Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to make fun of my question. This is the first place I want to ask this question, judging by the people in this website so far.

I feel as if I know what true love really is. It almost feels as if it is embedded into my heart.
I have felt so far that love is when I truly care and cater for others. I love my family and I will help those that I care about the most. That is why I am currently attending Medical school. My Mother personally told me to become a stronger person, so that when I grow up, I can help those who need it.

I just wonder if people feel the same way, and have such a (weird) high standard for what love is.
I can somewhat confirm this from my Father and Grandfather. He was strict in his way of living (supporting my Family including relatives and other clanspeople) and I see that he is truly happy helping others.

I have no desire to have any romantic relationship. I even see masturbating as a way of taking away any sort of libido I have. I have such a weird moral view, compared to other people. Is this me going insane? Am I still insanely naive? Am I just living in a delusion? Are there people like me? I would love to see their view.

(wow this kind of feels like I wrote some anime script. Probably would have never noticed it if I stayed a fob.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like damn. I had a really healthy childhood. I had excellent parents that showed me how to live life, and I saw no contradictions from the way they lived. I was loved like no other. Now I'm here drunk af writing this shit.

·
Registered
790 Posts
um.. ah..

i dont know what to say.

Reactions: bigpunbape

·
Registered
897 Posts
Are you asking if other people are asexual and/or aromantic, experiencing platonic and familial love without ever experiencing a desire to pair-bond? If so, yes, some people are. Just Google them. :)

Reactions: bigpunbape

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, now that I am sober, I realized I wrote clanspeople which is a really weird word. I am from Chun-an and my last name is Jun. A prominent figure from my family is Jeon Bong Jun.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,417 Posts
Ah. So that's the word. It's kind of weird because asexual means you reproduce by yourself. But I guess it makes sense.
It simply means you don't wanna have sex with anyone.

And if you also don't want a romantic relationship with anyone, then you are also aromantic.

And you are not alone. You are simply part of a minority, but not alone in this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts