Personality Cafe banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So you don't know what to do with your life. Forget about what you want to DO with life. Think about what you want OUT of life. What do you want? If you don't know this, it'll be a lot harder to think of the "Do" part.

The most important thing is to keep your mind open and be ready to take risks. Your immediate post-high school years are the prime time to experiment and figure out what you like and dislike, so don't stay cooped up in your room wondering how to live. Go out and actually live the life you imagine in your head. I say this because INFPs can get too caught up in daydreams (something I learned the hard way!).
I don't know what I want out of life. What if I don't want anything from life? Also how can I figure out what I like and dislike? What do you mean by experiment?

·
Registered
81 Posts
First of all, if you're inside, try to get out and go somewhere where you can be alone, or, if you prefer, somewhere where there are lots of people. Just don't stay the way you are right now if you really are depressed. It all comes down to moments you see, we are always in the present and you're living something that was once your future...
I guess you have your own ways of making yourself happy- try to have this one happy moment each day... Maybe the one thing you can do right now is to wait for things to pass and someday, you'll know more about what you want and you'll feel better... But don't just give up, try not to destroy yourself... And it isn't all about good marks and intelligence, sometimes, will and perseverance is way more important... I don't believe you're useless at everything. :)
And keep your eyes open, there's some nice stuff around. =)
I hope I haven't just typed up a bunch of useless words, but if I have, that's fine... :) I'm trying to say: I don't want you to just lay down and die, there's still some stuff you can get from life...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts