Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started out as the classic ENTP child. Smart, witty, assertive, adventurous, enthusiastic and well-liked from ages 0-14. In fact, the opposite of most ENTPs who apparently don't start out so witty and gain their wittiness as they grow older. However, in middle school, I guess I maybe didn't pick the right friends, and as soon as 8th grade hit, all my friends were smoking weed and becoming "those kids" and I guess I joined along with them.

First week of school, 9th grade hits and all the friends I had got caught smoking weed by the police, and I couldn't hang out with them for months. Me and them drifted and I'm not really friends with them any more. The problem is that since they got caught by the police, I didn't really have a back-up group of friends to hang out with all the time. I had other friends but they weren't nearly as significant and I didn't show them off as my friends as much because I used to hang out with "cool kids" and my other friends were sort of nerds.

Flash forward 2 and a half years and I still do not really have any friends. After the incident, I have spent most of my time on the internet doing political things that I sort of lost interest in around a year ago, and I have seemed to have lost basically all my interests. I have friends but I don't hang out with them very much and they're the same nerdy kids who I used to be afraid of talking about hanging out with. At this point, I have been depressed for a very long time, I have not been getting very much sleep for the past couple years, and I have this constant social anxiety around most people, with this swelling feeling in the back of my throat. My concentration skills are very poor and it feels like I have a fog in my brain. How the fuck do I fix this!? I want to feel like my old self again, I have tried and tried to make friends but because of this stupid fucking incident where I lost most of my friends, I became "that kid" who didn't have a group of people to hang with at the beginning of high school in a small-ass school (only 600 people, 180 people in my grade).

I don't know what to do! How do I stop this depression and become my confident, witty, assertive, adventurous and hard-working self again. I'm not nearly as well-liked as I used to be and kids kind of think I'm just goofy as fuck (which I am, but I used to get respect for it, now I don't) I don't care what people think of me too much (though I do, somewhat), all I care is just getting my traits back but I really don't know how and I want to now.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Regulate yourself.
Wake up early, about 4:20am and go for a jog. Weed out the problems one by one. My friend Juana suffered from similar problems, but thanks to me she went from sad Juana to merry Juana in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I started out as the classic ENTP child. Smart, witty, assertive, adventurous, enthusiastic and well-liked from ages 0-14. In fact, the opposite of most ENTPs who apparently don't start out so witty and gain their wittiness as they grow older. However, in middle school, I guess I maybe didn't pick the right friends, and as soon as 8th grade hit, all my friends were smoking weed and becoming "those kids" and I guess I joined along with them.

First week of school, 9th grade hits and all the friends I had got caught smoking weed by the police, and I couldn't hang out with them for months. Me and them drifted and I'm not really friends with them any more. The problem is that since they got caught by the police, I didn't really have a back-up group of friends to hang out with all the time. I had other friends but they weren't nearly as significant and I didn't show them off as my friends as much because I used to hang out with "cool kids" and my other friends were sort of nerds.

Flash forward 2 and a half years and I still do not really have any friends. After the incident, I have spent most of my time on the internet doing political things that I sort of lost interest in around a year ago, and I have seemed to have lost basically all my interests. I have friends but I don't hang out with them very much and they're the same nerdy kids who I used to be afraid of talking about hanging out with. At this point, I have been depressed for a very long time, I have not been getting very much sleep for the past couple years, and I have this constant social anxiety around most people, with this swelling feeling in the back of my throat. My concentration skills are very poor and it feels like I have a fog in my brain. How the fuck do I fix this!? I want to feel like my old self again, I have tried and tried to make friends but because of this stupid fucking incident where I lost most of my friends, I became "that kid" who didn't have a group of people to hang with at the beginning of high school in a small-ass school (only 600 people, 180 people in my grade).

I don't know what to do! How do I stop this depression and become my confident, witty, assertive, adventurous and hard-working self again. I'm not nearly as well-liked as I used to be and kids kind of think I'm just goofy as fuck (which I am, but I used to get respect for it, now I don't) I don't care what people think of me too much (though I do, somewhat), all I care is just getting my traits back but I really don't know how and I want to now.
Start doing sport, find something hard and violent, combat sport, or contact sport, such as Full Contact, Kick oxing, Muay Thai, or US football or Rugby. With that, you'll earn 3 things, take more confidence in you (you'll see that life if muchmore easier than fighting on a ring or try to stop a 100Kg player running on you), you'll find some new friends (don't care of their age), and you gain more abilities to concentrate on things (you'll see that you don't need a specific effort to stay focused during a 100 Minuts match). That's what I do when arriving in a new place (I travelled a lot some time ago).

Anyway, each time I feel bad, I usually find that I'm not doing any sport for a long while...
Serotonin is our friend.

·
Registered
141 Posts
^what he said.
engaging in an intense sport works for me too.
or engage in an intense sport with similar-minded people.

or go befriend @Riddler and hook yourself up with Juana there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts