Personality Cafe banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
so you are feeling decent, and you are walking down the street.

some dude has a dog on a leash, and he is screaming at the dog and kicking the shit out of it, and the dog is cowering.

what do you do?
ask nicely?
interfere?
call the cops?
ignore?
Ooh, tough question, interesting scenario.
It's so hard to say what I would do. I know how I'd probably feel; I'd feel like kicking the shit out of him instead. Because that kind of brutal violence against anyone, human or not, totally pulls my strings. Especially when the victim is cowering. I can get very protective.

But then, this is happening down the street, me just walking there. It is none of my business.. So what do I do? Interfere or not? I'd definitely be torn between taking action and (trying to) ignore the whole thing.
Now, if this would involve someone I know and care about.. This would be the easiest thing to answer. Because I'd do everything in my power to protect them and take down the assailant.

So yeah.. tough question..
I think, if I get confronted with the situation enough, something in me will snap, and then all bets are off. And seeing I'm walking by, it'll take a while before I'd be able to move on from the scene. So chances are real I would go and confront.. eventually.

Calling the cops would probably only occur to me as an option after I have confronted the assailant.
And asking nicely, in a situation like that, won't ever be an option for me.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
Ooh, tough question, interesting scenario.
It's so hard to say what I would do. I know how I'd probably feel; I'd feel like kicking the shit out of him instead. Because that kind of brutal violence against anyone, human or not, totally pulls my strings. Especially when the victim is cowering. I can get very protective.

But then, this is happening down the street, me just walking there. It is none of my business.. So what do I do? Interfere or not? I'd definitely be torn between taking action and (trying to) ignore the whole thing.
Now, if this would involve someone I know and care about.. This would be the easiest thing to answer. Because I'd do everything in my power to protect them and take down the assailant.

So yeah.. tough question..
I think, if I get confronted with the situation enough, something in me will snap, and then all bets are off. And seeing I'm walking by, it'll take a while before I'd be able to move on from the scene. So chances are real I would go and confront.. eventually.

Calling the cops would probably only occur to me as an option after I have confronted the assailant.
And asking nicely, in a situation like that, won't ever be an option for me.
i'd "ask" the man to stop, and I'd take the dog away. I would want to PROTECT the powerless victim dog. Whether I know the dog or not makes not as much difference for me as some. I think this is part of my "8ness".

I'm not good at typing people, but I suggest your response has some 9 to it. You are conflicted. You really want peace. There IS an anger in you, and you recognize you "snap", and you do try pretty hard to contain that anger deep where it won't do any damage or harm.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
Yeah, that's definitely relatable to me :(

I do often feel the restlessness of 7 clash with type 9's complacency.
I'm still not that active in my search for fulfillment.. Many times I'm bored and I'm just 'waiting' for something to happen. Which isn't there in the dictionary of the 7, the whole 'waiting for something to happen'-bit.
I have a 7 wing, and a very good friend who is 7 I've been contemplating on a lot.
A 7 DOES Things. They go get laid, they jump off buildings, they tell the cute person they are cute, they drive fast sometimes.

That being said, a 7 can absolutely decide to put things on hold, to regroup and contemplate. The 7 has ties to both 1 and 5 who are introspective, slow down, think it through types.

7 wants to taste bits of life, see things, do things experience things without necessarily becoming immersed in any one thing.
9 wants to withdraw more, be at peace, enjoy peace, much quieter.

As an ENTP 8, I love to argue, discuss, learn. You have some understanding of enneagram. Why don't you disagree with me on some of my points? I'm sure there are some things I understand differently than you, and the exercise of disagreement might help you figure you out.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i'd "ask" the man to stop, and I'd take the dog away. I would want to PROTECT the powerless victim dog. Whether I know the dog or not makes not as much difference for me as some. I think this is part of my "8ness".

I'm not good at typing people, but I suggest your response has some 9 to it. You are conflicted. You really want peace. There IS an anger in you, and you recognize you "snap", and you do try pretty hard to contain that anger deep where it won't do any damage or harm.
The desire for peace isn't something I experience as a conscious thing, but I can't deny it's there.. It's pretty obvious in my avoidance of stirring up dust.
And it's the same with the containing of my anger. I have to make a conscious decision to express it or else I'll just keep it in and grow resentment. Which will explode into a wild fiery rage that is way out of proportion to the situation. Having awareness of my anger was never the problem for me, instead, the bottling up was/is.

I have a 7 wing, and a very good friend who is 7 I've been contemplating on a lot.
A 7 DOES Things. They go get laid, they jump off buildings, they tell the cute person they are cute, they drive fast sometimes.

That being said, a 7 can absolutely decide to put things on hold, to regroup and contemplate. The 7 has ties to both 1 and 5 who are introspective, slow down, think it through types.

7 wants to taste bits of life, see things, do things experience things without necessarily becoming immersed in any one thing.

As an ENTP 8, I love to argue, discuss, learn. You have some understanding of enneagram. Why don't you disagree with me on some of my points? I'm sure there are some things I understand differently than you, and the exercise of disagreement might help you figure you out.
Hehe.. asking a 9 to disagree with you :D love it
I don't have much to disagree with actually, but I can expand.
I've found that on the surface, this is true for me. This is how I tend to act, when I'm not feeling passionate about something. But underneath, I'm always on the lookout for something to make me come to life, something to initiate the spark in me and that can get me to be immersed in it 100%. Maybe it's the combination of the sexual instinct with type 9?... It's part of the reason I typed at 4 and 7 previously.
:gentleman:
Hehe..
:th_wink:

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
my vote is a very self aware 9.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
@Draconic

In summary, your handwriting has many flourishes and exaggerated capitals which is one of the exhibitionistic 7ish (or 2/3) trait. The pressure you apply is soft and written slowly, which highlights your easy-going 9ish side. Usually core 7s have a more quicker style of writing. The unique thing about your handwriting is that even though there are many flourishes, the rhythm of your writing doesn't seem as natural and congruent, so in another words, it's as if you are trying hard/working hard to become an interesting person.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@Draconic

In summary, your handwriting has many flourishes and exaggerated capitals which is one of the exhibitionistic 7ish (or 2/3) trait. The pressure you apply is soft and written slowly, which highlights your easy-going 9ish side. Usually core 7s have a more quicker style of writing. The unique thing about your handwriting is that even though there are many flourishes, the rhythm of your writing doesn't seem as natural and congruent, so in another words, it's as if you are trying hard/working hard to become an interesting person.
Ooh, thanks! That's pretty amazing, and spot on! Even the whole trying hard to be(come) an interesting person, as embarrassing as it may sound.
Would you mind doing @Animal 's too, whenever you find the time? :)

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
@Quang
No rush of course :) The analyses I've seen so far are amazing. If it helps, I can send more writing because it comes out very differently when I use a felt tip pen, another kind of paper, a different mood etc. Let me know!
Thanks so much :,)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
@Quang
No rush of course :) The analyses I've seen so far are amazing. If it helps, I can send more writing because it comes out very differently when I use a felt tip pen, another kind of paper, a different mood etc. Let me know!
Thanks so much :,)
It's best if you use a pen that leaves a bit of ink e.g. 0.7

And yes, it is better if you have 2-3 examples of your different handwriting styles. Funny enough, another SX4 friend of mine also reported that her handwriting changed quite a lot depending on the situation :eek: (bipolar lol)

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
It's best if you use a pen that leaves a bit of ink e.g. 0.7

And yes, it is better if you have 2-3 examples of your different handwriting styles. Funny enough, another SX4 friend of mine also reported that her handwriting changed quite a lot depending on the situation :eek: (bipolar lol)
It's funny you say that.. I was telling @Draconic before, "I think the most fourish thing about my handwriting is that it changes based on my mood" :,)

i was joking and didn't realize that was actually a thing.

my father is a 7 and his handwriting is exactly what you describe- one gigantic letter followed by a bunch of rushed tiny letters.

sorry this is a lot of disconnected sentences.. Iphone acting up.

i will try to find several
diary entries with content that isnt too embarrassing to post. (Difficult) .. That wil account for some moods. I may not be able to post til tomorrow though.

love the insights :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
@Animal

The pressure applied in your writing is firm and consistent. You have particularly strong strokes on your 'y's and 'g's, and the letters which invade the lower zones (L), which suggests your animalistic and sexual nature. The shifts in the slant of your letters and baseline indicates your unpredictable emotional temperament.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
@Quang

Not to sound too demanding or needy, :tongue: but if you want to analyze me some more, here's more 'data'..
This time my writing was done faster and I was less conscious of the writing itself. So it's bound to show more.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts