Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's my mbti?

[This is a little long, apologies in advance ;)]
Hello, my name is Amy and I'm new here, I've taken numerous tests but always got different types and its gotten to the point where I've studied them all but they don't sound like me.
I often get Intp,Infp,Infj,Isfp,Enfp and probably others. I would really appreciate if someone helped.

I'll describe myself as best I can:
I consider myself very independent, I love doing things by myself and dislike large group settings (depends on company), I dislike people lacking depth and common sense or personal willpower.
I'm very compassionate when it comes to the poor or abused animals/people (I am also vegan whether that means anything regarding personality)
I find self expression and creativity/music mandatory in life.
I dont do well in school due to my low tolerance of being told to do meaningless things, although if i apply myself I can get A's or b's, but I simply do not care for school education, just give me the basics that I need in life.
I have my own goal in life that doesn't require a school education.

Others tend to think I'm dumb or weird since I'm interested in other things like spirituality or psychology also mainly because I'm quiet.

I enjoy singing and learning things on a daily basis.
I don't have a lot of friends just 2 close ones and my family.
I do like people a lot it just depends on the types of people.
I strive for success in life and fulfilling my goals, I like the thought of defying the odds and proving people wrong, but not in a harsh "ha ha" way.

Im also a very chill person, I don't see the point in freaking myself out about little things or even my future.
I think calm and steady wins the race, personally.

I have a good sense of humor, I use humor to get me through difficult times or to just cheer someone up.

I don't daydream too often, Only before I sleep at night.
I trust my instinct most of all, it's usually right about things, however I can see when something is illogical.
I don't partake in things that go against my gut and lack common sense.

I often spot the underdog in a situation, When others talk bad about them I have an opposing opinion and lowkey root for them because in a way I resonate, Even though i do sit with a large group of "friends" I dont identify with any of them besides the 2 real friends.

I personally look well put together when i go outside, I like fashion and looking well.
However my room after i get ready is another story, Its often cluttered but I do manage to clean it up when I have to. I just don't stress about these things as much as others, other things are more important to me.

I hope this is enough information, sorry if it was too much or not enough but I'd honestly really appreciate if someone could help me figure this out.
Thank you! -Amy

·
Registered
730 Posts
@Amykinso

I would say ISFP. Have you looked into cognitive functions at all? Its also possible that you're INFP in early stages as you're still in school. What do you like about psychology exactly?

PS:::Do people really think you're weird for liking psychology? I mean, its a profession and quite an established one at that. Mysticism I could see, because of the existing stigma, but I don't think that way of seeing it is necessarily innovative anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replying :) And yes I have looked into cognitive functions and have decided im either Infp or isfp but cant narrow it down. And yes, Im always studying about things such as psychology in my own time and people don't really understand that, They often think its bizarre and that I should be doing something else but 🌝
What I like about psychology is how I'm able to gain understanding about myself/others and how to deal with things in life mostly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks for replying :) And yes I have looked into cognitive functions and have decided im either Infp or isfp but cant narrow it down. And yes, Im always studying about things such as psychology in my own time and people don't really understand that, They often think its bizarre and that I should be doing something else but ��
What I like about psychology is how I'm able to gain understanding about myself/others and how to deal with things in life mostly.
@Amykinso

Well that sucks, you should stick to what you want to do anyway.

Do you tend to like art for reasons such as finding it aesthetically pleasing e.g. beautiful, pretty, or do you find you build it up in your mind to something like a story (which others might not see but you do) or like it for bizarre qualities or certain traits you find attractive.

just realized, I actually unconsciously transferred your wording and used it in my writing for the word bizarre. That was weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hm thats interesting..or should I say, bizarre🤔 (Sorry i had to)

Anywho, I never thought about that,I guess I tend to like art because it helps people to express themselves, But I do both of the things you listed, I enjoy art for arts sake, because it's eye catching etc, but I also spend time thinking about it a lot, like something to draw or create/Sing about.
I have a vision that maybe others don't see yet but that's only because I don't have the things to create it yet. I think that's why I think im more Infp-ish, but I'm not completely in my day dreams, im not as passive as most infps are stereotyped, maybe im both infp/Isfp?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts