. Not cool of me but then again, it seems my whole family does this.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress

Anxiety=/= stress? Doesn't one come with the other? It's all the same to me.:p
The more stress, the harder it is for me to keep on thinking straight. Especially when it keeps on building up for long periods of time.
Except when in a sudden emergency, then I'll get the good kind of stress: adrenaline. I'll act like I would when the good kind of anger hits me (see 10.a): very focused, clear mind, good at barking orders and above all: very much alive!

b.)negative unexpected change

I wish I could say that I would anticipate it without any stress, but in this case I need to disengage a bit and look at the new situation from the outside in. The other way around doesn't really work for me.

c.)conflict

I tend to either ignore the argument (if it seems pointless to me –or if I don't really care about the person) or I'll confront immediately. Passive aggression isn't something I appreciate.

a.)What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?

I'm neither part of the group nor not part of it, I kinda have a push-pull thing going here. But overall, when I ask others, they say I take on the supportive role, empowering those with the good ideas:p Why? Because I like my own freedom too much to be more involved in the group, yet I realize that groups can not only be fun, they can also be really handy.

b.)If put in power, how do you behave? Why?

Very considerate of everyone's opinion, but I won't have a problem calling the necessary but not well liked shots. Why? (ugh, these questions. So many why's..) Because I believe in everybody not being the same, but being equally worth. Everyone having their qualities, making them better suited for certain positions, but where each single person is just as important as the next. Including yours truly.

c.)Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?

That entirely depends on how they deal with such power. Are they fair?Well then, that's fine. Are they not? Well then, f**k them. I treat most people equally, including those in power. I have no special affinity with authority.
Although I have a tendency to talk to people's mouths, while convincing them of my way. But I do this with everyone, so it's not that relevant. Why? Because it works, that's why!

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

What someone is capable of doing/being/becoming. Even though they themselves seem to be oblivious about it. Also, hypocrisy. But I've talked about this already.

14. Commenton your relationship with trust.

We call each day to chat a bit and sometimes we hang around, I think I haven't been friend zoned yet.
Yeah yeah, lame lame. I know. Anyway, I have some issues about truly opening up to someone. It'll seem to some like I just told important pieces of my life, but I have a knack for making something sound more important than it really is. And at the same time, I'm withholding so much. I somehow feel this need to impress people, as if they wouldn't like me as much if I didn't do that. This is especially the case with romantic interests. You know about the image triad? The “feeling as if they're not inherently worthy of love”? Yeah, I relate to that.. It took me a while to realize this, but it's a pattern I can't deny.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?

Religious, nothing really, guess you could call me an atheist. Or an agnostic. Or whatever. Labels. Sigh.
Politics, I'm naturally inclined towards an anarchistic way of thinking. But I know that an actual anarchy is an ideology and ideologies only work in ideal worlds. So yeah, not going to happen. (Same for a 'true'democracy, oh well, off-topic much).
Does this have any influence on this questionnaire? Barely any, I'd say.

Optional Question (due to personal nature)

Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

On my seventeenth I saw the movie Fight Club. Now in my teenage years I had issues with going for what -I- really wanted. This movie helped me to break free faster. Giving the middle finger to everyone that wanted me to be someone I'm not. Yes, I responded.. with a vengeance! ​(slightly over dramatized)
I have a very eventful life, don't I? (/sarcasm) I have more, but this is one that had more impact on me than I thought it would.

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

-To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
-To be without needs, well-intentioned
-To replace direct experience with concepts
-To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
-To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
-To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
-To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
-To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
-To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient

-To be without needs, well intentioned (I like my independence, and to be considerate)
-To think that fulfillment is somewhere else (the disappointment in life that I'm experiencing, 'knowing' that I'll never be really content with what I have)
-To replace direct experience with concepts (Bah, procrastination)
-To overuse imagination in searching for yourself (as in, all the freakin' time, my whole freakin' life. I'm not sure why I do this, I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. I' was actually surprised to learn that this isn't a constant for everyone)
-To avoid conflict and asserting yourself (50% of the time, in the other 50 I don't have this issue. But overall I should think a bit less about how my decisions affect others)

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?

a.) My life. My self. I wouldn't trade myself for the world.

Also that I'm born in such a wealthy country. Huray, huray! Now let me go buy a fancy colored, overpriced cell phone because it represents my unique personality. Just like the other kids on the block (ignore this, my cynicism can be deadly at too high a doses)

b.) The superpower to live a couple of hundred years in perfect physical and mental condition
Why?I feel this life is too short to properly experience all the world has to offer. I don't like that my body will slowly get worse and worse until death is seen as a welcome change. But then again, who does?
Another 'thing' I wish I could have: my 'soul mate', rationally I know this is b.s., soul mates don't exist. Still, I'm a hopeless romantic, I might idealize romance a bit too much. But I don't feel this answer fits the question. “wish you could have” implies I could never get it, I don't give up that easy!

Now, please pretty please, I'd like some suggestions.

Disclaimer: I promise not to feel butthurt when someone suggests type 6. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:

b.)shame

I have to think harder on this one. I feel shame when I do something stupid, whether people see or not (though I'll make it look like it's all -part of the plan-). I feel ashamed when I try to say something but no one's listening, I get a feel of shame and resentment combined. In that situation, I'll either walk away or act like I'm not interested in them when they are looking for my response.
Also, I hate it when I need to ask for anything, to depend on others for my own needs. Definitely evokes shame. This is a point that I need to work on.
I have something to add here.

It's something I have a hard time admitting to myself, but the feeling of shame is actually more 'there' than I want myself to believe. I just have occasional flair ups that take down my self-image like it's made out of paper. Which it is, really.
I think this is one of the biggest reasons I don't have work right now. I feel as if I don't have anything to offer to anyone, no matter how qualified I am for the job. I don't seem to be able to understand the concept that people can genuinely appreciate my qualities. I often feel like I'm a burden on the people around me. As if they would be better off without me (no suicide tendencies or anything like that, just the feeling that no one could ever really appreciate me for who I am, without all the lies).
After I had written down this questionnaire, I took some time to reflect on what I wrote. I felt like something was missing. But being truly honest to anyone -especially myself- comes harder than you'd expect. I don't think I've ever been able to describe this feeling so well like I did now.
The reason it's so hard to admit this to myself is quite painful as well (yeah, right now, I feel as if I can see everything so damn clear, I just had to write this down asap. Before I would lose this kind of clarity). I somehow find it to be a weakness to feel this kind of shame. I guess it's because everyone else seems so put together: how I seem to be the only one struggling with this. I know I'm not, rationally, but it doesn't make this thought go away.

I'm glad I got it off my chest. I just needed to write this down. Don't know if this is the right thread or not, but I just had to. Now I can go back to this later, when I feel more in control of my self-esteem. Right now, my self-esteem goes from extremely high to extremely low, no grey area. Which is good I guess, I hate grey areas :p But still, a better balance in this area wouldn't hurt.

Good thing no one here knows me IRL :p It's hard enough to admit this to myself as it is, let along to people that you know and have certain expectations of you. Long live anonymity!

As for enneagram, I guess I can now safely say that I'm not an ID-type :p That's 1/3 down.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This probably rules out option 6. :dry:

You're a 7, or trying hard to sound like one.
Well, I'm not trying to be anything or anyone but me ;)
My style has been very consistent over the years, which was always without pretense.

I agree that there's a lot of 7 influence showing in my thread here, it's why I've always had it as one of the biggest contenders of my type. But the type just doesn't have a hold on me, that which causes the 7 stress and difficulty in life just doesn't register for me.
This thread was started a while ago, and since then, a lot has changed in my typing journey. My style and my attitudes are still the same though, I would probably fill in this questionnaire in the same manner as I did back then. But with some recent 'happenings' :)love_heart:) in my life, I can't deny -- I'm a 9.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
@Boogie man

You don't sound like a 9 at all, you actually sound more anti-sloth than sloth. You sound like someone really in touch with the ability to impact and be impacted.

If I had to guess just from the questionnaire, I'd say maybe 7w8.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Boogie man

You don't sound like a 9 at all, you actually sound more anti-sloth than sloth. You sound like someone really in touch with the ability to impact and be impacted.

If I had to guess just from the questionnaire, I'd say maybe 7w8.
I've always struggled with that though, asserting myself to impact the world.. I've always felt others had more 'right' to be present, energetically. So I haven't exactly had a big impact in the world.
I do however have a strong desire to 'stay awake', as it were. To feel the world, and myself, more intensely because I dread the horror of apathy. And believe me, I feel that pull towards not caring every time I encounter difficulty in my life. I consciously fight to care.
I am bouncy in nature and can take charge if I have to (though it's never my first impulse, except in big-time emergencies where I don't have time to think). But even with all this, I still come across as very chill, laid-back, quiet and accepting to others.
I feel far too apologetic of my needs to be a 7w8.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I've always struggled with that though, asserting myself to impact the world.. I've always felt others had more 'right' to be present, energetically. So I haven't exactly had a big impact in the world.
I do however have a strong desire to 'stay awake', as it were. To feel the world, and myself, more intensely because I dread the horror of apathy. And believe me, I feel that pull towards not caring every time I encounter difficulty in my life. I consciously fight to care.
I am bouncy in nature and can take charge if I have to (though it's never my first impulse, except in big-time emergencies where I don't have time to think). But even with all this, I still come across as very chill, laid-back, quiet and accepting to others.
I feel far too apologetic of my needs to be a 7w8.
Why is apathy so horrible? Are you unable to just simply exist without passion or energy, to be simply complacent? Or, were you there for most of your life and then experienced a perspective shift and a lot of personal growth, realizing your normal preferences needed to be changed?

I ask this because it almost sounds like sloth and apathy are egodystonic, that is, you don't seem to be okay with them at all, like apathy would be something bad that happens to you rather than your natural self. For me, it's egosyntonic. It's my natural self and it's "good", in a sense.

But then, you say you have that pull toward not caring and that you have to consciously fight to stay awake. So it sounds like you might be a healthy 9 resisting sloth. I wonder if that is the case, or if you're another type that has experienced apathy before and found it to be awful, so now you make an effort never to experience that again.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why is apathy so horrible? Are you unable to just simply exist without passion or energy, to be simply complacent? Or, were you there for most of your life and then experienced a perspective shift and a lot of personal growth, realizing your normal preferences needed to be changed?

I ask this because it almost sounds like sloth and apathy are egodystonic, that is, you don't seem to be okay with them at all, like apathy would be something bad that happens to you rather than your natural self. For me, it's egosyntonic. It's my natural self and it's "good", in a sense.

But then, you say you have that pull toward not caring and that you have to consciously fight to stay awake. So it sounds like you might be a healthy 9 resisting sloth. I wonder if that is the case, or if you're another type that has experienced apathy before and found it to be awful, so now you make an effort never to experience that again.
I associate apathy with me being in a bad place, emotionally. And every time I feel resistance in daily life, I feel myself 'fading out', my mind goes numb and I give priority to other people's wishes/desires/needs.
I can see myself existing without passion or energy, but only in the extreme low levels of health. For me, passion equals life, and I'm extremely neurotic about having it slip away from me.
I too easily fall into the habit of not acting on my interests.. or even being aware of them in the first place. :/ Which was how I was going through life some years ago. Blaming everyone else (society etc, not so much individuals), even if deep down, I always knew it was ME who did this to myself. And I swore to never allow to 'get lived' again, because that is a horrible way to exist.

Yet, I have never felt completely numb and apathetic. I always had resistance to that, and a rebellious paranoia against it. It's how I can 'spring back from the apathetic dead' easier than the type 9 descriptions suggest. It's still no walk in the park though.
I see my natural self as alive and powerful, but this is only me in my best state. I could never consider apathy 'good' in any shape or form. Sloth on the other hand.. it sometimes feels too comfortable..
I do experience both daily, no matter how much I resent it, no matter how much I fight it.. It's my biggest struggle in life.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I associate apathy with me being in a bad place, emotionally. And every time I feel resistance in daily life, I feel myself 'fading out', my mind goes numb and I give priority to other people's wishes/desires/needs.
I can see myself existing without passion or energy, but only in the extreme low levels of health. For me, passion equals life, and I'm extremely neurotic about having it slip away from me.
I too easily fall into the habit of not acting on my interests.. or even being aware of them in the first place. :/ Which was how I was going through life some years ago. Blaming everyone else (society etc, not so much individuals), even if deep down, I always knew it was ME who did this to myself. And I swore to never allow to 'get lived' again, because that is a horrible way to exist.

Yet, I have never felt completely numb and apathetic. I always had resistance to that, and a rebellious paranoia against it. It's how I can 'spring back from the apathetic dead' easier than the type 9 descriptions suggest. It's still no walk in the park though.
I see my natural self as alive and powerful, but this is only me in my best state. I could never consider apathy 'good' in any shape or form. Sloth on the other hand.. it sometimes feels too comfortable..
I do experience both daily, no matter how much I resent it, no matter how much I fight it.. It's my biggest struggle in life.
How do you understand Sloth? In what way do you experience it, and how has it affected your life?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you understand Sloth? In what way do you experience it, and how has it affected your life?
Feeling how worthless effort is. Effort to reach out, effort to truly get to know my self (preferences, goals, etc), effort to make a change in my life (or others'), ... "It"s not worth it.."
Just not seeing the value in asserting myself, because I can't value the end game high enough, compared to the effort it takes to get there. Really.. I can't value myself high enough for anything.. This is such a deep wound that has been there, always.

My whole life I've been searching for myself. Trying to figure out who I am and what I stand for. Because lord knows, I never had a damn clue about any of it. It's only in recent years that I'm reclaiming my own energy and desires. It feels like I'm reclaiming all the things I had lost when I lost my childhood.
No matter how clear my sense of self can seem to others, to me.. I'll always be my own blindspot. I can look at other people and see their life, their desires, their identity.. But me? I'm so vague to me..

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Feeling how worthless effort is. Effort to reach out, effort to truly get to know my self (preferences, goals, etc), effort to make a change in my life (or others'), ... "It"s not worth it.."
Just not seeing the value in asserting myself, because I can't value the end game high enough, compared to the effort it takes to get there. Really.. I can't value myself high enough for anything.. This is such a deep wound that has been there, always.

My whole life I've been searching for myself. Trying to figure out who I am and what I stand for. Because lord knows, I never had a damn clue about any of it. It's only in recent years that I'm reclaiming my own energy and desires. It feels like I'm reclaiming all the things I had lost when I lost my childhood.
No matter how clear my sense of self can seem to others, to me.. I'll always be my own blindspot. I can look at other people and see their life, their desires, their identity.. But me? I'm so vague to me..
What kinds of changes, and why are they not worth the effort? What were you like before reclaiming your energy and desires?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kinds of changes, and why are they not worth the effort? What were you like before reclaiming your energy and desires?
Changes to break out of a cycle of not going anywhere and being complacent about my goals/future. Or changes as in asserting myself to make things happen, so that I could actualize my passions, instead of dreaming and fantasizing about them.

I can often feel that taking any action towards this is not worth the effort, but I can't name a specific cause.
I'm usually not consciously aware of it, but I feel I don't have anything of value to offer this world. There's nothing I can bring to the table that others can't do better. So why even try?..

At my worst, 8-9 years ago, I felt like a nobody. A wallflower. I'd never want to admit to that, but it's true. I don't get hung up on insults, but the one insult I do remember was someone (a 7 :p ) calling me a wallflower. It cut so deep because I knew, that at the time, that's exactly how I was behaving.
I was always in the background, being the unassuming, unassertive, shy 'cool guy'. I felt I was living for other's expectations, that they were living my life. I felt I was 'being' lived. I struggled with social anxiety, because I held back too much of myself, for the sake of making no ripples.
I was building up resentment because of this so it's no surprise that, for seemingly no reason, I exploded in hot-blooded blinding rage a few times. Well, it was a surprise to everyone else..

Since then, I've been on a mission to reclaim myself and 'be' more alive and honest with myself. So now, my rage doesn't blindside me anymore, and I can own this emotion with focus and clarity.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
@Boogie man

This is partly for my own curiosity, but do you ever experience yourself as having no presence in the world? Like a ghost fading into the background and drifting aimlessly. And have you ever experienced the world as being not real enough, having nothing that interests or deeply moves you? It's my theory that Sloth can be conceptualized as a loss of presence, not seeing this quality in oneself or the world. Tuning out the unpleasant parts of reality (as if denying their presence) and drifting away.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Boogie man

This is partly for my own curiosity, but do you ever experience yourself as having no presence in the world? Like a ghost fading into the background and drifting aimlessly. And have you ever experienced the world as being not real enough, having nothing that interests or deeply moves you? It's my theory that Sloth can be conceptualized as a loss of presence, not seeing this quality in oneself or the world. Tuning out the unpleasant parts of reality (as if denying their presence) and drifting away.
When I'm struggling, I feel more like a sort of 'dead weight presence', instead of a ghost fading into background. So I still feel like I have presence, but none of it is worth taking notice of.
I can't say that I've experienced the world as not real enough, or that there's nothing out there that can move me. But I can definitely feel like there's nothing in the world that interests me, when I'm feeling stuck in my swamp of sloth. That the world is too boring to me, but I suspect it's really me who is boring, then.
I relate to drifting away in the sense of being lost and having no direction in life. But, even though I struggle with making impact in the world, or being aware of my ability to do so, I still feel like I have presence in the world.. even if this presence can feel like being dead weight when I'm in a bad place.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
When I'm struggling, I feel more like a sort of 'dead weight presence', instead of a ghost fading into background. So I still feel like I have presence, but none of it is worth taking notice of.
I can't say that I've experienced the world as not real enough, or that there's nothing out there that can move me. But I can definitely feel like there's nothing in the world that interests me, when I'm feeling stuck in my swamp of sloth. That the world is too boring to me, but I suspect it's really me who is boring, then.
I relate to drifting away in the sense of being lost and having no direction in life. But, even though I struggle with making impact in the world, or being aware of my ability to do so, I still feel like I have presence in the world.. even if this presence can feel like being dead weight when I'm in a bad place.
I think that is kind of what I meant. Not necessarily a literal lack of presence, but an interference with it, a loss of what makes it real and interesting and impactful. Where there may be nothing worthwhile.

I guess you could be a 9. Though I do see a lot of 7 as well. It's a bit difficult for me to tell because I don't experience the type in quite the same way due to tritype differences. I'm really the opposite of 7, in a way.

So the 7 fix can make a 9 that more actively seeks fulfillment and may be afraid of becoming too complacent or apathetic. It's like the 7 and 9 are in conflict a bit.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think that is kind of what I meant. Not necessarily a literal lack of presence, but an interference with it, a loss of what makes it real and interesting and impactful. Where there may be nothing worthwhile.
Yeah, that's definitely relatable to me :(

I guess you could be a 9. Though I do see a lot of 7 as well. It's a bit difficult for me to tell because I don't experience the type in quite the same way due to tritype differences. I'm really the opposite of 7, in a way.

So the 7 fix can make a 9 that more actively seeks fulfillment and may be afraid of becoming too complacent or apathetic. It's like the 7 and 9 are in conflict a bit.
I do often feel the restlessness of 7 clash with type 9's complacency.
I'm still not that active in my search for fulfillment.. Many times I'm bored and I'm just 'waiting' for something to happen. Which isn't there in the dictionary of the 7, the whole 'waiting for something to happen'-bit.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
so you are feeling decent, and you are walking down the street.

some dude has a dog on a leash, and he is screaming at the dog and kicking the shit out of it, and the dog is cowering.

what do you do?
ask nicely?
interfere?
call the cops?
ignore?

Reactions: Daeva and Animal
1 - 20 of 39 Posts