Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first took a personality text, i was typed as an INFP. I think i was around 20% extrovert and 80% introvert, but i was much more shy back then and around a year later, i took the test again and i scored around 60% introvert and 40% extrovert. I read about ENFP's, and i felt like i matched the description better than the INFP's but at the same time i match some aspects of the INFP's description better as well.

Also, I've noticed that i gain energy from being social, but i reach a point where i gain too much energy and my brain gets overwhelmed, so i need to just shut down for a while, not to recharge but to "discharge." Alone time doesn't "drain" me though, it just brings me back to a more neutral level of energy and it allows me to recollect my thoughts. I can stay alone for a VERY long amount of time, but i never gain energy from it though.

Second thing - everyone else thinks i'm shy and quiet. So far I've heard that ENFP's are meant to be social and charismatic which i am not. Overall, i don't think i'm *that* quiet, well not around my friends at least, but i'll also talk to people that i'm not friends with so i don't get why everyone thinks i'm so quiet? I asked my friends about this and they said that my personality wasn't quiet but my voice is, but then other people think my personality is quiet as well?

Sorry if this post is all over the place, i'm SUPER confused at the moment, and i just want a second opinion on this. Again, i apologize.

·
Registered
9,125 Posts
If you have to ask - INFP. Everything you said was INFP to me.

You are analyzing it and trying to reflect on the principles involved. An ENFP would just say, 'Of course I am ENFP, Booyah!'

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
What makes you certain you're an NFP?

I think you're more of an introvert, though. Introversion and extraversion are not strictly speaking a binary dichotomy. You can enjoy social company every once in a while and still be an introvert, and you can enjoy your alone time and hate parties and still be an extravert. It's more how you have a strong urge for inner balance that indicates introversion.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
ENFP, maybe. I thought all the same things as you to a t.

Don't listen to the others. A lot of ENFPs doubt their extraversion. We might seem confident but internally we doubt ourselves. If the descriptions for ENFP fit better then go for it. What's the point in calling yourself an INFP if you act like an ENFP?

The problem with the social descriptions of ENFP is they tend to neglect the issues we have with small talk and what a big difference that makes to how we appear extraverted. We can talk for hours if it's a topic we care about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts