Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so iv known him since high school,hes very sensitive,quiet,and goofy,often irratating lol,anyways,
hes so strange,i try to connect to him as a friend but he seems so hesitant,which irratates me because hes being realy overly sensitive,also,i always suspected he was an infj,and when i gave him an mbti test it confirmed by suspicion,
i just dont knopw how to chill with the guy,we both play guitar so we sometimes jam,but basicaly i cant reach him at his core,he tries to connect with me,when im doing other things,when i want to connect with him,its so strange,he gives one word answers,or other weird crap.....i just want to slap him lol

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hmm, I can totally relate to the difficulty and the frustration you're experiencing.

I have a fairly recent INFJ friend and our relationship is very weird. He loves to have long talks about totally random stuff. Sometimes he'll hit upon a topic that's interesting to me and we'll have a nice conversation, but other times he wants to talk about stuff that's so far removed from my interests that I feel I'm wasting my time in a huge way.

His Ni is so all over the place that it drains me very quickly. He's also prone to feel very misunderstood and rejected when I don't care about his current fascination that's going to be as short lived as every other. I wish he could suppress his Ni and Fe and focus on his Ti a little more, because he certainly has the potential to be a great conversation partner and offer unique and interesting ways to look upon things.

He also clashes very badly with my other friend who I strongly suspect is INTJ.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
ok so iv known him since high school,hes very sensitive,quiet,and goofy,often irratating lol,anyways,
hes so strange,i try to connect to him as a friend but he seems so hesitant,which irratates me because hes being realy overly sensitive,also,i always suspected he was an infj,and when i gave him an mbti test it confirmed by suspicion,
i just dont knopw how to chill with the guy,we both play guitar so we sometimes jam,but basicaly i cant reach him at his core,he tries to connect with me,when im doing other things,when i want to connect with him,its so strange,he gives one word answers,or other weird crap.....i just want to slap him lol
I don’t know anything about your friend. Maybe he objectively is a strange, overly sensitive, irritating person. Maybe that’s just your subjective opinion of him. Regardless, if I knew you thought that about me, I wouldn’t open up to you either.

In general, if I’m giving one word answers, it’s because I don’t feel like answering the questions. Either the person is treading into personal areas where I don’t feel comfortable giving them answers, or they’re asking questions like it’s an interrogation. I haven’t seen you and your friend interact, so I don’t know...but if you’ve broadcast any of the feelings you’re expressing in your post, it’s probably the former. Opening up to someone so disdainful seems like a bad idea.

Why are you friends with this guy? It doesn’t sound like either of you is getting much from the friendship.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know anything about your friend. Maybe he objectively is a strange, overly sensitive, irritating person. Maybe that’s just your subjective opinion of him. Regardless, if I knew you thought that about me, I wouldn’t open up to you either.

In general, if I’m giving one word answers, it’s because I don’t feel like answering the questions. Either the person is treading into personal areas where I don’t feel comfortable giving them answers, or they’re asking questions like it’s an interrogation. I haven’t seen you and your friend interact, so I don’t know...but if you’ve broadcast any of the feelings you’re expressing in your post, it’s probably the former. Opening up to someone so disdainful seems like a bad idea.

Why are you friends with this guy? It doesn’t sound like either of you is getting much from the friendship.
well i enjoy chilling wiht him,idk if he enjoys chilling with me lol,at times i have given him light insults,but only to get him out of this overly senstive nature he has,like somethings arent that emotional lol,but he never seemed to liked this and form then on,always has this hesitant feeling he gives off when im around him

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
he never seemed to liked this and form then on,always has this hesitant feeling he gives off when im around him
Well, better not do it, then. He obviously hates it when you do it and doesn't want to say he finds it dickish. This is how my dynamic with an INTJ in the past was.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, better not do it, then. He obviously hates it when you do it and doesn't want to say he finds it dickish. This is how my dynamic with an INTJ in the past was.
but i mean im trying to get him out of this overaly sensitive moods his always in.one time in high school he had a long distance relationship with a girl he met from overseas,he never ever met this girl in person,and when she dumpted him,he came the next day to school with cuts on his writs,i mean wth?,and the cuts were so small,almost like small scratches,but you can clearly see it from self made from a blade or something??

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
well i enjoy chilling wiht him,idk if he enjoys chilling with me lol,at times i have given him light insults,but only to get him out of this overly senstive nature he has,like somethings arent that emotional lol,but he never seemed to liked this and form then on,always has this hesitant feeling he gives off when im around him
You insulted him. He didn’t like it. Now he’s hesitant around you. <—— That isn’t part of a healthy relationship. Again, I don’t know if he genuinely is overly sensitive. But the fact of the matter is, you think so. You also think insulting him is going to fix the problem. Not a great plan.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
but i mean im trying to get him out of this overaly sensitive moods his always in.one time in high school he had a long distance relationship with a girl he met from overseas,he never ever met this girl in person,and when she dumpted him,he came the next day to school with cuts on his writs,i mean wth?,and the cuts were so small,almost like small scratches,but you can clearly see it from self made from a blade or something??
Well, he does sound like he doesn't want anything else than pity and attention. Tough love will only be met with further repulsion. He sounds young, too stuck in his own defensive compulsions. There isn't much there you can do to bring him out of his shell. He doesn't trust you, and that likely won't change.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
ok so iv known him since high school,hes very sensitive,quiet,and goofy,often irratating lol,anyways,hes so strange,i try to connect to him as a friend but he seems so hesitant,which irratates me because hes being realy overly sensitive,also,i always suspected he was an infj,and when i gave him an mbti test it confirmed by suspicion,i just dont knopw how to chill with the guy,we both play guitar so we sometimes jam,but basicaly i cant reach him at his core,he tries to connect with me,when im doing other things,when i want to connect with him,its so strange,he gives one word answers,or other weird crap.....i just want to slap him lol
as a highly sensitive person, I do not believe there is such a thing as being ‘overly sensitive’…that’s just something others say when they are never as sensitive as you are. Sensitivity is part of a person’s makeup, unlikely to change over the years much. as far as connecting, being a highly sensitive introvert myself who is prone to energy drain from seemingly any and all humans, there’s no way I will ever be forced to connect or open up if I don’t want to. slap me all you want lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Depends on the dynamics and personalities of the two, thre will be interests and disinterests of different tastes between say two, find what works in the dynamics of that friend and let that be, develop from tehre and both will grow.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is another answer i got from another infj friend i have who was just starting out learning about mbti theory...i asked him if he ever had an out of body experince hes reply was''us infjs are having it all the time,our ni is so detached he constanlty out f body'' i mean whats up with there infjs and there answers?.is it because he wasnt taking my quesiton seriously enough or what? but out of body means litterlay out of body??....like infjs will always give you theres bulshit answers,you trying to get a scientific answer out of them and they rather answer you according to whats best for you to hear,or in the answers trying to help insead of the definite fact answer???,its like manipulation,when in fact you want a direct,truthful answer!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
this is another answer i got from another infj friend i have who was just starting out learning about mbti theory...i asked him if he ever had an out of body experince hes reply was''us infjs are having it all the time,our ni is so detached he constanlty out f body'' i mean whats up with there infjs and there answers?.is it because he wasnt taking my quesiton seriously enough or what? but out of body means litterlay out of body??....like infjs will always give you theres bulshit answers,you trying to get a scientific answer out of them and they rather answer you according to whats best for you to hear,or in the answers trying to help insead of the definite fact answer???,its like manipulation,when in fact you want a direct,truthful answer!
Ni-Fe just works that way. It manipulates and pleases. You won't get a Te-flavoured answer from an Fe user. The inner dialogue goes, "Why are they asking this? What is it they're after?" Furthermore, if you wake no trust in the person, you won't get an open answer.

Reactions: naren
1 - 15 of 15 Posts