Personality Cafe banner
1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Jetsune Lobos 
#1 ·
Hola.

My brain is off but my thoughts are just whizzin around like nobody's business.

I used to do this much more.

Can't quite make myself think, and none of me wants to, but I kinda want to.

Thoughts, fellow ENTPs? Can I make brain do things or should I sleep and let unconscious have its fun?

#2 ·
i think I know what you mean,

when you're wanting to think, you can't but then when you want to focus your mind wanders? I think that's because of our Ne-Ti, in order for us to start thinking, we need an external stimulation for us to process in our mind. It sucks but it's awesome

Reactions: oooshiny
#5 ·
Oh, that happens to me sometimes. It's very rare but I get into such moods where I can't think as I usually do/find it really hard to conjure up thoughts and it drives me insane. I tend to be more of a jerk when it happens because I'm so frustrated, but I warn people about my bad mood lol

I just wait for it to go away, sleeping well seems to speed up the process. Let your subconscious deal with whatever is screwing up your thought process :)

#9 ·
Bad perspective, sister.

I used to pace around aimlessly too until I realized that I could be doing the exact same thing, only as ball, rolling around my living room floor with abandon. Now my thoughts seem to zip through my headspace at twice the speed and I no longer have to worry about my ESTP roommate approaching and pestering me to listen to his shitty taste in music.

Innovation.

#7 ·
My mind's a big bowl of white noise all the time. I can't stop thinking - and infact often when I want to relax I pick a nice little problem and try to wrap my head around it. That's really relaxing.

Said that, it's really hard to concentrate on stuff sometimes when I am not interested in it. I feel big chunks of my brain just doing other things failing to chip in and work on whatever I should be thinking about.

Now if something sparks my interest, there is really no stoping all of my brain to go at it. It's *whooom* instant full attention. Nothing else matters. You know we come from hunters and gatherers - my mind is definetly a hunter. Pretty girl? *whoom* Nothing else exists. Some philosophical debate? I'm in 100%. Technical ideas? Sure, why not. Learn stuff for something I don't believe in? Bleh, white noise everywhere.

So here's what I do. I feed my brain new interesting stuff to work on as often as I can. And then I hope it's happy enough to do some stuff for me that I really don't care about but have to do anyway. Sure doesn't sound like the best plan but it mostly works ok for me. You got a better one, then I'm all ears. :)

#8 ·
I just want to be able to exercise my brain better.

Even in arguments sometimes I just space out and practically forget why I'm even there. Like large, emotionally-charged arguments. I just- whoop! consciousness gone. And then I rely on my Ne to bring me back into the discussion and eventually save my ass.

Could this be a coping mechanism? Haven't thought about it that way before, but I guess I could see it. A little more F than T, honestly, but it may be that I don't think I'm winning or I don't think I have the information needed to succeed in my argument and so I just stop myself from thinking?

Or is it just a boredom thing? The discussion or subject of interest took too long, or I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over with no result.

Both of these seem plausible to me. Plz send help and more gin. I'm only posting or responding when tipsy so I might make that a new thread! OOO THAT'S A GREAT IDEA K BYE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.