Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It's okay, I feel that way about someone I know of that type myself. I don't think they're all hard to get. I think most of them are pretty easy to get once you understand how their emotional logic works.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does their emotional logic work??? haha
I have a feeling my ENFJ is capable of so much emotion...and sometimes times I'm thinking maybe I just want to think that, because he really hasn't shown that....

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
How does our emotional logic work?

Uh, we care about other people more than ourselves most of the time... We usually have very strong emotions, akin to someone having a very strong opinion.... despite that, we're not confrontational people, at least not with our own problems cause we dislike disharmony.

Uh... what else... I don't know how to contribute... :p

P.S.

@dulcinea, aren't you supposed to be INFP? Why didn't I get a memo of the type change :3

1,636 Posts
my ENFJ always makes laugh with his comments
if he is in a bad mood i always say "i just wanna make you feel better and come over and give you a nice hug so you can at least know someone is there for you and cares for you"
and he answers "you are too good to/for me. i don't deserve someone like you in my life. i really don't." - and that is his very usual sentence - not just towards me but he says this very often. like "my friends are too good to me". i always die laughing for some reason when he says that - i got laughing attract last night when he wrote that - i nearly died there.
i just said "ahahhaha well there is nothing to deserve here" ahahah

i know im maybe rude - but this sounds so... humbly ...and like "hat in the hand"...that it makes me laugh like an idiot lol

Reactions: dulcinea

·
Registered
6,529 Posts

Uh, we care about other people more than ourselves most of the time... We usually have very strong emotions, akin to someone having a very strong opinion.... despite that, we're not confrontational people, at least not with our own problems cause we dislike disharmony.

P.S.

@dulcinea , aren't you supposed to be INFP? Why didn't I get a memo of the type change :3
I find ENFJs have a certain kind of logic to their emotions that, well from the experience with one that I know, when he doesn't something I don't always understand it at first, so I'll ask him about it and when he explains it, it makes perfect sense, so I guess that's what I meant.

Yeah, I was mistyped. I went by MBTI quizzes that were a bit misleading, but deep introspection along with every JCF test I've ever taken told me that I don't use Fi all that much, so then I thought maybe I'm just an INFp according to socionomics theory. It wasn't until really understood how judging vs. perceiving works that I realized that I do lean towards judging preference, just a "judger" with a slightly messy desk. But the CF's all lean towards INFJ I use Ti quite a bit and I prefer Ni and Fe to Fi and Ne. I think I actually use Ni Fe and Ti pretty evenly but it depends on the occasion.

It's so embarrassing to think of my old posts that were like, "As an INFP I know blah blah blah!" I really wanted to be an INFP too. It threw me back a little when I had to admit that I'm really not. You know, I still get thanks for my post on the thread "+30 INFPs advice to younger INFPs" I guess it was still applicable, lol.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
how does their emotional logic work??? haha
I have a feeling my ENFJ is capable of so much emotion...and sometimes times I'm thinking maybe I just want to think that, because he really hasn't shown that....
From my limited experience (and like I say, the one you know might be really different) I find the one I know is intensely emotional, but he also has a lot of self-control. At first sometimes, he might seem cold and calculated, but I guess I read between the lines with him a lot too. I find a lot of the intensity of his emotionality comes out when I need his help or ask him a favor and he does something with this attitude, like "I feel honored to do this for you." He gets really really excited about helping the people in his life and doing things for them.

What I meant too, like I said in the other post, is that some of them might behave in ways that seem counterintuitive, and might appear to not make a lot of sense but when you get them to explain, they can articulate themselves in such a way that it does. It's like a person's emotions have a certain consistent logic to it. A particular stimulus usually leads to a particular response; with ENFJs I find that can be kinda confusing sometimes because they're so chameleon like, but they also have that consistent side too.

I know I'm being kinda vague, but not having a lot of details to work with, I'm not sure what direction to go in.

1,636 Posts
I find ENFJs have a certain kind of logic to their emotions that, well from the experience with one that I know, when he doesn't something I don't always understand it at first, so I'll ask him about it and when he explains it, it makes perfect sense, so I guess that's what I meant.

Yeah, I was mistyped. I went by MBTI quizzes that were a bit misleading, but deep introspection along with every JCF test I've ever taken told me that I don't use Fi all that much, so then I thought maybe I'm just an INFp according to socionomics theory. It wasn't until really understood how judging vs. perceiving works that I realized that I do lean towards judging preference, just a "judger" with a slightly messy desk. But the CF's all lean towards INFJ I use Ti quite a bit and I prefer Ni and Fe to Fi and Ne. I think I actually use Ni Fe and Ti pretty evenly but it depends on the occasion.

It's so embarrassing to think of my old posts that were like, "As an INFP I know blah blah blah!" I really wanted to be an INFP too. It threw me back a little when I had to admit that I'm really not. You know, I still get thanks for my post on the thread "+30 INFPs advice to younger INFPs" I guess it was still applicable, lol.
i know how you feel - i was mistyped...twice! INTP and ENTP before i realized i am an Fi user instead of Ti and Fe user, and noticed i have manifestations of inferior Te function. And that good old Ne/Si dual in me lol
Now i have posts on threads "you know you are an INTP when..." and then i get thank for it lately and think "oh shit - this is just awkward" lol or when i go into my ENTP facebook group and see "since i am personally ENTP i know..." - it's absolutely embarrassing to me now hahah

Reactions: dulcinea

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

P.S.

@dulcinea, aren't you supposed to be INFP? Why didn't I get a memo of the type change :3
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Reactions: KC

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha...I feel like they think a lot but they don't say much about what they are really feeling,,,,but I am the same way so nothing gets said xD

But anyway. you guys are still cool

I'm just so used to adapting to other people....and here comes along someone who I can't really do that with because they are more "aware" or something...haha

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Every time, but every f*cking time a guy start flirting with me, I think he just wants sex. Generally, that's my opinion about every man.
I personally go by the rule "a gentleman offers to buy you dinner, an asshole insists" ;)

Reactions: xxsooz

·
Registered
53 Posts
Every time, but every f*cking time a guy start flirting with me, I think he just wants sex. Generally, that's my opinion about every man.
Even when he's not flirting with you he want's sex. At least the flirting guy had the nerve to be forward. It is an admirable trait to some. This is how men are programmed, if women were like men we would breed like fruit flies.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, whatever the topic was about...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
haha...I feel like they think a lot but they don't say much about what they are really feeling,,,,but I am the same way so nothing gets said xD

But anyway. you guys are still cool

I'm just so used to adapting to other people....and here comes along someone who I can't really do that with because they are more "aware" or something...haha
That they do. I guess a lot of it is fear of rejection, and being really sensitive to what the people they care about think of them; yeah, they also are very good at reading people in my experience. The one I know let me read a paper he wrote; I was surprised at how well he understood the people he was writing about at such a deep level, but if they have a hard time reading someone, it can be kind of difficult for them to open up I guess, because of being unsure of how that person feels. That's my experience at least.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Eesh .. this thread is like High School all over again

*facepalm*
running the risk that I might sound kinda daft, what makes this thread like high school?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts